PDA

View Full Version : So...what would you do with Flair after he is retired?

XL
03-05-2008, 04:00 PM
It's looking like Ric will be retired at this coming WrestleMania...so what would you have him do once he's retired?

Would you want him to disappear for good?
Would you be happy for him to what most "retired" wrestlers do and come back now and again?
Could you see him as a GM?

Personally, I'd like to see him tutor some of the younger guys as the manager of a stable. Something along the lines of...

Any 3 of the following would work in my opinion.

Kenny Dykstra
Lance Cade
Cody Rhodes
Elijah Burke
John Morrison
Dh Smith
Drew McIntyre
Paul Burchill

Call the 'Nature's Choice' (I know, pretty lame!)

Mr. Nerfect
03-05-2008, 04:16 PM
Ric Flair would make a great manager for some guy. He's pretty much the greatest wrestler of all-time, so when he says "This guy is it," then fans will hopefully listen.

I'm not a big fan of how Flair looks and performs in the ring these days, but I would not be opposed to him working the occasion match if the situation called for it. He would make a fine authority figure character, too. Flair could easily replace William Regal, and allow Regal to get back in the ring full-time.

Of course, Flair would also help out the young guys with classes before the show and all that.

As for who I'd like to see Flair manage, right now, Charlie Haas is at the top of my list. Haas is a fantastic wrestler, with a fair amount of charisma (people who say he has none have no idea what charisma is). He's just not flashy on the mic. Flair could help cover that up, and put Haas over as the great in-ring competitor he is.

XL
03-05-2008, 04:23 PM
I considered Haas for the list above.

Porcupine
03-05-2008, 04:31 PM
I'd actually really want to see Flair as a GM of a brand. I think he could really thrive in that role, moreso than a manager for a wrestler.

Londoner
03-05-2008, 04:32 PM
I thought the plan was to make him a smackdown commentator, but since coach has that role, i dunno. Maybe a manager.

Mr. Nerfect
03-05-2008, 04:33 PM
I considered Haas for the list above.

I guess the downside to Haas is that he isn't really what many consider to be a "bright star." He's a great wrestler to some, good to others, but most don't consider him much on the personality side.

Mr. Nerfect
03-05-2008, 04:34 PM
I thought the plan was to make him a smackdown commentator, but since coach has that role, i dunno. Maybe a manager.

I made a thread about that, because I was wondering if it would work. I'm not sure if there were actually rumours it would happen, though.

Rob
03-05-2008, 04:38 PM
Just send him out to the desert.... for a long tan.

Porcupine
03-05-2008, 04:40 PM
Im mixed on Flair as commentator. Coach is pretty bad...but I can understand him. Flair when he gets into hyper excited mode...I dont.

Kane Knight
03-05-2008, 04:44 PM
Flair will only retire when he dies in WWE's ring, so I guess bury him.

Xero
03-05-2008, 04:57 PM
Bronze him alive and run "Flair Cup" tournaments every year.

Stickman
03-05-2008, 05:00 PM
Was he not GM at one time? Or owner or some shit? Why go back to that when it obviously didn't work then?

Londoner
03-05-2008, 05:06 PM
I made a thread about that, because I was wondering if it would work. I'm not sure if there were actually rumours it would happen, though.

Yes, i read somewhere on tpww once that wwe was planning it. But that might have been a Matt 'the cunt' boone rumour.

Londoner
03-05-2008, 05:07 PM
Was he not GM at one time? Or owner or some shit? Why go back to that when it obviously didn't work then?

Um, i don't think he was?

Loose Cannon
03-05-2008, 05:09 PM
it's a simple storyline if you want to go that route.

You have Flair come back and be the mentor to the young Cody Rhodes. You have all that history already in place between Dusty and Flair. Dusty doesn't trust Ric, but Cody assures him things are cool. Cody starts winning matches, but does it in kind of a heel fashion like Ric. But the key here is he is still kept face and is just listening to Flair. Heat begins to boil between Dusty and his son. Dusty tries to tell his son that Flair is teaching him the easy way out. Cody tells his dad that Ric has taught him more then he's ever had

Cody starts a feud with MVP/Kennedy or someone else. They have a big match at one of the big four PPV's. Flair trains Cody hard for the match, but during the match, Cody's opponent seems to know all his moves and weaknesses.

