PDA

View Full Version : You know what I'm asking you to do (RAW spoiler)

loopydate
03-15-2004, 10:09 PM
So...how would you do it, since it looks like it's going to happen?

Champion of Europa
03-15-2004, 10:10 PM
Change your topic title before people snap on you.

loopydate
03-15-2004, 10:12 PM
Thanx, CoE. Almost forgot.

Rock Bottom
03-15-2004, 10:13 PM
I would put The Rock, Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho, RVD and Randy Orton on one show, and everyone else on the other.

RGWhat316
03-15-2004, 11:43 PM
Teamwise, I see RVD and Booker T getting split up. The Dudleys and APA split at the last roster, so I don't expect them to do that again.

Boondock Saint
03-15-2004, 11:49 PM
The Dudleyz sucked in singles. I'm sure they learned their lesson with that, same with the APA. RVD and Booker I can see splitting. At least one member of La Res. will split too.

Hmmm.......not sure what's gonna happen really. :-\ But that is a good thing actually.

Loose Cannon
03-16-2004, 12:14 AM
OKAY, I'll say it again: Evolution IS NOT splitting up. King and J.R. put so much emphisis on the fact that they were going to be split up so you know it won't happen. Plus Orton still has to turn on Trips and Flair. BAM

6to1
03-16-2004, 12:28 AM
i say both the top belt holders will stay on there shows benoit just won the belt, last time he won that belt he left wcw for the wwf the day after. i would love to see bischoff go to smackdown and take over the cruserweights.

6to1
03-16-2004, 12:32 AM
The Dudleyz sucked in singles. I'm sure they learned their lesson with that, same with the APA. RVD and Booker I can see splitting. At least one member of La Res. will split too.

Hmmm.......not sure what's gonna happen really. :-\ But that is a good thing actually.
yea i am suprised the dudleys did'nt win the belts tonight to keep them togather with the belts and split up booker and rvd.

blueskies
03-16-2004, 12:53 AM
as long as shawn michaels stay on raw, i'll be happy... and if if kurt stays on smackdown! don't really want to see that guy

Corkscrewed
03-16-2004, 12:58 AM
They better not take Angle and Eddie and Cena off of SD! They should also keep most of the Cruisers on SD! to retain the division, since it finally appears that it might be getting up to something. Overall, though, if they give the shaft to SD! and put all the good people on RAW, I'm gonna be mighty pissed.

Vietnamese Crippler
03-16-2004, 01:19 AM
I bet you anything the WWE will screw this up by putting all the Smackdown people on RAW and vice versa :shifty:

blueskies
03-16-2004, 01:58 AM
be worse if they put all the ones with the title on one brand and leave the other brand titleless, lol

John la Rock
03-16-2004, 02:23 AM
The big changes will be Angle and Taker on Raw and RVD, Booker T going to Smackdown. That's what I think should happen

PureHatred
03-16-2004, 02:28 AM
I'm not sure how its going down next week. But I'd love it if the WWE set it up like an NBA/NFL Draft. Big desk. Live commentary from wrestling draft experts...I can see it now:

Taz: "What??? Rikishi selected in the 5th round. That's Hooorrrrribblllle. I didn't have him coming off the board until at least Round 32."

Mel Kiper telling us about the potential 'upside' of Rob Conway. All the guys in the back wearing incredibly tacky suits sitting in the Green Room waiting to be selected. The whole staff scrambling frantically when some unknown 6-2' Croatian with 17 consanants is selected. Awesome.

'Course...I was also hoping that when A-Rod showed up for his Yankees press conference, he was going to nail Steinbrenner in the head with a chair then tear off his jacket revealing a BoSox jersey. (BAH GAWD!BAH GAWD!) So my sense of reality is skewed.

The CyNick
03-16-2004, 02:43 AM
For right now, I hate this, but it may be necessary due to the recent injuries/leavings and what not.

I hate it because basically what Vince said on RAW was; "The WWE sucks right now, but were going to mix up the guys, and that will make everything better". When in fact in wont. Worse yet, coming off the heels of Mania, which I thought was an awesome show, they dont need to be talking about how things suck.

I supported the brand extension from day one, and only now (what two years later?) do I actually see a significant difference between the two brands. Its not as simple as "SD is the wrestling show and RAW is the entertainment show", its more subtle, but I find it noticeable. Now we are going to mix everyone up again and it'll probably take another 2 years for them to seem different again.

