PDA

View Full Version : The return of the Two Man Power Trip

KingofOldSchool
03-16-2008, 12:23 PM
Okay I've been thinking about this for a while and I figured I'd bring this up here.

What would you guys say about them running an angle at Wrestlemania where both Triple H and John Cena turn heel and form The Two Man Power Trip ala Austin/HHH in 2001?

I know some of you will say "Ugh not another Turn John Cena heel thread." It's not really about that, because before Triple H's quad injury the rumors were that the whole angle was leading to Triple H vs. Stone Cold at Wrestlemania X-8.

This is mainly for something new and different especially since the original Two Man Power Trip didn't last as long as it should have due to Triple H's injury. This one could run its course throughout the rest of the year and into early next year leading up to Wrestlemania 25.

They should be booked almost exactly how Austin/HHH were then, HHH wins the WWE Title, Cena wins the IC Title, and then they eventually win the tag titles. Of course the main storyline here is why should the top two guys in the industry fight each other when they can just team up and take out everyone else.

JBL could form a loose association with them that is based on money where he will help them out when they need it. And they could use this to elevate Mr. Kennedy (even though I hate him) as a babyface and at the same time try to re-establish Randy Orton as a babyface as well. And of course you will still have guys like Jericho and HBK who they can feud with as well.

Of course this would all lead to them having a falling out, Cena turns back to possibly even a bigger face (one that can get 100% fan support) and face off with Triple H for the title next year at Mania.

This could help Cena improve his popularity ten fold by the end of this angle as the smart marks will get a break from his Super Face routine and the other fans will gladly cheer him again when they would turn him face again early next year.

I also see this as a heel version of the Mega Powers which was an incredible money maker for the company because it got over so well.

ManayZ
03-16-2008, 12:43 PM
I wouldn't wanna see HHH vs Cena again after this year's WM.

Londoner
03-16-2008, 12:49 PM
Wouldn't mind seeing cena as a heel again, and if it were to happen that wouldnt be that bad an idea.

KingofOldSchool
03-16-2008, 12:49 PM
I wouldn't wanna see HHH vs Cena again after this year's WM.

Too bad.

ManayZ
03-16-2008, 12:55 PM
k

St. Jimmy
03-16-2008, 12:59 PM
I love the idea. Completely.

Innovator
03-16-2008, 01:05 PM
Yeah, I'd like the idea of HHH and Cena realizing that they could run RAW. You have a built in feud with HBK cause he feels left out, and you have the chance to elevate someone to stand in their way.

KingofOldSchool
03-16-2008, 01:23 PM
Yeah, I'd like the idea of HHH and Cena realizing that they could run RAW. You have a built in feud with HBK cause he feels left out, and you have the chance to elevate someone to stand in their way.

I thought of the perfect way to include HBK in this.

Have HBK interrupt a Cena/HHH promo to voice his disgust over the whole thing. And Hunter will bring up the Kliq and how HBK taught him everything he knows about running the show. Triple H suggests there is room for a "Three Man Power Trip" and asks HBK to join us and let a new style of D-X reign supreme on Raw.

HBK ends up accepting and are posing together in the middle of the ring and then BAM! HBK superkicks Cena and then attacks Triple H.

Innovator
03-16-2008, 01:43 PM
I still mark out for sudden chin music

Innovator
03-16-2008, 01:48 PM
like at around 5:40 of the video

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bXgbUcKR_Rc&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bXgbUcKR_Rc&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Pardeep 619
03-16-2008, 01:49 PM
I think it would make more sense for HHH and JBL to form a 2 Man Power Trip - have HHH as the WWE Champion and JBL as the I.C Champion. It would be more believable to have JBL as a heel alongside HHH than Cena. JBL would then have won the Grand Slam (which means fuck all to me anyway). Then you can have guys like Jeff Hardy, Jericho, Cena etc chase them for the titles.

Londoner
03-16-2008, 01:56 PM
I would rather have cena there than JBL tbh. I don['t see how it makes more sense JBl being the ic champ.

Pardeep 619
03-16-2008, 05:05 PM
I would rather have cena there than JBL tbh. I don['t see how it makes more sense JBl being the ic champ.

It has been the one title that has eluded JBL, plus JBL is already heel and HHH would need to turn heel. Turning 2 main even babyfaces into heels (in my opinion) would not work as well as having, for example, HHH winning the title, turning heel, then have JBL by his side to help establish HHH as a bonafide heel, help HHH keep hold of the WWE Title and then HHH can return the favour with JBL becoming IC champion.

NeanderCarl
03-16-2008, 08:02 PM
I can see that - with Cena and Orton, rather than Trips though.

ManayZ
03-16-2008, 08:05 PM
Cena and Orton would be pretty interesting.

Londoner
03-16-2008, 08:15 PM
Sorry but i wouldn't want JBL at the top, he's just not that good.

Theo Dious
03-16-2008, 08:15 PM
I'm putting in my vote for the HHH/JBL 2MPT. Heel Cena and heel HHH wouldn't have any kind of dynamic that would interest me.

Additionally, for sheer impact, that kick to Hogan was better than any since the one HBK gave to Janetty just before that damn coward dove through the barbershop window to escape.

Londoner
03-16-2008, 08:18 PM
Why JBL though? he bores the fuck outta me in the ring.

Theo Dious
03-16-2008, 08:18 PM
Sorry but i wouldn't want JBL at the top, he's just not that good.

I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that. :mad:

Londoner
03-16-2008, 08:24 PM
Should i type it in CAPS just to make sure you 'hear' it?

