PDA

View Full Version : Is Samoa Joe making the right decision?

Jeritron
04-05-2008, 02:31 PM
So he's gonna get the world title at Lockdown and that must mean he's renewed his contract and is staying in TNA

Should he have said no thanks and tried his luck with WWE?

discuss

McLegend
04-05-2008, 02:38 PM
If hes getting more money from TNA, then yes he made the right decision.

Jeritron
04-05-2008, 02:39 PM
Is that possible?

McLegend
04-05-2008, 02:40 PM
Yes

Fabien Barthez
04-05-2008, 02:44 PM
Was WWE a realistic option for him? Was there intrest?

I think he would get buried in the mid-card after the hype of his entrance. I doubt Vince would offer him what Dixie pays him, regardless of what it is. Vince doesn't need Joe IMO.

Jeritron
04-05-2008, 02:44 PM
Okay fuck this thread. I'm changing the topic. What does this dude make? And how much does Angle make compared to WWE?

McLegend
04-05-2008, 02:45 PM
Was WWE a realistic option for him? Was there intrest?

I think he would get buried in the mid-card after the hype of his entrance. I doubt Vince would offer him what Dixie pays him, regardless of what it is. Vince doesn't need Joe IMO.

Yeah this is pretty much it.

weather vane
04-05-2008, 02:46 PM
Joe could be HUGE in WWE. The question is would Vince let him become huge?

Fabien Barthez
04-05-2008, 02:53 PM
Okay fuck this thread. I'm changing the topic. What does this dude make? And how much does Angle make compared to WWE?

Angle probably makes about the same. He was brought in to a big deal to be the face of the company, and work along side Dixie. Joe, I dunno really. Id guess about that of a mid-carder in WWE. And thats going to be due to his experiance and draw value. Id bet that Christian, Scott Steiner and Sting all made/ are making more than Joe. About $650k? Anybody KNOW any figures, save me making it up. Haha!

Londoner
04-05-2008, 03:10 PM

The answer is: No.

Azriel
04-05-2008, 03:27 PM
You do release that the whole contract thing was probably just a really lame storyline?

Fabien Barthez
04-05-2008, 03:38 PM
Well, he IS the face of the company...

Hanso Amore
04-05-2008, 04:33 PM
Joe makes more only because he is making top TNA dollar vice Bottom WWE dollar.

No Way that fat fuck ever would get over in th WWE.

They already have one fat samoan, Joe would just confuse people. Plus they would change his name to some stupid shit.

Destor
04-05-2008, 04:34 PM
QFT

Londoner
04-05-2008, 04:37 PM
Joe makes more only because he is making top TNA dollar vice Bottom WWE dollar.

No Way that fat fuck ever would get over in th WWE.

They already have one fat samoan, Joe would just confuse people. Plus they would change his name to some stupid shit.

His name would be Some stupid shit, eh? Whered you get that from?:shifty:

Destor
04-05-2008, 04:37 PM
Triple S

Mr. Nerfect
04-05-2008, 05:17 PM
I think that Samoa Joe is making the right choice. TNA, believe it or not, doesn't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon. While it's also not going to overtake the WWE anytime soon, they're going to need their stars to pay and push to the moon. That seems to be Samoa Joe right now.

St. Jimmy
04-05-2008, 05:22 PM
Joe is already huge. He can't afford to get any bigger without chancing a coronary.

Also, He should win the belt and retire immediately, since this will be the pinnacle of his career. Meanwhile CM Punk is going to win the WWE Title. Good shit.

Mr. Nerfect
04-05-2008, 07:57 PM
Joe is already huge. He can't afford to get any bigger without chancing a coronary.

Also, He should win the belt and retire immediately, since this will be the pinnacle of his career. Meanwhile CM Punk is going to win the WWE Title. Good shit.

The funny thing is, Samoa Joe winning the WWE Title some point in his career is something that I wouldn't bet against.

Hanso Amore
04-05-2008, 09:07 PM
The funny thing is, Samoa Joe winning the WWE Title some point in his career is something that I wouldn't bet against.

Joe isnt even the best TNA has to offer. He will never make it in the WWE. They like them to have good looks. Joe looks like a Samoan Chris Penn.

The only reason Punk has made it to mid level WWE status is he has a unique look and a marketable gimmick in todays market.