I'm not against the theory behind the shake-up. On the one hand they could be losing up to three top guys in Angle, Lesnar and Goldberg (2 are gone forsure, at least for a time), and they need to keep the rosters even. On top of that, with the split, you run out of matches in a hurry.

What I would rather see is them decide that every year there is a lottery and guys can be moved. You do this on the RAW after Mania every year. Champs stay on their current show (in order to keep the titles on the same shows to have some consistency), and maybe each brand can designate 2 franchise players that cant be touched. Everyone else is availble to be moved. That way you keep the championships consistant on the two shows, and you still get the ability to move around some key people to make new matches.

We'll see how this works, but I really hope they keep the switching to a minimum. Maybe this will somehow lead to the ECW brand, but then again with the loss of three of the top guys in the company (along with Foley and Rock being soon gone or gone already) it might not be wise to add a third brand just yet.

In terms of who will go where; well there has been talk for some time about basically switching Edge and RVD, so I'm sure that will happen. I'm kinda thinking that Batista will move to Smackdown and get split form Evolution. It would be silly to move either World Title or either World Champ. I would say Cena and Orton are safe where they are (unless they swap one for the other, but again with Evolution, I dont see that). It makes no sense to move any of the CWs to RAW, if anything this would be a great way to move Spike and Hurricane to SD. Maybe Torrie and Sable can jump over to RAW, just to load up the chicks on RAW where they have a title to fight for. And hopefully they dont try to have the Dudleys or APA go it on their own.

Should be interesting to see how everything shakes down next week. Like I said I dont think its the best idea, but I understand the reasoning, guess we'll just have to wait and see.

John la Rock
03-16-2004, 02:47 AM
yo Cynick, why would Kurt Angle leave the company?

The CyNick
03-16-2004, 03:06 AM
yo Cynick, why would Kurt Angle leave the company?

On Meltzer's site they are saying that Kurt is feeling humbness again, so that could mean he'll be finished. I mean he hasn't seen a doctor yet to gte more tests, but you gotta figure at some point with all these neck problems he's going to have to pack it in to avaoid being in wheelchair for the rest of his life.

Hopefully he'll be fine,a nd he can keep on working without risking permanant injury, but I have to say thats looking less and less likely.

John la Rock
03-16-2004, 03:07 AM
I see

Corkscrewed
03-16-2004, 03:46 AM
Thanks for spelling out my thoughts in depth, Cynic (as usual).

road doggy dogg
03-16-2004, 05:33 AM
Yeah if they do something stupid like putting Benoit on SD!, thus making his title vacant, I will forever boycott anything the WWE does ever again.

Otherwise, I'm pretty excited about this.

Sephiroth
03-16-2004, 09:04 AM
Yeah...it could turn out okay as long as Benoit keeps his title and stays on RAW and as long Eddie can keep his title it is okay with me.

Danny Electric
03-16-2004, 09:08 AM
Should there be a stipulation that Criserweights stay on Smackdoen?

Loose Cannon
03-16-2004, 09:12 AM
I swear to god if they split Evolution I'm going to be pissed. I've been waiting for Orton and Batista to turn on Trips for like a year now. I want to see the New Evolution stable they have been talking about.

The Dub
03-16-2004, 11:12 AM

Rod Conway should be on his own anyway. I kinda liked Rev. D-Von. RVD to SD! I can see.

The Forgotten One
03-16-2004, 11:19 AM
Rev. D-Von got on my nerves.

The Forgotten One
03-16-2004, 11:20 AM
I swear to god if they split Evolution I'm going to be pissed. I've been waiting for Orton and Batista to turn on Trips for like a year now. I want to see the New Evolution stable they have been talking about.

Would you do Randy Orton if you had the chance? :shifty:

Deceit
03-16-2004, 11:50 AM

hahaha

on a side note, I think Rob Conway should go singles.

packt up
03-16-2004, 11:52 AM
I'm not sure how its going down next week. But I'd love it if the WWE set it up like an NBA/NFL Draft. Big desk. Live commentary from wrestling draft experts...I can see it now:

I remember hoping that would what happen in the first draft.

As it was it was pretty terrible - they just kept trying to swerve ball the each other for the first section with little logic in their picks. Then they rattled off 5 picks in 5 seconds making it seem rushed and like the whole event was groundbreaking - its the Brand Extension for christs sake. Then the lottery crap was done off show so people couldn't even see where their favourite superstars ended up. It seemed more like a segment (there was wrestling going on too) rather than the huge event it should have been.

Now I know this is more of a lottery and not a draft but I stlll hope they show how important this event is - they are after all putting it over as the "where it all begins...again".

