PDA

View Full Version : Way to drop the ball on Taker's return.

Big Fat Mike
03-15-2004, 12:21 AM
Everything was fine until he walks down the ramp with a 10 gallon hat and a goddamn suede trenchcoat. Cover him in dirt, give him some hair extensions....anything but biker taker with a serious case of relapse. Christ, this is the second time they did this. Look, Im glad hes back.,.....but to sqash kane like that and not make taker look , and I mean really LOOK like a true monster was a big ****ing waste. Now Kane might as well be on velocity, and taker can go try out for a part in a John wayne movie remake.

Btw, you knew the match was going to suck balls, you were just hoping to see the dead man look truly ....dead.

Dazz
03-15-2004, 12:23 AM
BUT, your forgetting, that it wasnt anything out of the ordinary, the Druids is something he has done before, and Paul Bearer is the man, I liked his enterance, they didn't try to over do it.

And he did the top rope walk and Tombstone, so I was happy.

CBright7831
03-15-2004, 12:26 AM
Kane is ****ed. No one takes him seriously. And now, he can add losing to a gay cowboy to his resume

Big Fat Mike
03-15-2004, 12:27 AM
I dont know, I Kind of want to see where they go with the story on this. I was expecting this to be the start of some " War" storyline...and it just turned out to be a squash - so far. This is going to take a damn good interview to explain. Or taker can retire, whatever. Just make it worthwhile.

Corkscrewed
03-15-2004, 12:33 AM
I'm mainly just disappointed with the costume. At least give him the armor trenchcoat and the non-Chuck Norris hat.

Big Fat Mike
03-15-2004, 12:37 AM
the costume is what bothered me. Might as well have put paul bearer on the bike and dragged a casket down with taker in it. Or better yet , But taker in a friggin suit. REAL creative.

faust34
03-15-2004, 12:42 AM
When he first came back I was like damn, It's the Tim Mcgraw version of the undertaker and it doesn't work. What a waste of a build up.

Corkscrewed
Of course, it could have been worse. I mean, my brother and I came up with a thousand absurd scenarios (much like the "Spike Dudley pops out of the casket" and "UT comes out on the bike like normal" scenarios posted before). William Hung pops out. Taker bikes in, turns around, bikes out. Hulk Hogan comes out. Ultimate Warrior comes out...

Pegasus Crawford
I liked the rendition of the Graveyard Symphony that Taker came out to. :y:

The Diva
03-15-2004, 12:44 AM
So I'm not the only one that noticed that eh? My brother was like "... maybe they're going for a he was buried in this kind of thing" I was like... he was also buried with a tan and his symbol magically appeared on the side of his pants, the same magic removing all dirt from him? Disappointing as hell, and the match itself was about nine minutes... nine minutes, the entrances were longer than that. Though I'd like to know what island he went to on vacation because that tan is sweet.

Dazz
03-15-2004, 01:00 AM
I know they said that the dead will rise, but they didn't mean he was literally going to rise from whatever arena he was buried at, leave the dirt on his face, and show up at Mania.

The Naitch
03-15-2004, 01:04 AM
William Hung popping out in a Taker costume would've been the bomb

And yes, I was dissapointed in the costume. It was like Biker Taker just put on a cowboy hat then decided to call it a day. Yeah, and the "Deadman" looked like he just came back from Miami Beach...seeing as how he was nicely tanned and all. I wonder if the Deadman went banana boating?

John la Rock
03-15-2004, 01:22 AM
They did not drop the ball. It was awesome :y:

faust34
03-15-2004, 01:30 AM
I am not sure, I will have to watch the re-wind, but the crowd seemed pretty quiet during this one, as if they felt they wanted the real old school undertaker. I dunno it seemed like a catch 22 situation, it's not the 80's anymore, the old school undertaker would have been cool for one night only, then would have faded fast. I would have prefered the version of him that wore the costume he wore during WM 14 vs. Kane :shifty:

loopydate
03-15-2004, 02:06 AM
Seriously agree with the title of this thread. There were too many things wrong with this to list (but I'm going to start one anyway)

- The costume. It reminded me of the episode of "The Simpsons" where everyone flocks to the new Malibu Stacy because she has a hat now. This is the exact same American Badass, just with new hat.

