PDA

View Full Version : Somebody please tell me this isn't legit *potential SD! spoilers*

redoneja
04-22-2008, 10:36 PM
from NoDq.com

The show opens with Edge, Vickie Guerrero, Chavo Guerrero, Zack Ryder, Curt Hawkins, and Bam Neeley. Vickie makes Undertaker vs. Batista a no DQ match. CM Punk comes out. Edge challenged CM Punk for his money in the bank brief case for tonight on Smackdown.

Edge b. CM Punk
This was described to me as a very good match. Lots of nears falls throughout, our correspondent says Punk ends up hitting Go to Sleep but Edge falls to the outside. Punk goes to get him and Zack Ryder gets involved. Edge ends up hitting the spear for the win.

Someone please discredit this source for me. Usually this site is pretty good for these spoilers in progress though, as I check them every week. :nono:

Innovator
04-22-2008, 10:39 PM
The PWInsider one doesn't have the MITB stip in there

Mr. Nerfect
04-22-2008, 10:42 PM
Well, the website is usually full of crap, if that's what you're after.

Would not surprise me if the show went down like that, though. It lays the groundwork for Edge vs. CM Punk for a World Championship in the future. I'd actually mark out if Edge lost to The Undertaker at Backlash, and then he decided to cash in the MITB title shot against either Kane (after he retains the ECW Title against Chavo and then gets beaten down), or the winner of the Fatal Four Way, and adds a fifth World Title to his resume.

Punk will then, no doubt, end up feuding with Edge over the belt. Punk is already a former World Champion according to the WWE, and he's already gotten a rub from being Mr. Money in the Bank. The stipulation works much better for heels.

Mr. Nerfect
04-22-2008, 10:44 PM
The PWInsider one doesn't have the MITB stip in there

Ah, it's probably laying the groundwork for Edge vs. Punk with the shot on the line. Edge gets the fall here, and then gloats about it to Punk. When he doesn't win the title at Backlash, he makes a case for being given a shot, and we get Punk vs. Edge at Judgment Day, or something. Maybe in a TLC Match, as the WWE likes to give Edge singles TLC Matches these days.

I actually wouldn't mind a "defending Money in the Bank Ladder Match," with CM Punk defending the briefcase in a second MITB Ladder Match, featuring seven other guys. Edge would be in, as he seems like he's after the briefcase. Matt Hardy seems like he would be a good fit. Jeff Hardy will apparently be back for Judgment Day, so he could be asked to kill himself in a match like this. Shelton Benjamin has a bit of a rivalry going on with CM Punk in ECW (well, they are in matches against each other a fair bit), and Shelton is just gold in an environment like this. Umaga in MITB is a win. Rey Mysterio is probably coming back soon, isn't he? He could make for a good presence in the match. The last guy could be Chavo Guerrero, and create tension between himself and Edge.

Lux
04-22-2008, 10:45 PM
If its true i'll be happy, punk pisses me off plain and simple, STRIP HIM OF MONEY IN THE BANK NOW

TerranRich
04-23-2008, 01:17 AM
Sounds like somebody needs an upgrade to 5.0. Punk is the goods. STFU

Jeritron
04-23-2008, 01:35 AM
I think it's stupid, but whatever. Edge will prob use it to win the title, seems to be his thing. Or maybe he and CM Punk will fued for the case after Backlash since his program with taker will prob end. He wasn't on ECW either btw

dablackguy
04-23-2008, 01:44 AM
Yeah, the results I've seen dont have the MITB stip

Lux
04-23-2008, 01:47 AM
Sounds like somebody needs an upgrade to 5.0. Punk is the goods. STFU

Oh wow, CM Punk, woo hoo, yeah hes awesome... no he's decent, a fine mid-carder, but withen just a few years of entering the company we see a major push and he's turning into the Bats/Cena of ECW and that is something i can't stand, it is the writers fault but seriously where do they want to take him? and early grave? the next big CENA? either way i don't like him or the writers, end of story

Impeccable
04-23-2008, 05:07 AM
Didn't they run a "Mr. Kennedy returns" video on Raw?

