PDA

View Full Version : Idea for a Character: 8-Bit Superfan

TerranRich
04-11-2008, 01:08 AM
Hear me out. I was just thinking and I had this idea for a wrestling gimmick. It's a guy that is very much into old-school video games and whatnot. His theme song could be 8-bit songs, like old Nintendo game soundtracks were. Do you guys think this kind of gimmick would work?

Here's an example of what his theme could be: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1WWpKEPdT4

:naughty:

FourFifty
04-11-2008, 01:11 AM
...........YOU DID NOT JUST FUCKING RICK ROLL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Nerfect
04-11-2008, 01:13 AM
Shelton Benjamin is a bit of a video game fan, apparently. The next time they give him a theme, I wouldn't mind it if they sort of gave him a quasi-8-bit theme. I'm not sure if a guy who loves 8-bit games is going to get over well.

Unless, of course, they had him review the next SmackDown! vs. RAW game, and claim that is sucks because of the updated graphics and not enough focus on gameplay. But anyone could really do that.

Santino Marella jumping on his opponent's heads as a finishing move could be interesting, though.

Xero
04-11-2008, 01:23 AM
They seriously need to do a Rick Roll gimmick. Like Hassaning, but his ENTIRE gimmick is ONLY his tron playing randomly during matches, the lights go all rave-like and he comes out and dances with glow sticks.

In fact, this should be Dick Johnson's new gimmick. They can call it Dick Rolling.

Blitz
04-11-2008, 01:28 AM
Player Uno.

thecc
04-11-2008, 01:58 AM
Player Uno.<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qp5mUrIbZ_Q&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qp5mUrIbZ_Q&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

The Mackem
04-11-2008, 02:12 AM
LOL

Dorkchop
04-11-2008, 02:12 AM
I was going to say Player Uno, but looks like 2 people already beat me to it.

He's from Ottawa (where I live). I expected him to look a lot more Nintendoey. He's pretty fun.

A couple of people I know are friends with him, but I've never met him. Not that this is important or anything. I'm just killing time.

TerranRich
04-11-2008, 02:40 AM
Heh yeah, it was half me trying to RickRoll TPWW, and half being serious. But I guess Player Uno beat us all to it.

That Rick Roll idea does sound pretty neat, Xero. But in the spirit of Rick Rolling, it would have to be a trick of some sort. Like maybe somebody's cutting a promo, and all of a sudden a new wrestler runs down the aisle, into the ring, grabs a mic, and tells him to stop, that there's something important he has to say. A long pause... then, NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP, NEVER LET YOU DOOOOWWWN, as he starts dancing.

A true mark-out moment for sure. :lol: Somehow I picture Shelton Benjamin as the guy being Rick Roll'd.

Mr. Nerfect
04-11-2008, 04:53 AM
Player Uno is fantastic. That's all I'm going to say. The WWE needs to sign that man if they ever decide to do another cruiserweight division, and give him the exact same gimmick.

Also, Shelton Benjamin would be great for constantly being Rick Rolled.

Dorkchop
04-11-2008, 12:02 PM
Player Uno is fantastic. That's all I'm going to say. The WWE needs to sign that man if they ever decide to do another cruiserweight division, and give him the exact same gimmick.

He'd have to bulk up A LOT for WWE.

I'm sure it's due to money, but I'd love to see him have cooler attire. There's so much potential.

TerranRich
04-11-2008, 12:18 PM
Much like Michael Myers wore a Captain Kirk mask, Player Uno should wear a Super Mario mask.

Evolution
04-11-2008, 03:30 PM
Rick Roll - Potential.

Player Uno - HILARIOUS! The Mrs. isn't a wrestling fan and found that funny.

Gertner
04-11-2008, 04:20 PM
son of a bitch did i ever fall for that

TerranRich
04-12-2008, 02:46 AM
Heh. ;) It wasn't even going to be a Rick Roll on you guys, but that I found it on a search for "8-bit version" songs on YouTube, and I couldn't help myself.

Hanso Amore
04-12-2008, 07:16 AM
WHo and what is Player Uno? Tell me of this man.

thedamndest
04-12-2008, 02:33 PM
Kinda surprised there is no stable of geeks hailing from "The Internet" sorta like the RTC.

Blitz
04-12-2008, 02:35 PM
I used to know a guy who wrestled on the independents as "The Hacker". He hit people with his keyboard.

Unfortunately he is gone from the business now :'(

thedamndest
04-12-2008, 02:38 PM
The IWC guy's finisher could be to read the match spoilers to the crowd and then get the pin.

Hanso Amore
04-12-2008, 05:08 PM
The IWC guy's finisher could be to read the match spoilers to the crowd and then get the pin.

That would actually work in Chikara.

I would laugh my ass off.

He is about to get pinned, yells wait, pulls out a laptop, shows the guy he is wrestling, the guy is like, Oh Whoops and lays down.

TerranRich
04-13-2008, 03:24 PM
And IWC Guy's promos could consist of bitching about current storyline out-of-kayfabe and complaining about backstage politics. :p

Mr. Nerfect
04-15-2008, 03:46 AM
I used to know a guy who wrestled on the independents as "The Hacker". He hit people with his keyboard.

Unfortunately he is gone from the business now :'(

Didn't his finishing move used to be the Control, Alt, Delete? If so, awesome.

Mr. Nerfect
04-15-2008, 03:48 AM
WHo and what is Player Uno? Tell me of this man.

Check out the video someone posted of him.

Blitz
04-15-2008, 03:56 AM
Didn't his finishing move used to be the Control, Alt, Delete? If so, awesome.
Might have been another worker doing the gimmick. The guy I knew, called his finisher the Firewall.

Mr. Nerfect
04-15-2008, 04:24 AM
Might have been another worker doing the gimmick. The guy I knew, called his finisher the Firewall.

Haha, both are awesome.