- Paul Bearer doing...nothing. I marked out when I heard his voice, but...I expected the urn to come into play.

- He fought the exact same way he did when he was the Badass. I wanted to see him taken down, then Paul raising the urn, then UT sitting up. I wanted to see him no-sell the chokeslam, then roll his eyes and hit the Tombstone. Instead, it was all the same punch-punch-punch shit we've been seeing for four years.

That's just a start, but I have a paper to write and an alarm clock set for five-and-a-half hours from now...

HHHsucks929
03-15-2004, 06:56 AM
I know people who came out of the woodwork, who haqdn't watched wrestling in a long time, and ordered this PPV just to finally see the old school Udnertaker again. And we get Taker, Texas Ranger. I'll give them it's unique but it just didn't work. After all that build-up, it was so goddam simple for WWE to just give him something that made him look like the dead man, but they did nothing of the sort. Well, it's jsut a textbook example of WWE screwing up simple ideas for the past few years. I really was banking on the Udnertaker being the one thing at Wrestlemania that would NOT disappoint. And he did. Lame....

Imagi-Nation
03-15-2004, 07:19 AM
Biggest anti-climax ever

I marked the **** out when I heard Paul Bearers voice.
That was mad to see him.
Then out comes Taker with the druids and shit already there.
Mark the **** out.
Then I see he is still wearing his Biker gear.
i let out a NOOOOOOO.
my friends let out NOOOOOO **** SHIT WHAT THE **** etc.
The he starts wrestling just like the badass all over.
he rolled his eyes back and sat up once.
Big ****in shit.
He was the damn biker who id grown to hate, not The Undertaker that I loved and grew up with as a kid.
All they had to do was make a costume change and tell him to slow down, throw in a few throat thrusts and it wouldve been fine.
But NO.
WWE screwed it up.
As ud expect...although I was expecting this was one thing they couldnt **** up
but they did
**** this shit
thats the end of wrestling for me AGAIN
on such a downer right now :'(

The Mackem
03-15-2004, 08:37 AM
They brought him back as the biker??!!

SeanMC
03-15-2004, 08:45 AM
I saw a whole load of things wrong with this angle in the first place anyway,i tried to get into it but it just seemed to unrealistic to get into.I mean they should've never changed the undertaker in the first place, and now they want to try and bring the old taker back?Sorry but IMO that wont work now matter how hard they try.But at the very least they should've tried abit, but they didn't.After all the lightning and shit they were hyping it up with it seemed really laughable.Im glad he won and im glad to see the tombstone make a return but the match could have been abit more exciting surely.And whats the point in bringing paul back if he aint gonna be used in that match at all?That entrance for taker was abit overdone also IMO.It's just abit too staged.

Paranoid Rattlesnake
03-15-2004, 08:58 AM
They'll change it don't worry. Now they've seen peoples reactions and stuff. Especially the you suck chants directed at Taker after he chokeslammed Kane.

Ricky
03-15-2004, 09:10 AM
I thought it was all pretty good, the only thing that pissed me off really was his outfit. And yeah they could have used the Paul Bearer and the urn more too.

asphyXy
03-15-2004, 09:26 AM
<font color=969696>Who the fu</>ck cares? Chris Benoit is the WORLD CHAMPION.</font>

Sephiroth
03-15-2004, 10:15 AM
They brought him back as the biker??!!

Yeah...but he did rolled his eyes :nono:

Scarface
03-15-2004, 10:20 AM
Wierd! I thought he looked ****ing cool. But then why would they regress gimmicks, he was sort of undead biker taker.