If the MITB stip is right, and Edge has the case, wouldn't it be time Kennedy returned the favour? It's an overdue angle.

Kane Knight
04-23-2008, 07:21 AM
Oh wow, CM Punk, woo hoo, yeah hes awesome... no he's decent, a fine mid-carder, but withen just a few years of entering the company we see a major push and he's turning into the Bats/Cena of ECW and that is something i can't stand, it is the writers fault but seriously where do they want to take him? and early grave? the next big CENA? either way i don't like him or the writers, end of story

Dude, you're looking at this all wrong.

You want Punk to become the Cena/Bats of ECW, because the minute he's over and successful, the IWC will hate him and then you'll no longer be a pariah simply for disliking Punk.

I'm now hoping for a long Edge title reign to see how many people hop off the bandwagon the minute old-angry face actually has the real title run the smarks claim they want.

It's more scientific curiosity than anything else, but....

Evil Vito
04-23-2008, 07:26 AM
<font color=goldenrod>I love Edge, I really do...but this still pisses me off if true. Only because we saw a carbon copy last year with Edge grabbing the MITB shot from someone else. Hopefully they do something different this time to jazz it up or something.</font>

Kane Knight
04-23-2008, 07:32 AM
Are people still missing the fact that the stipulation is not mentioned anywhere else, and the source tends to be inaccurate or flat out wrong.

Londoner
04-23-2008, 08:11 AM
Hopefully you're right kk.

Y2Ant
04-23-2008, 09:55 AM
Yeah the one I read just said he "challenged" CM Punk to a match, nothing about MITB.

Innovator
04-23-2008, 10:03 AM
Some quick notes on last night's Smackdown/ECW taping:

*For those who asked, CM Punk did NOT lose the Money in the Bank briefcase to Edge during Smackdown. I'm not sure where that rumor started but I'm told by several people I spoke to this morning that was not an angle they did last night.

*Vladimir Kozlov defeated the immortal "Cham Pain" Marty Garner of OMEGA fame last night. We didn't have Garner's name during our live spoiler results.

*A dark match to open the taping saw Funaki get a win over an unnamed talent, followed by Chuck Palumbo coming out and defeating Funaki.

Kane Knight
04-23-2008, 10:05 AM
Hopefully you're right kk.

Well, I am right. The source sucks, and no other source that doesn't suck has mentioned the MitB stipulation. Whether or not it is is another story, but I'm not talking about that, because I really don't know yet. I'm just pointing out that people are talking about this as though it's fact, and I hope they really understand that this is not the gospel, it's some shitty ass source that should be taken with a grain of salt.

Now, maybe people are speaking hypothetically. I hope so.

TerranRich
04-23-2008, 11:02 PM
*A dark match to open the taping saw Funaki get a win over an unnamed talent, followed by Chuck Palumbo coming out and defeating Funaki.

DAMN YOU, Palumbo! The IWC wants another Funaki world title run!!

Wait, did I say "another"? :shifty:

Xero
04-23-2008, 11:07 PM
LOL, Funaki gets a rare win and it's negated by the American Fake Ass.

Gertner
04-24-2008, 08:48 AM
the infamous marty garner is back again

Mercury Bullet
04-24-2008, 03:53 PM
I don't think I could care either way. Punk shouldn't be champ yet, he had a hot start but has more than shown he isn't ready for anything big time...Edge is kinda like, main eventer by default. He's there because there isn't anyone else, and being average is better than 99% of the other choices right now.

Kane Knight
04-24-2008, 04:11 PM
I don't think I could care either way. Punk shouldn't be champ yet, he had a hot start but has more than shown he isn't ready for anything big time...Edge is kinda like, main eventer by default. He's there because there isn't anyone else, and being average is better than 99% of the other choices right now.

WWE has made it clear that they're big on Punk, or at least Vince and company are, and he'll be a main eventer, ready or not. Or whether we like it or not. Like Rey, and Cena, and Trips...

weather vane
04-24-2008, 04:17 PM
Bam Neeley lol