Nowhere Man
03-16-2004, 11:57 AM
I think it'd be kinda neat to have Conway go single for a while, then bring in Nick Dinsmore. The Lords of the Ring kicked ass, and honestly, the tag team situation on both shows is pretty dire.

Anyways, I'm not too excited about this stuff, but hopefully it won't f</>uck everything up too badly. I can't wait to see how Vince is gonna blame it on us if it fails, though.

Nowhere Man
03-16-2004, 12:01 PM
I swear to god if they split Evolution I'm going to be pissed. I've been waiting for Orton and Batista to turn on Trips for like a year now.

Yeah, because y'know, the best thing to do with two people who aren't over is take them away from the people who are. Especially since it'd be a main-event feud and neither of them have any business even mucking around in the Intercontinental range yet.

I want to see the New Evolution stable they have been talking about.

It'll be like New Coke, only not as resoundingly successful.

Loose Cannon
03-16-2004, 12:05 PM
:lol: Very Funny. Sub Orton for Trish though.

Loose Cannon
03-16-2004, 12:07 PM
Yeah, because y'know, the best thing to do with two people who aren't over is take them away from the people who are. Especially since it'd be a main-event feud and neither of them have any business even mucking around in the Intercontinental range yet.

It'll be like New Coke, only not as resoundingly successful.

I enjoy the new Tropical Sprite myself. Anyway, I don't want to see Orton and Batista turn just yet. Give Orton a couple of more months and he'll have a ton of heat if he turns on Trips by then. But with this fk'n brand draft thing, my wish will never come true.

Orton, Batista, Maven, Cade, Jindrack = New Evolution.

Volchok
03-16-2004, 01:17 PM
yeah have Conway go to Smackdown and fued w/ Cena for the US title... with his "frenchmen" gimmick it would be cool w/ the US title... imo...

tucsonspeed6
03-16-2004, 01:23 PM
I was saying to my girlfriend last night that no matter what they do to evolution, it'll still survive. It's like cutting up a starfish. You can cut it in half, but then the two halves start growing into whole starfish, and you end up with two starfish. If they split up evolution, as long as HHH, Flair, or Orton is on a different show from the other's he'll just start a new Evolution on his respective show, and the others on the other show will replace him soon enough. Next thing you know, HHH, Flair, Matt Morgan, and Edge run the Raw Evolution, while Orton, Batista, Matt Hardy, and Kurt Angle run the Smackdown Evolution. It'd be like starting new franchises. (Ok, maybe not all of those guys would be the right evolution material, but they're the first guys I thought of.)

Then it dawned on me that it could quite possibly (and probably will happen now that I don't want it to happen) be that Mr. Monday Night could wrestle on Thursday. Or what about Raw is Jericho? It just doesn't sound right when you say "Smackdown is Jericho"

I'm kinda inbetween with this one... I just hope they do it in a reasonably orderly fashion. At first it sounded like they were going to have a Lottery where guys just draw popsicle sticks from a hat and end up on a different show. Then they added the word draft in there and it reminded me of the big draft from a couple years ago when Flair graciously picked my Raw to be renamed "Old Farts are War" Hmm....Perhaps there is a clue there that we've missed. Does anyone think that Bischoff will be a little biased on picking old WCW guys while Heyman picks ECW guys? Old WWF and WWE guys would be wild cards in this one...

Evil Vito
03-16-2004, 01:42 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I organized some of my ideas in my study hall today at school. I have yet to read anyone else’s ideas in this thread, so if I ended up with the same idea as someone else, I apologize:

I think that the WWE should announce that to be fair, the title situations would work like this:

For example, let’s take Benoit (World Champ) and Eddie (WWE Champ).

It should work so that if Benoit ends up on Raw and Eddie on Smackdown, the titles stay the same. If Benoit ends up on Smackdown and Eddie on Raw, the titles switch shows. If they both end up on the same show, whoever was picked first keeps their belt, while the other belt is vacated and sent to the other show. This makes the lottery seem even more important.

The same situation should be applied to the 2 tag titles, as well as the IC/U.S. Title. The Cruiserweight and Women’s Titles go to whichever brand they are selected to.

First and foremost, things remain normal, as Benoit ends up on Raw and Eddie on Smackdown. Cena also gets selected to Smackdown, which sets up for the first major plot twist of the evening:

<b>Evolution</b>

Well, it’s no secret that Evolution are nervous about the possibility of them getting split up. But throughout the course of the night, their nervousness lessens, as Triple H, Ric Flair, and Batista all end up getting Raw. Orton gets egotistical, because they begin thinking that they are all going to be together on Raw. Then it’s Smackdown’s turn to draw a wrestler from the lottery, and it is…

Randy Orton.

