PDA

View Full Version : The Second City Edgeheads?

KingofOldSchool
04-04-2008, 05:28 PM
Colt Cabana and Ace Steel were originally supposed to be Edge's lackeys. The plan was for Ace Steel to be the serious wrestler, while Cabana was supposed to be the comedy wrestler. Edge was all for this. This didn't happen because Edge was injured during the Mardis Gras gimmick with Kane. They decided to use the Major Brothers instead and Ace Steel was fired. Credit: Gerweck.net

BigDaddyCool
04-04-2008, 05:30 PM
Sweet. But the Major Brothers do look a lot like Edge.

Indifferent Clox
04-04-2008, 05:31 PM
what the fuck!!>??!? damn damn damn damn damn

Never tell me anything like this again. I am gonna go take a shower and when I come back I hope that I've forgotten about this!

(and by take a shower I mean drink whiskey)
Damn I wish they would have done this...

Kane Knight
04-04-2008, 05:33 PM
what the fuck!!>??!? damn damn damn damn damn

Never tell me anything like this again. I am gonna go take a shower and when I come back I hope that I've forgotten about this!

(and by take a shower I mean drink whiskey)
Damn I wish they would have done this...

QUICK! HIDE THE SLEEPING PILLS!

Heros Welcome
04-04-2008, 05:36 PM
Just picturing Cabana in a Rated R singlet.

O well, would have been sweet to see Colt on TV, but I still got my fingers crossed that he becomes someone, and not the next Eugene.

Kane Knight
04-04-2008, 05:46 PM
He won't be the next Eugene. He'll be the next Black Machismo.

Kane Knight
04-04-2008, 05:47 PM
Of course, it won't go over as well with him in blackface...

IC Champion
04-04-2008, 05:53 PM
They would probably be better than the Majors.

Londoner
04-04-2008, 05:54 PM
Nah the majors are perfect for the role, i don't think i would've liked the original idea tbh.

IC Champion
04-04-2008, 05:56 PM
I think Colt Cabana is good entertainment, not a threat to be a World Champion or anything, but entertaining.

CSL
04-04-2008, 06:13 PM
Cabana is one of those guys who could go anywhere, it just depends how he's used in 'the E'. Limitless potential

Kane Knight
04-04-2008, 06:31 PM
Just like every other indie wrestler ever, evidently.

KingofOldSchool
04-04-2008, 06:45 PM
Just like every other wrestler ever, evidently.

Kane Knight
04-04-2008, 06:48 PM
That's untrue, KooS. Cena could never ever go anywhere because he sucks. It's just every indie wrestler ever.

Kane Knight
04-04-2008, 06:49 PM
And Val Venis, Doug Basham, CM Punk (OMG AN EDITED VIDEO OF Survivor Series!!), Quick...Who am I missing?

KingofOldSchool
04-04-2008, 06:51 PM
And Val Venis, Doug Basham, CM Punk (OMG AN EDITED VIDEO OF Survivor Series!!), Quick...Who am I missing?

Paul London
Chris Jericho
Paul Burchill

Kane Knight
04-04-2008, 07:18 PM
Oh, right. How could I forget Jericho?

Fox
04-04-2008, 07:59 PM
Throw Billy Kidman in there.

Danny Basham too, even if only for the epic feud he would surely have had with the main eventing World Champion Doug Basham.

Mr. Nerfect
04-04-2008, 09:53 PM

Colt Cabana more so, you have to admit it. The guy has some size, could work the WWE style (he doesn't flip around too much), and he's funny as fuck. Cabana really is the WWE's dream package in a "sports entertainer."

Not sure how I feel about Cabana & Steel being Edge's lackeys. I'm sure they would have done well in the role, but I'd then probably like Edge too much to tolerate his crappy program with The Undertaker. At least the WWE seem to think that Cabana is talented enough to hang around main event guys.

Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins are pretty good, though. They're still a little green, but this is great work experience for them. Ace Steel getting fired was the best thing that ever happened to them. Curt Hawkins is a damn good bumper, too, I've noticed. Best of luck to them.