Theo Dious
03-16-2008, 08:28 PM
No, because then I'll just put my fingers in my ears and go "la la la dee da" for a while.

El Fangel
03-16-2008, 08:37 PM
Honestly, I stopped reading when it said turn Cena heel. It seems every strategy or idea to make WWE better on here is involving turning Cena heel. If thats the only way WWE is going to get better, then we can look forward to nothing for the next decade or so.

KingofOldSchool
03-16-2008, 09:27 PM
Honestly, I stopped reading when it said turn Cena heel. It seems every strategy or idea to make WWE better on here is involving turning Cena heel. If thats the only way WWE is going to get better, then we can look forward to nothing for the next decade or so.

But turning Cena heel in this angle is only short term just to help build towards Wrestlemania next year.

El Fangel
03-16-2008, 09:37 PM
Im saying that anything you guys come up with involves Cena turning heel, something Superman has not done.

NeanderCarl
03-16-2008, 09:59 PM
http://www.gamasutra.com/galleries/visual_art/ryan_savas/ras_work1.jpg

NeanderCarl
03-16-2008, 10:00 PM
Bizarro Cena

Mr. Nerfect
03-16-2008, 10:29 PM
The idea itself is a sound one, but I don't know. I'd like to see some changes to the formula, I guess.

I think Triple H would make the better second fiddle, again. You know, Cena with the WWE Championship and Triple H with the Intercontinental Championship, not the other way round.

There needs to be some kind of justification for Cena being complacent to Triple H, and I can't find one. Cena is pretty much sure he can beat Triple H, given that he did it at WrestleMania 22. I'd like to see Triple H join with Cena, because he respects Johnny C for beating him, being as good as he is, and Triple H would rather leech on than fight against it, because he knows it is a losing battle. Vince McMahon could take John Cena under his wing as his "golden ticket," and Triple H can go back to being the happy son-in-law, being groomed to take over the business.

Eventually Triple H betrays Cena, and then asks if we really thought he was happy being replaced as the standard bearer of the WWE. He puts Cena on the shelf with a sledgehammer attack, Cena has to forfeit the WWE Championship, and Triple H wins it in a tournament heading into WrestleMania, or even in the 2009 Royal Rumble or an Elimination Chamber.

Cena then returns, looking for blood, maybe revealing that he was banging Stephanie behind Triple H's back during the whole Two Man Power Trip II thing, and adding fuel to their personal fire. Vince sides with Triple H, because he is grooming Triple H to take over, and Cena embarrasses his little girl. FU to Vince a few times, maybe an FU to Stephanie, and an STFU at WrestleMania to take the WWE Title.

I don't know, it wouldn't be my preferred angle or anything, but I think it could maybe work.

KingofOldSchool
03-16-2008, 11:55 PM
Cena and Triple H make a secret pact before Wrestlemania 24 saying that either Hunter or Cena will walk out of Mania the WWE Champion. And whoever that person is, they agree to back the other up.

Remember, the original Two Man Power Trip basically saw Triple H playing second fiddle to Austin. So I think this time Triple H should be the main guy while Cena is going along with it.

The fact is with an angle like this, the best result is to see the guy who isn't the WWE Champion turning babyface at the end of the angle heading into the big one-on-one showdown at Wrestlemania 25.

They can build Cena up as someone for once in his career made a crucial mistake. Cena would tell everyone that he was desperate and made an irrational decision by joining forces with Triple H. And that he was scared for the first time in his life when he suffered that arm injury, because he feared all that he worked for went down the tube. So he made a pact with the devil out of fear for losing the life he loved.

It would show a more human side of Cena, one that actually made a mistake and can man up and realize that he wronged himself and the fans who gave a damn about Cena. Afterall, even Superman has made one mistake in his life.

Mr. Nerfect
03-17-2008, 12:18 AM
I get where you're coming from with the whole Triple H should be the main guy this time around, and it does set up for Cena to take the title, but I don't know. You've done a good job of explaining it, but I still don't see Cena agreeing to let Triple H be WWE Champion while he just watches. I think The Game is actually the more likely one to agree to just be in cahoots with the WWE Champion.

Besides, even though Superman makes mistake, I doubt the WWE will ever have John Cena make one. You know, seeing as how we're meant to accept him as perfect and all. Cena doesn't even have a kryptonite.

DaVe
03-17-2008, 03:54 AM
This is one way to fix the Raw Wrestlemania main event result.

Xerzes
03-17-2008, 04:05 AM
Im saying that anything you guys come up with involves Cena turning heel, something Superman has not done.

http://www.superherotimes.com/news/images/ElseworldsRedSonSupermanFig.jpg

El Fangel
03-17-2008, 05:44 AM
Show me a heel superman, with this across his chest.

http://www.supermantv.net/superman/moviewallpaper/newmovie/superman_symbol.jpg

Mr. Nerfect
03-17-2008, 07:49 AM
If Cena turns heel, I demand a Superman-style "C" as his logo in the fashion Fallen Angel posted above.

Or for him to start waving the red flag. :shifty:

Pardeep 619
03-17-2008, 03:36 PM
Besides, even though Superman makes mistake, I doubt the WWE will ever have John Cena make one. You know, seeing as how we're meant to accept him as perfect and all. Cena doesn't even have a kryptonite.

Hiptoss = Kryptonite

Londoner
03-17-2008, 05:15 PM
Hiptoss = Kryptonite

lol

Boondock Saint
03-17-2008, 07:17 PM
I like it.

James Steele
03-17-2008, 11:22 PM
After the Cena/Orton vs RAW roster thing, a Orton/Cena team could be interesting.