Fryza
03-15-2004, 10:51 AM
Kane's done.

I TOLD EVERYBODY THIS MATCH WOULD HAVE KILLED KANE'S CREDIBILITY. :mad:

The Naitch
03-15-2004, 10:58 AM
Yeah, and you think you're the only one that thought that? :roll:

The Naitch
03-15-2004, 10:59 AM
Lol at Kane wearing the shades at the Wrestlemania Press Conference

Hurrinick
03-15-2004, 11:07 AM
This whole thing is definitely something the WWE needs to address. Personally, after all the hype behind this I tried, even with the encouragement of my girlfriend who's a fan of The Dead Man to buy some sort of meshing of the two styles. It's like you took the old Taker and mixed it with the biker and this is what you got. Taking a look at it, yes I was thinking :wtf: First off, after all the hype I thought even if he had to use Rogaine his hair would have been longer. I know its only been a couple of months, but seeing his hair as long as its been in times past I thought it could have been done. He looked like he had a Prince Valiant haircut. When Bearer came down was anyone hoping or expecting he was going to lift the lid off the urn and have that eerie light come out like they did that one time? I did. The outfit? Not impressed. When he first came out I didn't see the same gear as he once had, but once he moved I did and I was disappointed. No matter what type of Undertaker we like, we didn't get it, and in that way WWE didn't drop the ball, but they showed their lack of creativity. This whole thing is salvagable.

Paranoid Rattlesnake
03-15-2004, 11:08 AM
<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD class=atext align=left>Benoit wins Title</TD><TD class=atext noWrap align=left>21.11 %</TD><TD noWrap align=left>http://application.wwe.com/images/UPE/1.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD class=atext align=left>Undertaker returns</TD><TD class=atext noWrap align=left>46.79 %</TD><TD noWrap align=left>http://application.wwe.com/images/UPE/2.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD class=atext align=left>Molly gets head shaved</TD><TD class=atext noWrap align=left>4.20 %</TD><TD noWrap align=left>http://application.wwe.com/images/UPE/3.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD class=atext align=left>Trish turns on Y2J</TD><TD class=atext noWrap align=left>3.22 %</TD><TD noWrap align=left>http://application.wwe.com/images/UPE/4.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD class=atext align=left>Austin Stuns Brock & Goldberg</TD><TD class=atext noWrap align=left>13.55 %</TD><TD noWrap align=left>http://application.wwe.com/images/UPE/5.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD class=atext align=left>Divas disrobe</TD><TD class=atext noWrap align=left>9.74 %</TD><TD noWrap align=left>http://application.wwe.com/images/UPE/6.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD class=atext align=left>Hall of Famers bow</TD><TD class=atext noWrap align=left>1.36 %</TD><TD noWrap align=left>http://application.wwe.com/images/UPE/7.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD class=atext noWrap align=left colSpan=3> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=atext noWrap align=left colSpan=3>Total Votes: 3069</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Lastest WWE poll, Asking about most memorable moment.

Excellance of Execution
03-15-2004, 11:16 AM
I am really p*ssed about the Undertakers return. The WWE could have done a whole lot more to make him look like he was 'dead'. Also know they've pretty much buried Kane. They hyped this up so much that a little detail to his appearance would have worked wonders and know they've ruined it. Notice how quiet the crowd was, they were probably pissed about his appearance IMO. They only cheered when he did his notable spots. Man i'm annoyed about this.

Stickman
03-15-2004, 11:23 AM
Can somebody post pictures of him, and if anybody has a video of the entrance that'd be cool too. DOn't give me links to sites that have pop ups after pop ups.

BloodRiotZero
03-15-2004, 12:43 PM
Aside from being extremely disappointed at Undertaker's outfit, does anybody else think that Kane should have won, sort of a passing the torch sort of thing? I guess that's something more for his last match, but let's face it, he doens't have much time left. Eh, maybe in 2 years.