Joe is a fat guy, who we are suppose to believe is a bad ass even though he has bitch tits. he is Will Sasso

Mr. Nerfect
04-05-2008, 09:56 PM
Joe isnt even the best TNA has to offer. He will never make it in the WWE. They like them to have good looks. Joe looks like a Samoan Chris Penn.

The only reason Punk has made it to mid level WWE status is he has a unique look and a marketable gimmick in todays market.

Joe is a fat guy, who we are suppose to believe is a bad ass even though he has bitch tits. he is Will Sasso

Joe actually has a very marketable image. He's a fat guy who doesn't do what you'd expect a fat guy to. If he didn't have anything going for him, he'd have flopped as ROH Champion like Xavier did. Joe has something going for him, and like it or not, you just have to accept it.

I think the only thing that would hold Joe back in the WWE, is the "Tazz factor." You get a guy who looked like a machine in another promotion, take him from that environment, and while they could theoretically work, they just don't. Joe could still do what he does in the WWE, but whether or not the WWE lets him, or if they claim he is "too small to be big" by WWE standards, then he might get lost in the shuffle and watered down.

Good Ol JG
04-05-2008, 10:19 PM
I think Joe should stay in TNA at least for the time being. If he's able to get a good title run and really put himself over as a great talent, WWE may want him in the future and might be willing to pay him more than TNA would. But for now they wouldn't do much with him, so I say stay put.

Hanso Amore
04-05-2008, 11:06 PM
being marketable for ROH is one thing, but to a non smark ROH mark, he is crap. Look at jamie knoble. great in ROH, crap in WWE, finally he is getting over due to being pushed down smack down fans throats due to a weak roster.

Destor
04-05-2008, 11:07 PM
Wait...no smark RoH mark? They have those?

Tommy Gunn
04-06-2008, 07:53 AM
Could Jamie getting over have anything to do with him improving tonnes in technical ability over the last few years? I think so. Chuck Palumbo on the other hand is dead weight on the roster.

Back on topic, Somoa Joe should stick with TNA, there's no way he'd ever get higher up the card than YOUMANGA!

St. Jimmy
04-06-2008, 07:56 AM
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00098/chris_penn1_98683a.jpg

I expect a Xero Limit photoshop job on this. Post Haste.

Impact!
04-06-2008, 08:26 AM
Chuck Palumbo on the other hand is dead weight on the roster.

Clearly you have grasp on reality

Hanso Amore
04-06-2008, 09:22 AM
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00098/chris_penn1_98683a.jpg

I expect a Xero Limit photoshop job on this. Post Haste.

I knew I wasnt the only one who saw that!

BigDaddyCool
04-06-2008, 11:32 AM
Joe sucks.

Destor
04-06-2008, 11:34 AM
Who shot Nice Guy Joe?

BigDaddyCool
04-06-2008, 11:35 AM
Joe would be laughed out of town when he is put up against Umanga.

James Steele
04-06-2008, 11:48 AM
Being over in RoH is not equal to being over in WWE. RoH has to live off of shoot tapes.

The Optimist
04-06-2008, 02:13 PM
He wouldn't be nearly as successful in Vinceworld. I don't know if signing an exclusive agreement with TNA is totally a great idea either, but whatever.

Fabien Barthez
04-06-2008, 02:20 PM
He wouldn't be nearly as successful in Vinceworld. I don't know if signing an exclusive agreement with TNA is totally a great idea either, but whatever.

Im sure his contract makes him more money than he'd earn in his previous situation.

The Optimist
04-06-2008, 02:37 PM
I'm sure the Titanic had some pretty comfortable seats, too.

Fabien Barthez
04-06-2008, 02:46 PM
I'm just saying, why would he want to lose money to work extra dates in a smaller promotion?

Destor
04-06-2008, 02:49 PM
When TNA first started making guys sign contracts a lot of guys refused because that would mean they would be makingless to work exclusively for them...pretty much why Joe threw a fit for a new contract...

The Optimist
04-06-2008, 03:03 PM
Basically that. ^

If he's under an exclusive contract with TNA, he's got to work whenever they tell him to, and probably can't work for other smaller places. Why this is a problem, is because TNA is full of dicks alledgedly and could make him a workhorse if they really wanted to in addition to just generally being shitty bosses.