PDA

View Full Version : Should they join the WWE Hall of Fame

Rollermacka
03-07-2008, 03:36 PM
I was wonderin do you guys think that wrestlers who were great in WCW/ECW but didnt take off in WWE should be inducted to the WWE Hall of Fame? Two really good examples of this would be DDP and Public Enemy. DDP will always be one of my favorite wrestlers of all time and had a great career but had NO luck in the WWE. He was involved with the crappy "sarah" storyline and even worse after that the whole "it's a good thing" was even worse. Public Enemy is one of the greatest tag teams in history and was multitime WCW/ECW tag champs and other tag titles in between but they didnt take off in the WWE. Both DDP and PE were great in the other companies but failed to get over in the WWE, but since WWE bought both WCW and ECW do you think that there accomplishments in the other companies would allow them to join the WWE Hall of Fame?

Jeritron
03-07-2008, 03:54 PM
It all depends on relationship with the company. I dont see why not even in Vince's eyes, if everyones on good terms, even if they didnt' do much in WWF/E. We've seen numerous guys inducted from AWA and NWA and such. At this point WCW and ECW are a part of the WWE family, so I would imagine down the line it will begin to happen.

For instance, I bet Tazz will get inducted eventually primarily on his ECW fame and crudentials as well as as a commentator if he stays on good terms with the company.

Afterlife
03-07-2008, 03:54 PM
I would think that's part of the idea. They can induct anyone who made advancements in any company they own, at any time in that company's existance.

Also, "I like me; You like me; and I want to help you...like you," was very much fun in my book.

Afterlife
03-07-2008, 03:57 PM
It all depends on relationship with the company. I dont see why not even in Vince's eyes, if everyones on good terms, even if they didnt' do much in WWF/E. We've seen numerous guys inducted from AWA and NWA and such. At this point WCW and ECW are a part of the WWE family, so I would imagine down the line it will begin to happen.

For instance, I bet Tazz will get inducted eventually primarily on his ECW fame and crudentials as well as as a commentator if he stays on good terms with the company.

Quite honestly, I could see Joey Styles, down the road, getting the Mean Gene treatment because of his history. And, honestly...I was never a huge RVD mark, but I think we all know he'll be inducted at some point.

Rob
03-07-2008, 04:41 PM
Taz will get a shot before Styles does.

And absolutely no way will the Public Enemy get near any Hall of Fame that isn't connected with WrestleCrap.

Afterlife
03-07-2008, 04:44 PM
Well, duh, in regards to "Taz first". I'm just saying, I'm sure Joey will get there in another 20 years.

Rob
03-07-2008, 04:48 PM
Unless they run out of names or he gets a full time gig on Raw for 10 years, he ain't getting in.