PDA

View Full Version : Big Dipper

Kane Knight
04-19-2008, 11:17 AM
So I just got the new Big Dipper Anthology. I don't think many people on here would know them, but I figured I'd shill them anyway. They're one of those bands that had some pretty solid radio play near Boston in the 90s, kinda a 90s alternative, mild punkish undertones, and some poppy sounds as well. Not the easiest band to classify, but they're pretty fun. I have "Edith" stuck in my head, a song I don't think I've ever heard before.

Half the Anthology is out of print discs, (Heavens, Craps, Boo-Boo), and the other half is unreleased tracks, demos, etc. This is a pretty damn good set, though the band is hardly an epic group. They also do a damn good cover of "All the Way From Memphis," though it's not on this record. Brian May's cover is way, way better, but it's a cool song anyway.

El Vaquero de Infierno
04-19-2008, 12:11 PM
Hook me up.

Kane Knight
04-19-2008, 12:12 PM
Haven't ripped them yet, but I can.

El Vaquero de Infierno
04-19-2008, 12:23 PM
I checked a number of the sound clips on Amazon. On second thought, don't hook me up. :p

Kane Knight
04-20-2008, 09:34 PM
Meh.

ron the dial
04-21-2008, 10:59 AM
i liked what i heard there.

Kane Knight
04-21-2008, 11:15 AM
I can put up the anthology if you want, WeX. Just not gonna bother if nobody's interested.

My interest in the band is largely artistic; after hearing the Anthology I was amazed at how big a band they COULD have been. The problem is, their indie stuff lacked the production and their one major label record didn't really sound like them.

ron the dial
04-21-2008, 11:27 AM
i'm all for new music. if you post it, i'll check it out.