This is where Flair would turn on Rhodes and reveal his plan all along was to cause a rip within the Rhodes family and kill all potential Cody had as a wrestler. Flair had been with Kennedy/MVP ect all along.

Then you go from there

Londoner
03-05-2008, 05:10 PM
Good idea, LC.

Xero
03-05-2008, 05:10 PM
Flair owned half of the WWF after Stephanie and Shane sold their shares in the company to him after the invasion was over. This is what lead to Vince/Flair at the Royal Rumble.

I believe he was also the first RAW GM.

Londoner
03-05-2008, 05:11 PM
can't believe i forgot that.

Mr. Nerfect
03-05-2008, 05:26 PM
Flair owned half of the WWF after Stephanie and Shane sold their shares in the company to him after the invasion was over. This is what lead to Vince/Flair at the Royal Rumble.

I believe he was also the first RAW GM.

That's pretty much it. He was never officially "General Manager," though. Just semantics, but I believe Flair was the "Owner" of RAW. Vince McMahon won back control of the WWE, and then he introduced General Managers when the burden of running two brands was apparently too much for him.

Eric Bischoff was brought in as RAW's General Manager, because we "deserved him." Then we got a General Manager we apparently "didn't deserve" (he got that right) over on SmackDown!, in Stephanie McMahon. To be fair, Stephanie was actually pretty good in her GM role.

But yeah, it's hard to look at the current Ric Flair character, and see him as one time, in kayfabe, actually owning the WWE just as much as Vince did. I think the WWE really should have played that up as part of the reason Vince wants Flair out.

Mr. JL
03-05-2008, 05:37 PM
Ric Flair should really disappear for good (with exception for one time special appearences) and go enjoy his life outside of the wrestling ring.

Testicle
03-05-2008, 06:33 PM
Ric Flair can do whatever he wants, he has earned that.

IMO though, I think he should actually retire and not wrestle anymore. Maybe make some appearances in North Carolina, where you know he will get a big pop, but thats about it.

Rob
03-05-2008, 06:37 PM
He should go into a retirement home or buy a Boca Vista condo or something.

St. Jimmy
03-05-2008, 06:38 PM
Sit on a couch and enjoy being retired.

Jura
03-05-2008, 06:54 PM
Retired is retired so don't have him on TV at all. People will miss him more if he's not on TV all the time.

Hanso Amore
03-05-2008, 07:31 PM
Host of the New NWA Clip show that replaces ECW as the third brand...

I can wish.

Skippord
03-05-2008, 08:54 PM
put him down

Kane Knight
03-05-2008, 09:03 PM
Stuff him and use him to hold down new talent.

Destor
03-05-2008, 09:16 PM
I was thinking you could retire him.

Afterlife
03-05-2008, 10:55 PM
Let him leave us with a quick and effective cardiac arrest.

Jura
03-06-2008, 03:15 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KdABlGoar9g&███████████" ></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent" autoplay="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KdABlGoar9g&███████████" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Good Ol JG
03-07-2008, 10:07 PM
I'd like to see him stop wrestling, he's been fuckin atrocious lately. But an appearance here or there, typical legends deal would be best.

My Final Heaven
03-08-2008, 03:14 AM
Encase him in Carbonite and turn him over to Big Jabba V.

Kane Knight
03-08-2008, 07:21 PM
I just had a thought. "Mister America" could return, though obviously saggier and coming out to "Also Sprach Zarathustra."

Juan
03-08-2008, 11:42 PM
My money is on him becoming the SD color commentator.

Mr. JL
03-08-2008, 11:50 PM
lol @ Lance Storm WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 'ing

NeanderCarl
03-08-2008, 11:52 PM
Take him out back and shoot him, and then use his skin to make a leather sofa for the reception at Titan Towers.

Afterlife
03-09-2008, 07:28 AM
My money is on him becoming the SD color commentator.

I could put up with Bradshaw. I really couldn't put up with Flair.