Orton is shocked. Pissed to. And deservedly so, considering his IC Title was taken from him (read the title situations above to see why) and he’ll have none of his Evolution buddies to help him. And his night only gets worse later, as MICK FOLEY is drawn for Smackdown, meaning that Orton is forever going to have to fight his own battles against Foley.

WHAT THIS SETS UP: Orton proves to the world that he actually CAN beat Foley on his own. And also, it’s great footing for an Orton/Cena U.S. Title feud, as Orton can be made to be bitter about how because Cena was picked to Smackdown first, Orton had to relinquish his IC title when coming to Smackdown. Also, I can see Orton being the leader of his own 3-man stable, also involving Mark Jindrak and Garrison Cade (who are picked to Smackdown, obviously). Rene Dupree, the Basham Brothers, and Johnny Spade could also possibly join the stable, making it an nWo style gang, only it can be renamed something that has the acronyms “oVw”, which would be an inside joke.

<b>Other Stables</b>

I really don’t see tag teams getting split up. But instead, I see the stables getting split up. Here’s how:

La Resistance: Conway and Grenier stay on Raw and team, while Dupree goes to Smackdown (rumor has it that the WWE wants to push Dupree as a singles worker).

The FBI: Stamboli and Palumbo end up on Raw in the tag division. Nunzio remains on Smackdown to be a part of the Cruiserweight division.

Kyo Dai: Tajiri and Akio remain on Smackdown as cruiserweight competitors, while I can see Sakoda going to Raw where I believe his style will be more appreciated.

<b>Other Tag Teams</b>

The Dudley Boyz: End up on Smackdown. Spike comes along too and becomes part of the Cruiserweight division.

RVD & Booker: Bring the World Tag Titles to Smackdown.

Scotty & Rikishi: If it were up to me these guys would be canned. But since that’s not an option, they bring the WWE Tag Titles to Raw.

The APA: End up on Raw.

The World’s Greatest Tag Team: Go to Raw (mainly to help carry the division).

The Basham Brothers: Remain on Smackdown.

Lance and Val: End up on Smackdown.

Hurricane & Rosey: I see them getting split up, with Rosey on raw and Hurricane on Smackdown.

<b>Other Miscellaneous Wrestlers</b>

Shawn Michaels: Raw.

Kurt Angle: Smackdown.

Chris Jericho: Smackdown.

Edge: Raw, mainly because HHH wants him on Raw, and I’m sure they’d be more than willing to oblige.

Christian: Smackdown.

Stone Cold: Smackdown (to feud with Rene Dupree so Dupree can get over. I think the beatdown Austin gave Dupree foreshadows the eventual feud).

Kane: Raw.

Undertaker: Raw.

The Rock: No clue, although I’m pretty sure that he’s going to leave to make movies anyway.

Most of the women: Raw.

Most of the cruiserweights: Smackdown.

As for the rest of the roster, I don’t really give a shit where they go.

<b>GM Situation</b>

As much as I don’t want it to happen, I see Stephanie coming back as GM of Raw so that she and Hunter can be together.

I think that Bischoff will end up on Smackdown as GM, and he might possibly split his power with Heyman. Looking at the new Smackdown roster, it would be mostly former WCW and ECW guys, could make for some interesting angles.

Give feedback on this please.</font> :)

tucsonspeed6
03-16-2004, 03:10 PM
Better Idea on the title situation: should the two title holders be on the same show, have a match between the two at the next PPV to determine who is the true champ while the title that stays at its own show gets fought for KOTR style

Volchok
03-16-2004, 03:11 PM
i think Jericho should stay on Raw.. mainly because hes one of my favorite wrestlers and i dont get UPN plus im never home on thursday's...

MVP
03-16-2004, 03:16 PM
I think Rob Conway should go to Smackdown instead of Rene Dupree; let the real La Restistance stay together. I'd like to see Rob Conway and Orlando Jordan form a tag team, regardless of whether or not they go to Velocity.

The following wrestlers from RAW should turn heel and go to Smackdown!