The Naitch
03-15-2004, 01:02 PM
it sucked, asides from Taker's entrance

Kane Knight
03-15-2004, 01:09 PM
I'm mainly just disappointed with the costume. At least give him the armor trenchcoat and the non-Chuck Norris hat.
Indeed, Daniel Jackson.

KayfabeMan
03-15-2004, 01:11 PM
Lol at Kane wearing the shades at the Wrestlemania Press Conference

:lol: That was quite lame....

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-15-2004, 01:15 PM
<font color=969696>Who the fu</>ck cares? Chris Benoit is the WORLD CHAMPION.</font>

Paranoid Rattlesnake
03-15-2004, 01:16 PM
http://www.thewrestlingchannel.tv/forums/uploads/av-964.jpg

The Naitch
03-15-2004, 01:20 PM
yeah, the only time he looked good was when he'd roll his eyes up. And when he stuck his tongue out like a vagina tongue sodomizer after the tombstone.

Shaggy
03-15-2004, 01:38 PM
I liked the way he looked. Even though I was a little mad that he didnt return in his old dead man gimmick, he sorta looked like a dead cowboy. I thought it was pretty funny. I wonder if they will keep him like that or if they will change him up soon. Either way Undertaker will always be loved by the fans.

Tornado
03-15-2004, 01:42 PM
<font color=#33ffff>It wasn't bad, but then again, it wasn't great.

At least he showed a few deadman traits...</font>

Stickman
03-15-2004, 01:45 PM
anybody have the tape of his entrance

Ricky
03-15-2004, 01:46 PM
anybody have the tape of his entranceYeah.

sensai86
03-15-2004, 02:09 PM
Everything was cool,excep the outfit,we only got to see the "Deadman" from the neck up.Besides that,it was cool.

Vazz
03-15-2004, 02:14 PM
Seriously agree with the title of this thread. There were too many things wrong with this to list (but I'm going to start one anyway)

- The costume. It reminded me of the episode of "The Simpsons" where everyone flocks to the new Malibu Stacy because she has a hat now. This is the exact same American Badass, just with new hat.

- Paul Bearer doing...nothing. I marked out when I heard his voice, but...I expected the urn to come into play.

- He fought the exact same way he did when he was the Badass. I wanted to see him taken down, then Paul raising the urn, then UT sitting up. I wanted to see him no-sell the chokeslam, then roll his eyes and hit the Tombstone. Instead, it was all the same punch-punch-punch shit we've been seeing for four years.

That's just a start, but I have a paper to write and an alarm clock set for five-and-a-half hours from now...

EXACTLY.
He's the american badass with a hat.

BLaZeR-
03-15-2004, 02:44 PM
That whole match was a huge let down, when I saw Taker coming out I just hung my head down. He looked like Dustin Runnels' scrapped gimmick "7even"
and the way they made Kane look like a sissy was horrible. So now his career is pretty much done, he could have least went out in style like kicking out of 2 Tombstones.

HHHsucks929
03-15-2004, 03:04 PM
Maybe on Smackdown they'll realize the error of their ways and give the Undertaker the look everyone wants him to have. And if anything this feud with Kane should continue. He comes back and ends the feud in one night!? That doesn't make any sense. He jsut got back, Kane's going to need a high-profile feud after getting buried like that.

Well, now that Lesnar's leaving, we're likely to see an Undertakre title run this year on Smackdown. Edge should also go back to SD.

The Duck
03-15-2004, 03:10 PM
I think some people bought the hype a little too much. They did a good job and it got me marking out that's for sure (and I'm certainly not a Taker mark usually). The only thing I agree with is that his wrestling style didn't alter enough - but then again, I've never been a fan of Calloway's in-ring work. The entrance and look PERSONALLY I thought were great and I like how they didn't go over-board on making him look 'dead', personally I think it would of seemed corny. It was like a contemporary twist on his old theme.