PDA

View Full Version : Well, WWE confirms it....

bama12&21
03-15-2004, 01:04 AM
This has been posted on WWE.com. sorry if already posted.

Brock Lesnar opts to put WWE career on hold

Brock Lesnar has made a personal decision to put his WWE career on hold to prepare to tryout for the National Football League this season. Brock has wrestled his entire professional career in the WWE and we are proud of his accomplishments and wish him the best in his new endeavor.

Corkscrewed
03-15-2004, 01:09 AM
Now lets see how they'll explain it on SmackDOWN! There are tons of methods...

- They can play off of the SD! roster abandoning him last Thursday and have him quit because his feelings were hurt or something.
- Goldberg beat him. He's ashamed.
- Or they can just tell the truth.

Dazz
03-15-2004, 01:12 AM
I think I read Corky that you didnt watch the PPV, so let me explain:

At the start of the match the crowd started to chant 'you sold out' and 'nananana woooah goodbye' and then JR and King HAD to acknowledge this, and JR said that it had been roumered that Brock was planning on being and NFL player.

They didn't confirm it, but they prett much did.

Funky Fly
03-15-2004, 01:14 AM
Well, they could also go with how the fans let him have it.

I didn't think they were that many smarks out there.

John la Rock
03-15-2004, 02:47 AM
Brock will be back. guaranteed. It's not guaranteed that he'll even make the NFL. Hopefully he'll wake up and realize how a great a wrestler he really is

BasicThuganomics
03-15-2004, 02:54 AM
Brock will be back. guaranteed. It's not guaranteed that he'll even make the NFL. Hopefully he'll wake up and realize how a great a wrestler he really is

Well you know the saying "never say never in t his business" :roll:

Who the hell really knows besides Brock I geuss? I hope he comes back personally, but I think that WWE will be able to move on without him.

Funky Fly
03-15-2004, 02:57 AM
Well, if he ever does come back to the WWE, he'll now have legit heel heat.

loopydate
03-15-2004, 03:10 AM
Here's how I'd write it:
===
*At the start of SmackDown, Paul Heyman has gathered the troops around the ring, something that's becoming one of his trademarks.*

PAUL: This past Sunday night at Wrestlemania, I was, for the first time in my life, ashamed to call myself a New Yorker. For the fans in my hometown to react the way they did during one of the biggest matches of all-time sickens me to my very core. The way the Madison Square Garden crowd booed Brock Lesnar, taunted Brock Lesnar, sang insulting songs to Brock Lesnar...it MADE ME SICK!

*Booooooooo*

PAUL: But there is an incident that continues to play over and over in my head more than New York City's sickening display. Something that plays more than the sight of MY champion congratulating Eric Bischoff's new champion...

*Pop*

PAUL: No, the image I can't get out of my head is the entire SmackDown locker room, the men and women you see around me right now, abandoning not only Brock Lesnar last week on SmackDown, but abandoning Paul Heyman to MONDAY NIGHT RAW'S "Stone Cold" Steve Austin.

*Pop*

PAUL: That's why I've gathered all of you around me tonight. Because tonight, I want answers. No. Scratch that. Tonight...I DEMAND answers. And someone is going to give them to me, or I am shutting this show down right now.

*Boooooooooooooo*

PAUL: Someone step up. Eddie Guerrero? I know you have something YOU want to say, but no one at home will be able to understand you, vato.

*Boooooooooooooo*

PAUL: John Cena? My new United States Champion? The less time you spend with a microphone in your hand is better ratings for me.

*Boooooooooooooo*

PAUL: What about...YOU?

*Points at Big Show*

PAUL: What's your excuse, Big Show? What's your excuse, former United States Champion? What's your excuse...PAUL WIGHT? It's obvious who was the ringleader last week, and it was you. And now, I'm asking...no...I'm DEMANDING that you tell me what you were doing.

*Big Show climbs into the ring to a surprising pop.*

PAUL: Well?

SHOW: First of all, Paul, where do you get off threatening the SmackDown roster with a lockout?

*Pop*

SHOW: These wrestlers have given you everything they had, despite everything. Despite Matt Hardy and Chris Benoit jumping to RAW. Despite Edge breaking his neck. Despite the burial of the Undertaker. These wrestlers have been nothing but loyal to you since the day you took over, whether they like you or not.