RVD, possible feud with John Cena, and Eddie Guerrero
Y2J, take Brock's place and feud with Eddie Guerrero
Lance Storm, major threat on the midcard

The following wrestlers from Smackdown shold go to RAW

Undertaker, for obvious reasons plus a possible feud with Evolution
Edge, program with Triple H
Big Show, put over up and coming stars

tucsonspeed6
03-17-2004, 01:42 PM
I think Rob Conway should go to Smackdown instead of Rene Dupree; let the real La Restistance stay together. I'd like to see Rob Conway and Orlando Jordan form a tag team, regardless of whether or not they go to Velocity.

The following wrestlers from RAW should turn heel and go to Smackdown!

RVD, possible feud with John Cena, and Eddie Guerrero
Y2J, take Brock's place and feud with Eddie Guerrero
Lance Storm, major threat on the midcard

The following wrestlers from Smackdown shold go to RAW

Undertaker, for obvious reasons plus a possible feud with Evolution
Edge, program with Triple H
Big Show, put over up and coming stars

WHat if they sent Fifi over to SD all by her(him)self. The Four French Horsemen would be split up just as quick as they started.

Heel Turns:
RVD- Yes. I think he should turn heel again to refresh why people like him. I think his role as a face has been on long enough, and a face that jobs to everyone isn't right. Push him or turn him.

Y2J- NOOO! I waited so long to have him turn face again. You can't take it from me!

Lance Storm: They screw him no matter where he is. Put him in a stable and make him like a Batista of sorts.

SD to Raw:
Underseller- No. Not a chance. I hate the idea of one guy taking out an entire stable, and the deadhead would make it seem that much more difficult to watch.
Edge- Definately. He'll probably come back as a face, but I'd like to see him join Evolution.
Big Show- Only if you take some big guys off of Raw. I'll trade you a Kane for a Big Show and that snackpack...

Guys I want on Raw (Because I only watch Raw.):

Angle, Edge, Matt Hardy (already got half of him, but I want the half that wins matches to come over too.)

Joe Kerr
03-17-2004, 02:42 PM
I wanna see a hurricane push...so if that means he goes where the cruiserweights go then so be it..I dont care if he loses rosey or not.

Volchok
03-17-2004, 03:07 PM
yo i really dont care who goes where all i care is that Jericho, Orton, Batista and Kane stay on raw and Cena and UT come over to Raw too... other then that...who gives a shit...

ilt_undertaker
03-17-2004, 06:26 PM
Rev. D-Von got on my nerves.

<font color=Silver>I liked him :$ </font>

gotmilkfunb
03-17-2004, 07:56 PM
I personally think that Undertaker and Cena MUST stay on Smackdown!. Not only that, but I also think that guys such as Kane, HBK, and SCSA must show up on Smackdown! in one way or another. If Smackdown! doesn't get any star power or main event players, they are just a sinking ship ready to go down. I went to Smackdown! yesterday, and let me tell you, it wasn't pretty watching so much talent flounder around with nothing to do. You must get some main eventers on that show to push the younger guys if nothing else.

HHHsucks929
03-17-2004, 09:16 PM
Nobody should worry about champions being forced to vacate their titles. Benoit, Cena, Guerrero and Orton aren't going anywhere. And if they are, they're taking their titles with them. The only guys who are in danger are Booker T and RVD.

Here's how I'd want it:

RAW: Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Chris Benoit, Kurt Angle, Booker T, Big Show, John Cena

Smackdown!: Eddie Guerrero, Randy Orton, Chris Jericho, Undertaker, Kane, Edge, Rob Van Dam

gotmilkfunb
03-18-2004, 08:24 AM
dude, HHHsucks, I totally agree with your assesment on how the WWE should split up the roster. I think that with that roster, both shows would be about equal, and that would benefit the company greatly.

thuganomicalcrippler
03-18-2004, 11:38 AM
Can someone tell me how they did the roster draft last time round?

The Dub
03-18-2004, 12:41 PM
Can someone tell me how they did the roster draft last time round?
Each owner, at the time, took turns drafting superstars and stables, like nWo, counted as a pick. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's how it went. I know Austin was the only superstar exempt from the draft and could choose which show he wanted to be on because of some "clause" in his contract.

loopydate
03-18-2004, 12:53 PM
Each owner, at the time, took turns drafting superstars and stables, like nWo, counted as a pick. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's how it went. I know Austin was the only superstar exempt from the draft and could choose which show he wanted to be on because of some "clause" in his contract.

That's exactly right. Although, the only stables that counted in the draft were the nWo and Billy & Chuck (the Tag Team Champions at the time). The Dudleys were drafted separately. Each owner made ten (I think) draft picks, then the rest of the thirty-man rosters were decided "randomly." The APA was split up by the draw.