PDA

View Full Version : Ring Of Hell

dablackguy
05-02-2008, 05:13 PM
Ring of Hell: The Story of Chris Benoit and the Fall of the Pro Wrestling Industry, is currently available for pre-order on Amazon.com. The book should be available in June. To clarify an earlier report, the book will actually not be centered around racism in World Wrestling Entertainment, reports prowrestling.NET. The book will contain issues regarding racism with the WWE creative team, but it is not centered around racism. It will be an investigative piece regarding the life of Chris Benoit and the pro wrestling industry.

Credit: Wrestlezone

So.. uhh.. yeah...

Cashing in on the hot story, I suppose.

So, will you read it? Interested? Couldn't care less?

thedamndest
05-02-2008, 05:26 PM
Thought this was a new TNA match. No, won't read it. I'll let someone else read it first and decide what I think for me.

Londoner
05-02-2008, 05:32 PM
Thought this was a new TNA match. .

So did i.

CSL
05-02-2008, 05:41 PM
lol

I did too

Afterlife
05-02-2008, 06:23 PM
Seems to me this book will be 30 chapters of "Benoit killed his family, and here's how to blame Wrestling". So no, I'm not going to read it; I've already heard enough.

Londoner
05-02-2008, 06:38 PM
Bit hypocritical of wwe to release this anyway isn't it??

Afterlife
05-02-2008, 06:48 PM
How so?

Theo Dious
05-02-2008, 07:03 PM
The Benoits were killed by a demon-possessed Bowflex. The end.

Shadow
05-02-2008, 07:14 PM
All he wanted was some TAP water and some CROSSFACE chicken.

IS THAT SO WRONG!?

FourFifty
05-03-2008, 09:11 AM
I'm sorry, this happened more than two weeks ago, no one cares anymore.

Kane Knight
05-03-2008, 10:14 AM
Bit hypocritical of wwe to release this anyway isn't it??

Wait...Is WWE releasing this?

Except for Chris Benoit's WWE status and the like, I'm not seeing WWE anywhere in the descriptions and so on....

Anyway, I'm betting this pisses off wrestling fans in the usual fashion. WWE hates the fans and treats them like shit, they hate the workers, treat them like shit and push them to do things that will kill or injure them, and yet, for some reason, the IWC will defend them to the death. It's battered wife syndrome.

dablackguy
05-03-2008, 12:28 PM
I feel like a book on racism in the industry would be more interesting than a story that's been played to death

Especially in a business where black=wheelchair when discussing how much of a handicap being black is

Kane Knight
05-03-2008, 01:02 PM
I feel like a book on racism in the industry would be more interesting than a story that's been played to death

Especially in a business where black=wheelchair when discussing how much of a handicap being black is

I'd rather see a comprehensive look at the way things are run in pro wrestling. Racism, drugs, assholes snapping, crazy people, injury, safety, etc.

Though I'm amused that a forum who can debate who screwed Bret ad nauseum can also turn to the issue of Benoit snapping and go "boring..."

dablackguy
05-03-2008, 01:05 PM
I'd rather see a comprehensive look at the way things are run in pro wrestling. Racism, drugs, assholes snapping, crazy people, injury, safety, etc.

Though I'm amused that a forum who can debate who screwed Bret ad nauseum can also turn to the issue of Benoit snapping and go "boring..."

Would be a good book. Probably wouldn't ever happen though, unless someone went all Jim Bouton

Londoner
05-03-2008, 03:05 PM
Wait...Is WWE releasing this?

Except for Chris Benoit's WWE status and the like, I'm not seeing WWE anywhere in the descriptions and so on....

Dunno, just assumed they were.

Kane Knight
05-03-2008, 05:07 PM
Would be a good book. Probably wouldn't ever happen though, unless someone went all Jim Bouton

The flaws in wrestling would probably take over 1000 pages.

Dunno, just assumed they were.

Pretty sure they're not.

Afterlife
05-03-2008, 06:21 PM
I would think WWE is apprehensive about releasing a book on a subject they've tried to bury for a year.

That, and exposing their own alleged racism, biggotry and all-around assholism is probably on the bottom of the to-do list.

Kane Knight
05-03-2008, 06:45 PM
I would think WWE is apprehensive about releasing a book on a subject they've tried to bury for a year.

That, and exposing their own alleged racism, biggotry and all-around assholism is probably on the bottom of the to-do list.

Well, Vince has done just about everything else he can do to kill wrestling. Maybe he really does want to end WWE.