PDA

View Full Version : Secret Window

Buzzkill
03-12-2004, 09:02 PM
So is it any good? Debating if I should spend 8 bucks on it or not.

samichna
03-12-2004, 09:12 PM
I heard that the first half of it is good, cause it goes along with book, but that the "surprise" or whatever at the ending is not so great. :-\

asphyXy
03-12-2004, 09:12 PM
<font color=969696>Looks like it aspires to suck.</font>

John la Rock
03-12-2004, 09:16 PM
well it's Johnny Depp who's a pretty damn good actor and his movies are usually kick ass

MrMeJW
03-13-2004, 10:27 AM
I've heard nothing but bad reviews for it. I wouldd pass on it

Seyda
03-13-2004, 01:35 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing it. I haven't read the book so...

loopydate
03-13-2004, 04:45 PM
It wasn't bad, but I saw the "twist" coming about 20 minutes in.

The sad thing is, this book was written in the '80s, right? So, when it was published, this kind of twist ending was fairly original. However, now that EVERY SINGLE F</>UCKING THRILLER has to have a big twist at the end, we come to expect it.

Not a bad movie, but I hate it when I can see the ending coming before the first act is over (unless it's a rom-com or something where you know they're going to end up happily ever after).

What Would Kevin Do?
03-14-2004, 11:58 AM
I agree, I saw the ending coming before the actual movie started... The acting was great however.

Triple A
03-14-2004, 07:45 PM
Yeah, what loopydate said.

I thought the movie was really good but the ending was kinda meh, since it's overdone so much.

I wasn't expecting it, but when they revealed it, I was like "oh god".

Buzzkill
03-14-2004, 11:58 PM
don't tell me he had a split personality or something, or that he was actually dead the whole time

Zelda
03-15-2004, 11:36 AM
I also saw the ending coming. :(

This movie was filmed in Quebec. :cool:

Champion of Europa
03-15-2004, 12:03 PM
I didn't see the ending coming, as I thought the big twist I heard about was that that was one of Mort Rainey's stories and he just wrote himself into it.

When I saw the ending, I was pretty disappointed, but it was still a pretty good movie.

I love those little eccentric things Depp does with his characters. Great stuff.

Imagi-Nation
03-16-2004, 07:58 AM
Can't go wrong with Johnny Depp

Dragon
03-17-2004, 09:35 PM
Yeah, I saw it and thought it was good. Even if you could see the ending coming from a mile away.

MVP
03-18-2004, 03:43 PM
I was expecting an ending with Ted somehow being involved with Shooter, but I was totally wrong.

Pretty good movie. :y:

Blitz
03-21-2004, 12:31 PM
Not awful. Johnny Depp's performance is reason enough to see it.

Kane Knight
03-21-2004, 06:48 PM
The sad thing is, this book was written in the '80s, right? So, when it was published, this kind of twist ending was fairly original. However, now that EVERY SINGLE F</>UCKING THRILLER has to have a big twist at the end, we come to expect it.
:lol:

This kind of twist ending has been done in horror for DECADES. It wasn't new when this book woulda come out...Horror and suspense would work VERY poorly if they were all predictable.

Anyways, I normally don't bother with King movies. He's a pretty uncreative hack. Had I know this was one of his, I wouldn't have bothered. However, finding out only when I saw the opening credits, I found myself enjoying it anyways. The "twist" ending wasn't all that "surprising" or anything, but I liked it anyways.

On that note, I kept pissing off the guy in front of me by guessing 90% of the plot "turns" before it'd ever happened. it was funny, especially since the book HAS been around for so long.

DaveWadding
10-03-2004, 05:36 AM
just saw it...

I wasn't overly impressed, but it wasn't a total waste of an hour and a half of my time, and I love those kind of endings.

DegenerationY
10-03-2004, 07:45 PM
Yeah I enjoyed it when I saw it. It's worth a rent. Not the most fantastic movie of all time, but it's entertaining.

Plus, Johnny Depp is one of my favorite actors, so I am a little biased...

Mighty Big Plug
10-04-2004, 01:35 AM
I didn't see the ending coming, as I thought the big twist I heard about was that that was one of Mort Rainey's stories and he just wrote himself into it.

When I saw the ending, I was pretty disappointed, but it was still a pretty good movie.

I love those little eccentric things Depp does with his characters. Great stuff.

Kinda same here, I thought it was gonna turn out that Depp wrote the book but used the same story as the old guy except for the names, I thought Depp's character would be part of the comic.

I like the movie a lot but the ending (even though I didn't see it coming) I didn't like.