PDA

View Full Version : Minor League Baseball..

Kris P Lettus
04-03-2008, 03:38 PM
Yeah, so like 3 years ago they built a brand new ball park in a suburb.. It's super nice.. They even sell Guinness on tap..

Anyway, we have the ATL Braves minor league team, the M-Braves.. Their season opens tonight and I might go..

http://www.mississippibraves.com/

So is there minor league play around where you live?? How nice is your park?? Is your team good??

Discuss..

Kris P Lettus
04-03-2008, 03:45 PM
WOOOOOOOO

"Thirsty Thursday" : $1 domestic draft beer

I am there..

Loose Cannon
04-03-2008, 04:10 PM
yes, I go to about 10 Charlotte Knights games a year. yes, thirsty thurdays and $1 hot dog Tuesdays is the shit.

They are pretty good. They are a White Sox team. When the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees come to town, I try to catch a couple of those. It's cool if some of the Yankees guys are rehabbing and playing in the minors before the comeback and you see them.

FakeLaser
04-03-2008, 04:22 PM
We've got a bunch of teams around here, but I haven't been in a while. I might have to start going if they have some slammin drink specials though.

Nervous Ferret
04-03-2008, 04:49 PM
The Lakewood BlueClawsssssssssssssssssssss. Been to a few Trenton Thunder games too

BlueClaws stadium is crazy nice, (new like 5 years ago). They kinda sucked for like 3 years, and then they won the South Atlantic League and then they went back to sucking. It is AA right now, so they are constantly losing their best players and whatnot, but they went back to sucking again. Ryan Howard actually played a good year and a half there awhile back, he was 'warning track power', guess he developed a little after being promoted

FakeLaser
04-03-2008, 04:56 PM
Newark Bears and NJ Jackals at Yogi Berra stadium in the houseeeee

Skippord
04-03-2008, 05:05 PM
The SkySox play in Colorado Springs, but it's easier just to go to Rockies games

FakeLaser
04-03-2008, 05:06 PM
I'm seeing dollar draft night for Jackals. I'm in.

Kris P Lettus
04-03-2008, 09:22 PM
We went all the way out there and it starts next thursday night..

:(

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-04-2008, 01:08 PM
The Red Sox Single A team plays near me, The Lowell Spinners. The food and drink is real cheap but the stadium is mad small. Its not a bad take or anything, but since its A ball you don't see a lot of the big prospects in the Red Sox system playing or anything. The Red Sox AA and AAA teams aren't that far away from me either (AA in Maine, AAA in Rhode Island) but I've never gone to those.

RP
04-04-2008, 02:13 PM
Indianapolis Indians. The ballpark is still fairly new. Called Victory Field.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-04-2008, 06:53 PM
I can't find anything about dollar drafts at the Lowell Spinners game, shit

BCWWF
04-04-2008, 06:59 PM
In Minnesota there are the St. Paul Saints, but they are independent league so that is really pointless. I've only been to one game, probably designed more for kids.

OssMan
04-05-2008, 02:27 AM
Potomac Cannons or are they Bowie BaySox now, dunno. Maybe they moved even, yeah I think they moved. Frederick Keys, do they still exist. Keys were the old Orioles farm team. Cannons, I dunno. Eventually became the Nationals farmhand. And fucking stupid ass Tidewater Tides are the Orioles now or something and they used to be the Mets who are now is Louisiana or something

YOUR Hero
04-05-2008, 12:52 PM
Back when I lived in the Vancouver area, I'd from time to time go see the Vancouver Canadiens play at Nat Bailey stadium. Great little park. They were the AAA team for the Angels back in the day. Someone else too at one time, but I can't recall at the moment. Sadly, the Angels moved their AAA to somewhere else. I don't even know if Vancouver has a minor league ball team anymore.

YOUR Hero
04-05-2008, 12:53 PM
Ha. Just looked them up. They are an affiliate of the A's now (kinda thought so) Single A though, not their AAA club.

MVP
04-06-2008, 12:04 PM
I go to a few Portland Sea Dogs (Red Sox AA Team) during the summer. Tickets are like $8 for seats behind home plate so it's pretty sweet.

The Genius
04-09-2008, 12:18 AM
Beloit Snappers (A or AA affiliate for the Twins) they suck though from what ive heard.

MVP
04-10-2008, 05:37 PM
I remember seeing Papelbon and Pedroia play in Portland. Josh Beckett also came up through the Sea Dogs when they were affiliated with the Marlins.

Loose Cannon
04-17-2008, 10:26 PM
went to Charlotte Knights/SWB Yankees tonight. Great thing about Charlotte is about half the people down here are from the North. Lots of Yankee fans there tonight.

Saw Shelly play tonight. He sucked. The Yankees got killed 10-2 :(

$2.00 hotdogs and drinks though, so it was all good.

Kris P Lettus
04-17-2008, 11:21 PM
MBraves suck this year..

Went to one game and we got murdered..

:-\

Loose Cannon
05-13-2008, 10:56 AM
so apparently Dontrelle Willis pitched for Toldeo yesterday down here when they played the Charlotte Knights. would of liked to go to that game. He didn't do so well.