*Pop. Agreement from the wrestlers.*

SHOW: Now, why did we walk out on you and Brock Lesnar last week on SmackDown? Let me put it to you this way, Paul. How would YOU feel if the man you looked up to, the man who called himself your captain, decided that he'd had enough and that he was leaving? Brock Lesnar...

*Booooooooooooooooo*

SHOW: ...was given EVERYTHING on SmackDown. Sure, he earned his place, but there was never a doubt that he was your top guy. So, when me and the guys heard that Brock was considering a career in the NFL...

*Booooooooooooooooooo. "You sold out! You sold out!"*

SHOW: ...that did it. We weren't going to stand in the way of a crazed redneck who wanted to get his hands on Brock Lesnar. Truth be told, I don't think there's a one of us who wouldn't rather have been the one Stunning him last week. It was unfortunate that you had to get in the way, Paul, but that's just the way it was. You were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

PAUL: "Wrong place at the wrong time?" "Wrong place at the--?" HOW DARE YOU, Big Show? This was no coincidence that you all left me for dead with Steve Austin in that ring. What did you expect would happen? That he'd take his four-wheeler and leave peacefully? Have you not been WATCHING WWE for the last seven years?

SHOW: Well, Paul Heyman's SmackDown is all about opportunity. We thought we'd give Austin an opportunity to change his stripes. Tough break, though.

*Crowd laughs.*

PAUL: "Tough break." You know what, PAUL? You're a funny guy. You were funny on MadTV this weekend, you're funny tonight. In fact, you're so funny...I'm going to give you an opportunity tonight, since you all seem to be so big on opportunity. Tonight, PAUL, you're going to be doing color commentary with Michael Cole and Tazz for the duration of the evening.

COLE: Uh-oh...

TAZZ: Big Show on commentary?

PAUL: There's a catch, though. If you leave that seat for ANY reason. Whether it's to attack someone who hit you first, whether it's to go to the bathroom...whether it's because your PIZZA arrived...it doesn't matter. If you're going to insist on being Mister Entertainment tonight, you're going to sit your gigantic ass in that seat and keep your nose out of Paul Heyman's business. And as for the rest of you...

*Indicates rest of wrestlers.*

PAUL: Yes, the rumors are true. Brock Lesnar HAS taken a leave of absence to try out for the NFL.

*Booooooooooooooooooooooo*

PAUL: But that does not excuse your actions of last week. And that is why tonight...I will NOT tolerate any repeat performances. In fact, I'm going to be watching all of your matches tonight with a pen in my right hand...and the payroll in my left. You don't entertain me to my satisfaction...

*Makes a "crossing-out" motion.*

PAUL: You're gone. Any questions? Roll the damn video...

*The SmackDown opening rolls, and we're underway*
===
Of course, I'm not writing it, so it won't be anything like that.

road doggy dogg
03-15-2004, 03:14 AM
After tonight, I think Brock should stay just to spite all those ungrateful little shits.

BasicThuganomics
03-15-2004, 03:16 AM
Wow i'm genuinely impressed loopy...

loopydate
03-15-2004, 03:18 AM
Wow i'm genuinely impressed loopy...

:$ Thanks, BT.

When I was younger, I always wanted to write for the WWF. I used to play with my little Hasbro WWF figures and make up storylines and stuff for them. My little sister used to play with me, and I would make up promos and stuff to entertain her. Guess a little of it stuck, eh?

This is all just wishful thinking, of course. They'll never do anything like that. More likely, they'll just ignore the fact that he's leaving on TV and go right into the next round of feuds.

RGWhat316
03-15-2004, 03:19 AM
You know, I can really see most of that happening. Especially the part where Heyman says he is ashamed to be a New Yorker because of what they did to Brock. Yet it sounds a little like 2000 when right after WM, Big Show turned face and started his comedy gimmick that lasted a couple months.

BasicThuganomics
03-15-2004, 03:49 AM
:$ Thanks, BT.

When I was younger, I always wanted to write for the WWF. I used to play with my little Hasbro WWF figures and make up storylines and stuff for them. My little sister used to play with me, and I would make up promos and stuff to entertain her. Guess a little of it stuck, eh?

Well uh it wasn't that good? :shifty:

jk dude :p