PDA

View Full Version : A new era?

HHHsucks929
03-15-2004, 03:18 PM
So since WWE is unveling a new logo possibly tonight, Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit are our two current world champions, and Brock Lesnar and Goldberg are both leaving, it seems pretty clear at least to me that tonight is the beginning of a brand new era in WWE....

...But what is it?

The last era we had was the era defined by "attitude" with the scratchy logo, led by Steve Austin and The Rock. Before that was the new generation, led by guys like Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels. What is this era defined by? I think this year, this enw era, is finally the time for younger guys to step up and claim what's rightfully theirs, main-event superstar status. I'm talking about guys like Randy Orton, John Cena, Chris Jericho, amybe even Christian, and even Edge, who can finally make their way to the top. Without Goldberg and Lesnar, and now after tonight The Rock and Mick Foley will not be wrestling anymore, someone needs to fill the main-event void...

Shaggy
03-15-2004, 03:27 PM
I think this year, this enw era, is finally the time for younger guys to step up and claim what's rightfully theirs, main-event superstar status. I'm talking about guys like Randy Orton, John Cena, Chris Jericho, amybe even Christian, and even Edge, who can finally make their way to the top. Without Goldberg and Lesnar, and now after tonight The Rock and Mick Foley will not be wrestling anymore, someone needs to fill the main-event void...

I think I woudl have to agree with you on that one. With all the news of what the young guns are gonna do in the future and how they all will become big superstars, its about time that they got there start.

Sephiroth
03-15-2004, 03:30 PM
Indeed and maybe we will see some new young superstars that would be cool.

Corkscrewed
03-15-2004, 04:31 PM
Agreed as well. This should be the era of the young, athletic and multi-talented wrestlers. As the veterans slowly phase out, you should see people like Angle, Benoit, Guerrero, Cena, Orton, Edge, Jericho, Christian, O'Haire (I wish), and the Cruiserweights dominating the main and middle card scenes.

Scarface
03-15-2004, 04:45 PM
Agreed as well. This should be the era of the young, athletic and multi-talented wrestlers. As the veterans slowly phase out, you should see people like Angle, Benoit, Guerrero, Cena, Orton, Edge, Jericho, Christian, O'Haire (I wish), and the Cruiserweights dominating the main and middle card scenes.

and Matt Hardy.

The new blood is coming through and we could see some amazing matches and fresh storylines soon.

KYR
12-13-2007, 02:28 AM
I did a bit of browsing and found this and thought I'd bump it.

Gee...nearly four years ago and we're still waiting.

OK. So both World Champions are no longer with us but is that the only reason?

Corky you were a part of this and rightly pointed out that this "should be the era of the young" wrestlers.

So what happened (or didn't happen) in the last 4 years? And what SHOULD have happened?

Funky Fly
12-13-2007, 03:34 AM
Do not bump old shit.