PDA

View Full Version : Undertaker vs Kane on Smackdown

jerichoholicninja
04-07-2008, 08:51 PM
I DVR Smackdown every week and erase it a few weeks later without watching it. I actually watched it this week because I am a huge fan of Kane. For those of you who have seen it, was it not the most umcomfortable match you've ever seen. I guess they were trying to play it as Kane and Undertaker didn't want to hurt each other until about half way through, but doesn't that make their characters seem really week. Undertaker is the phenom, the dead man and now he cares about his brother? Kane is the evil demon beast from the fire and brimstone and now he doesn't want to hurt his brother? Not to mention how coach and cole wouldn't shut up about it. I guess they are trying to start a Kane/UT and Chavo/Edge fued, but i think both of their characters lost a lot of their special feel by showing they have feelings in this match. Especially when they havn't had any problems beating each other before. I mean the Undertaker tried to kill Kane when they were kids!!!

#BROKEN Hasney
04-07-2008, 09:07 PM
Zombie Blood is thicker than the average WWE fan

HeartBreakMan2k
04-07-2008, 10:06 PM
That's pretty fuckin dense.

Lux
04-07-2008, 10:49 PM
I read some of it, this guy is an idiot

Mr. Nerfect
04-07-2008, 11:09 PM
I understand where he is coming from. I personally liked that these two didn't go all-out, though. Given their histories, these two (in kayfabe) can get very competitive, and if they turned up the heat against each other, then the issues in their storied past could come up. I saw them going a little slow as a way of saying "Hey, let's not kill each other again."

When the match was cut off by Edge, Chavo, Ryder & Hawkins, I felt it was about to kick into gear. It was great build, I thought. I legitimately marked out for the match, just because it made Kane look equal to The Undertaker, which in turn made the ECW Championship look equal to the World Heavyweight Championship.

jerichoholicninja
04-07-2008, 11:15 PM
I completely get why the match went the way it did, but doesn't that go against both their characters? Especially the Undertaker.

Afterlife
04-07-2008, 11:15 PM
If you watch the way Taker and Kane handled the situation, you can see it's not about "not hurting each other". It was about making both faces look smart and powerful, making both champions look like top contenders, and alotting the subliminal message that they both knew -- as well as the crowd --that there was a dostinct probability of a Rated Rmuy run-in. Why drain your energy and wear yourself down knowing that you're probably going to be jumped?

Indifferent Clox
04-07-2008, 11:25 PM
I thought it was a great match, really old school style.

JT
04-07-2008, 11:27 PM
I read some of it, this guy is a troll