PDA

View Full Version : Khali is taking time off to film a children's movie

KingofOldSchool
03-14-2008, 12:30 PM
- A new media article out of India notes that The Great Khali is looking to take Bollywood by storm and will star in "Ramaa - The Saviour" which is a children's adventure film. The movie will be shot in Vietnam and Burma, most likely later this year. The article notes that Khali made it clear that his debut Bollywood role should be a positive role, as he has a huge fan following in India, especially among the kids. There are other movie roles in Bollywood that Khali is considering and he wants to work with a number of top movie stars there.

Wrestlezone.com (At least...that's where I got it from)

Good for him, I'm glad to see he is a positive role model for children in his homeland.

SammyG
03-14-2008, 12:33 PM
How is he a fan favrite, he chopped teh undahtaker in da hed lolz, and i love teh undertakerr

Xero
03-14-2008, 12:37 PM
They need to run a show in India.

I want to see Khali get a huge pop just once.

Xero
03-14-2008, 12:38 PM
RAMAA SMASH!

Outsider
03-14-2008, 12:39 PM
He still can't wrestle for shit.

Paranoid Rattlesnake
03-14-2008, 12:41 PM
Pfffft Paki

Londoner
03-14-2008, 12:42 PM
Aslong as this means he's taking time out of wwe, i'm happy.

Maluco
03-14-2008, 12:53 PM
Yeah, pleased for him. He seems like he is a great guy, supporting so many in his own village in India.

Yeah, he is not a great wrestler, but he had an awesome presence that has since been ruined by, well, him getting beaten all the time, so it's a good career move to concentrate on other things.

Rammsteinmad
03-14-2008, 01:55 PM
What Fallen said.

Y2Ant
03-14-2008, 03:46 PM
They need to run a show in India.

I want to see Khali get a huge pop just once.

Imagine the Hindu World Order forming in India? It would be immense beyond words.

Destor
03-14-2008, 03:51 PM
except that's completely retarded.

Volare
03-14-2008, 08:32 PM
except that's completely retarded.

In WWE logic...that's brilliant!

Mr. Nerfect
03-15-2008, 03:29 AM
Sonjay Dutt apparently nearly caused riots in India because they love him so much. I can just imagine how bat shit crazy they go for Khali.

He's a great guy, has a hot wife, and can do more than what the WWE has let him do. He is, however, boring whenever he's on WWE TV. Personally, I think they should turn him face. I am still sticking to my idea that Khali should have a little face buddy (like Funaki) that he protects, and wins the WWE Tag Team Championship with. It gives someone like Funaki another title run, which he normally wouldn't get if he wasn't with Khali, and it puts Khali in a role where he is not entirely shit, and we are not meant to take him entirely seriously.

The Naitch
03-15-2008, 10:09 AM
Imagine the Hindu World Order forming in India? It would be immense beyond words.

:drool:

FourFifty
03-15-2008, 12:11 PM
Good for Khali. The dude donates a good chunk of his paycheck to poor people in his country, and I'm sure his movie will do better than The Marine.

Afterlife
03-15-2008, 12:23 PM
I don't understand how children are NOT afraid of the giant marionette that can beat up the zombie man. That seems more like nightmare fuel to me. Then again, I'm American; I guess I just know better. :p

Mr. Nerfect
03-15-2008, 12:30 PM
Khali never really seemed threatening to me. He strikes me as a gentle giant. His entrance is pretty corny, and there isn't much "flare" to him. He looks very humble when it comes to attire and ring presence.

Khali should really turn face, in my opinion.

KingofOldSchool
03-15-2008, 12:31 PM
Khali never really seemed threatening to me. He strikes me as a gentle giant. His entrance is pretty corny, and there isn't much "flare" to him. He looks very humble when it comes to attire and ring presence.

Khali should really turn face, in my opinion.

Khali was a face in my eyes ever since his World Title party that the dastardly Batista crashed.

Afterlife
03-15-2008, 12:32 PM
That's probably because they want him to be a monster, not a character. Too much flare = personality.

As for "gentle giant", I have two words: "Lady Elaine". She may not have been a physical threat, but GOOD GOD she was terrifying.

Kane Knight
03-15-2008, 12:41 PM
I heard he was starring in a remake of the original Star Wars trilogy.

Well, not starring. He's playing Chewbacca. The good news is, they don't have to make any sound effects up.

Afterlife
03-15-2008, 12:48 PM
Define the word "stretch", if you would. Ohp! Too late.

Y2Ant
03-15-2008, 02:24 PM
Khali was a face in my eyes ever since his World Title party that the dastardly Batista crashed.

Glad i'm not the only one who immensely enjoyed that party. Damn that dastardly Deacon. :'(

Afterlife
03-15-2008, 03:27 PM
Testify!