PDA

View Full Version : So...

GD
03-19-2008, 01:58 PM
...are you happy with the wwe booking style? WWE is more focused on making money and it's appeal to the mass is gradually decreasing as the years progress. They have made a corporate structure like the wcw. Surviving on its past legacy, wwe has great marketing skills like selling merchandise, past dvds, making movies and what not.

BigDaddyCool
03-19-2008, 02:00 PM
What was the question?

I think their booking is better than it was. From the rumor mill it seems like Shane, Steph and HHH are trying to take control away from Vince and are at least trying to get more wrestling and less toliet humor in the programming.

Loose Cannon
03-19-2008, 02:04 PM
yea, their marketing and dvd's are excellent.

thier program is terrible. these days, they are not really trying to write wrestling anymore. Thier storylines are very simple and there's really no thought behind them. the complex and 5 month storyline days are dead right now.

Loose Cannon
03-19-2008, 02:06 PM
What was the question?

I think their booking is better than it was. From the rumor mill it seems like Shane, Steph and HHH are trying to take control away from Vince and are at least trying to get more wrestling and less toliet humor in the programming.

better then it was? was when?

Dave Youell
03-20-2008, 08:51 AM
yea, their marketing and dvd's are excellent.

thier program is terrible. these days, they are not really trying to write wrestling anymore. Thier storylines are very simple and there's really no thought behind them. the complex and 5 month storyline days are dead right now.

Eddie and Rey feuded for over half a year

Matt Hardy and MVP went for a long time before the injury

Loose Cannon
03-20-2008, 09:20 AM
Dave, Eddie/Rey was like 3 years ago. I was talking about recently.

so that leaves one mid card feud that will be forgettable in a few years anyway. face it, the writing sucks

Dave Youell
03-20-2008, 09:26 AM
Dave, Eddie/Rey was like 3 years ago. I was talking about recently.

so that leaves one mid card feud that will be forgettable in a few years anyway. face it, the writing sucks

Granted, just feeling perdantic, sorry.

BigDaddyCool
03-20-2008, 10:08 AM
better then it was? was when?

It seems like there is getting to be progressively less Vince McMahon every show for a while now. Which is why i was saying it was better than this time last year.

Destor
03-20-2008, 02:31 PM
http://tf2.digitaljedi.com/midgetfaceslide.gif

James Steele
03-20-2008, 03:41 PM
How the fuck do you slide on your face?

Xero
03-20-2008, 04:47 PM
Midgets have powers. Mysterious powers.

The only way to destroy them, in fact, is to say "Midget" backwards.

BigDaddyCool
03-20-2008, 04:50 PM
Tegdim?

Anybody Thrilla
03-20-2008, 05:27 PM
I would like to see some more detailed, elongated feuds, but at the same time, it seems that the quality of matches is at, dare I say, an all-time high. I'm enjoying a lot of ring work (save the Mark Henrys and Great Khalis of the world). Matches that have no back story are still fun to watch from a wrestling standpoint.

Afterlife
03-20-2008, 07:18 PM
I totally agree. The strange thing, is that most of the superior ringwork has been on ECW -- the show that ppl say they never watch, because it sucks. In fact, ECW is like the WWE Fan's WWE. You ever notice that the people who don't watch wrestling are the ppl who call it "fake"? Seems the same type of thing with wrestling fans who don't watch ECW and then disparage it.

Jordan
03-20-2008, 07:22 PM
Ummm are you serious? The Triple H/Orton/Cena feud has been going on since Summerslam. The Undertaker vs Edge has been going on since December. Ric Flair's program has been going on for around 3 or 4 months... Dude your wrong.

The Optimist
03-20-2008, 11:37 PM
Ummm are you serious? The Triple H/Orton/Cena feud has been going on since Summerslam. The Undertaker vs Edge has been going on since December. Ric Flair's program has been going on for around 3 or 4 months... Dude your wrong.They've been going on in the way that they haven't found anyone else to be in the main event. It's less on-going and more lingering. Like a rash.

The Optimist
03-20-2008, 11:43 PM
First off, marketing strategy and booking strategy are different. They're involved with each other slightly, but exist seperately. Their booking strategy isn't uniform, so it's hard to define it, but in general it sucks. I think the Jeff Hardy fued before dissappointment at the Royal Rumble was the first main event fued I enjoyed in years on either side of the brand split. And again, the MVP/Matt Hardy fued was the longest in years, even if it wasn't spectacular at times it was the best in quite a while.

Afterlife
03-21-2008, 01:44 AM
I think it's been so long since Vince has seen anything like the Orton/Hardy explosion...I imagine he didn't know what to do.

Mr. Nerfect
03-21-2008, 07:11 AM
http://tf2.digitaljedi.com/midgetfaceslide.gif

I've learned from this video that midgets like the colour yellow. Or they get a face slidin'.