CSL
04-05-2008, 01:54 AM

Ah yes, but I personally never say it about anybody. Therefore you may take it as gospel :)

CSL
04-05-2008, 01:55 AM
Cabana really is the WWE's dream package in a "sports entertainer."

4realz

Mr. JL
04-05-2008, 02:33 AM
I've never found Cabana funny.....

Mr. JL
04-05-2008, 02:33 AM
or entertaining

Mr. JL
04-05-2008, 02:42 AM
or good at wrestling

Mr. Nerfect
04-05-2008, 03:09 AM
And Xero is jealous that Santino Marella is funnier than him. Doesn't make it correct.

To each their own, but I think general consensus seems to be that Cabana is the right kind of guy to make it in the WWE.

The Optimist
04-05-2008, 04:46 AM
I don't know. Either way, really. I really don't care for the name Edgeheads, or the phrase "Rated Rmy" or whatever. To be honest, I'd immediately be interested in Ace Steel and Colt Cabana, whereas I didn't really realize it was the Major Brothers when they debuted the gimmick.

I'd like to see them pushed more, whoever they are. They're in the old Team Angle situation, but they haven't done much to set themselves apart yet.

Kane Knight
04-05-2008, 07:49 AM
I've never found Cabana funny.....

or entertaining

or good at wrestling

But you have to admit it!

Theo Dious
04-05-2008, 09:19 AM
Hawkins and Ryder wer the far superior choice. Why? Because nobody gave much of a shit about them. You put Cabana and Steel in as Edge's lackeys, and five minutes later all of their drooling fans start to complain about how they're being wasted, how they should be feuding for the WHC, ect, etc. At least Hawkins and Ryder get nothing but a rub from Edge, and it helps them polish their overall ability while they folloe him around.

Destor
04-05-2008, 09:31 AM
i don't think anoyone wants a world title run for Cabanna.

thedamndest
04-05-2008, 10:26 AM
I still have no idea which one is Ryder and which one is Hawkins. Even last night when one of them wrestled Festus I thought I would get it settled once and for all, but no. Because when they did their interview they both talked, so it was like WTF, which one are you? And I never had that problem with the Headshrinkers. Maybe I'm getting older.

Kane Knight
04-05-2008, 01:48 PM
i don't think anoyone wants a world title run for Cabanna.

Cabana really is the WWE's dream package in a "sports entertainer."

I'm sure that 'Noid's aspirations for WWE's "Dream Package" were Velocity and maybe one day ECW.

Destor
04-05-2008, 02:22 PM
Cabanna is the WWe's dream package in a sports entertainer. thats not an incorrect statement. I don't knwo how much Cabanna you've seen but they guy is exactly what they want from a comedy charecter, and I think that exactly what Noid meant.

ron the dial
04-05-2008, 02:25 PM
colt cabana is amazing. that's all i wanted to add. need to get in my dose of former indie wrestler dick suckage.

Mr. Nerfect
04-05-2008, 08:00 PM
Yeah, thanks for not being stupid, Destor.

Also, I'm fairly certain Cabana is going to get above Velocity, seeing as it isn't around anymore. I at least expect some Tag Team Title runs for the guy, and probably some IC or US Title wins.

Destor
04-05-2008, 08:02 PM
Yeah, thanks for not being stupid, Destor.

Also, I'm fairly certain Cabana is going to get above Velocity, seeing as it isn't around anymore. I at least expect some Tag Team Title runs for the guy, and probably some IC or US Title wins.
Thats my expectations more or less. A mid card title run on SD! if he's fortunate but definatly a Tag Title run if he gets the call. He's ideal for them to put him with a bland powerhouse baby face, and just let them ride it to the moon.

Destor
04-05-2008, 08:03 PM
...or until the wheels fall of...

Mr. Nerfect
04-05-2008, 08:09 PM
I want to see a feud between William Regal and Cabana. They can both work the European style, and it would just be hilarity.

ron the dial
04-05-2008, 08:10 PM
the facial expressions in that match alone.

Destor
04-05-2008, 09:12 PM
lol