PDA

View Full Version : News and Rumors of the Past

JT
03-30-2008, 01:45 AM
(Old TPWW N&R report from 1999)

News and Rumors
Friday, November 26, 1999

By BIG Ry

Hey people, BIG Ry back again with another edition of the People's News and Rumors. First off, I hope that all of you had a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving holiday. As we gear up for the holiday season, we here at TPWW.net have all your wrestling needs covered... So without further procrastination, let's begin the N & R.

WWF Smackdown Smackdown was a decent show last night with some interesting twists and turns in the World Wrestling Federation's current angles... First off, we saw the continuation of the Bossman/Big Show feud that is now over the WWF title, the Chyna/Chris Jericho feud over the WWF IC title, the McMahon/DX feud, and the Kane/Viscera feud. We also saw tension between Al Snow and Mankind, the Rock N' Sock connection back together in action, D Generation X was back at it again by tempting a group of homeless people with Thanksgiving dinner, the Hardys being robbed of Tag gold, and a huge food fight between WWF stars as the show went off the air.

Coming off their match against the Super Heavyweights, The Rock and Mankind better known as the Rock N' Sock Connection have become number one contendors for the tag titles, much to the objection of Al Snow, who despises Rocky. I'm guessing that an Outlaws/Rock N' Sock tag title match would happen at Armageddon, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Al Snow cost Mick and Rock the match, which might just start a Snow/Mankind feud.

Another interesting item coming out of Smackdown last night was definitely the Gravy Bowl match or what ever it was called. Jacqueline defeated Ivory with a DDT in the gravy (Now wouldn't that make Jacky the new WWF Women's Champ? I guess not), and Ivory has seemingly started a rivalry with that buxom EMT girl, which could lead into something interesting.

Last night provided two of the best interviews/skits that the WWF has put on in the last couple of months in my opinion... First you have the Rock's promo with the pies, which in my opinion was one of the best Rock interviews in the last 5 months. Then you had the DX skit with the group of homeless people, which was pure hilarity in my opinion, as Hunter, X Pac, and the Outlaws provided a classic DX moment.

It seems that the Stone Cold Steve Austin injury has been reported to the main stream media in the form of the New York Post and the Associated Press... It looks like the diagnosis of Austin's injury is a bone spur that has put Austin in severe pain. It seems that there are two possibilities... One being surgery that would only put Austin out for a couple of months and would put him out of pain, while the other would be Steve not opting for surgery which could lead into retirement. Hopefully, Steve would opt for the surgery because I for one could never imagine Austin retiring from the wrestling ring in his mid 30s.

Speaking of retirement, there is a rumor circulating concerning Mick Foley and a possible retirement in the near future. It seems that the National Post out of Toronto reports that Mick may be planning on retiring in January. Add in that he would announce the retirement on an upcoming Raw, quite possibly Monday's. Now if the WWF lost Mankind and Steve Austin, it would be a huge blow to the company.

Trish Stratus In some good news for WWF fans, Trish Stratus, a fitness model has announced on her website, www.TrishStratus.com, that she has signed a multi year deal with the World Wrestling Federation. Well, I have to say that this is great news for the WWF, since they have been in need for more women to fill in the sex appeal void that has been missing lately, and Trish fills that void very nicely.

The WWF's war with L. Brent Bozell III and the PTC continues, as you can watch Vince McMahon urge WWF fans to support the famous wresting organization by writing to WWF advertisers and thanking them for their support. You can view this message with your windows Media Player by clicking HERE. Personally, my view on this situation is that a group of people, who think that they could control the television airwaves, just don't get it.

Monday marks the big day for all you WWF fans looking forward to the Wedding of Stephanie McMahon and Andrew "Test" Martin. To be honest, I was never a huge fan of this angle due to the bad acting on Steph's behalf, but it should be very interesting to see what transpires in the Staples Center on Monday night on a show that is being dubbed as "RAW is Love."

Here's what I'm expecting the Armageddon PPV to look like...
- Vince McMahon vs. Triple H
- The Big Show vs. The Big Bossman for the WWF title
- Chyna vs. Chris Jericho for the WWF Intercontinental title
- New Age Outlaws vs. The Rock N' Sock Connection for the WWF Tag Titles
- Viscera vs. Kane
- X-Pac vs. Matt or Jeff Hardy
- Too Cool and Fatu vs. The Mean Street Posse
- I also expect to see The Undertaker, Kurt Angle, the Bulldog, Val Venis, and D'Lo Brown also involved with this PPV some way shape or form.

In some WCW news for today, which is very few and far between... Al Isaacs reports that we may see a break up of some sorts between Madusa and Evan Karagias. Now, this would all be centered on Evan's cruiserweight title and I wouldn't be surprised to see Madusa win the title, which would be quite sad, as the WCW cruiserweight division used to be one of the most exciting divisions in wrestling and would be turned into a complete joke.

It seems that Scotty Riggs may not be gone from WCW all together as there are rumors that he was just renegotiating his contract. Good to hear, as Riggs has a nice look and if Russo and Ferrera find the right gimmick for him, he could be very successful.

ECW returns to the ECW Arena tomorrow night in what is sure to be a huge show... Should be interesting to see what transpires, and we'll have all the details right here on TPWW.

Reminder to all you ECW fans... ECW on TNN airs tonight and it should be a good show... New Jack will face Angel in Subway Street fight, and I expect that ECW will continue their biggest angle of '99, the Raven/Dreamer/Sandman vs. the Impact Players feud.

Well, that does it for today's post Thanksgiving edition of the N & R... So until next time, ciao people.

BIG Ry
BIGRY214@aol.com

Lock Jaw
03-30-2008, 01:51 AM
I have big hopes for Scotty Riggs. I'm sure they'll find the right gimmick for him.

JT
03-30-2008, 01:57 AM
Who's this Trish Stratus? I bet she's just eye candy. I say the WWF should be looking more for someone to become the Women's Champion and carry the division for the next 6-7 years.

JT
03-30-2008, 01:59 AM
lol, the Superheavyweights....

I loved that tag team, but what was up with the gimmick. Never quite got the point why they were pretending to be superheavyweights.