PDA

View Full Version : The World Ends With You

UmbrellaCorporation
05-13-2008, 07:41 PM
Anyone picked it up?

I've had it for a bit now, and I'm seriously amazed with it. Only on like day 3 or something, but even so...wow. The combat is so ridiculously fun, and the soundtrack is amazing.

I think it's the first DS game to get a 5/5 from IGN since like Mario Kart or something. Granted, I don't care about Mario Kart at all, but still. Pretty impressive.

Anyone else played it?

Dorkchop
05-13-2008, 09:55 PM
I have it, but haven't played it too much yet. I'm at the point in the game where you understand what's going on and it starts getting pretty fun.

I want more unique games on the DS.

G
05-14-2008, 08:35 AM
RPG?

Dorkchop
05-14-2008, 09:18 AM
It's not a traditional RPG. Check out Gametrailers' review of it:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33491.html

Dorkchop
07-07-2008, 12:48 AM
I stopped playing when I last posted, but I just picked this up again yesterday and I haven't been able to put it down. I'm very close to the end.

It takes a while to get really good at thr fighting, but once you do it's really fun. The Soundtrack is pretty funky too. The story reeks of teenage emo angst, but I'm really excited to finish it to see how it ends. I didn't think I'd like it so much.

This is one of the most unique games I've ever played for DS. I really hope Square Enix makes a sequel to this.

UmbrellaCorporation
07-07-2008, 01:10 AM
yeah, this game is amazing. The ending is just wow, and it's so madly addicting.

My only complaint is that in order to level up some pins, you have to mingle with other people nearby who have the game...unfortunately, I'm the only one I know of (scratch that, one other person) that has the game. you can leave it mingling by itself and have a random chance of picking up "aliens" that give so much PP per each one you find, but it takes like 8 hours to find one of them.

even so...it's amazing. love this game.