PDA

View Full Version : Spike needs to make King of Colosseum III already.

U-Warrior
05-14-2008, 07:08 PM
I am getting really impatient here.

In case you didn't know, this thread is intended for me, Mr Monday Morning, and WWKD. No one else will know what I'm on about.

What do you guys want in the sequel?

I'll say one thing. If they have 6 and 8 man tags, some form of deathmatch, and a more in-depth edit mode in terms of visuals, then I would never play Firepro R again. True story.

There is the matter of AJ and NJ's deal with Yukes. But they could just make edit templates for all of them, couldn't they? And if they can only get Noah and Zero-1, out of the big feds, I think they should put in smaller feds like dragon gate and osaka pro. Hell, given ROH's increased involvement in Japan, I could see them at least putting in templates for ROH guys.

Either way, I fucking hate spike's secrecy. They never reveal anything til like 3 months before the release.

Funky Fly
05-14-2008, 07:37 PM
What they need to do is bring this shit Stateside officially. I hate dealing with fucking imports.

U-Warrior
05-14-2008, 11:05 PM
Will never happen. KOC is more of a niche game than firepro, and has an even harder learning curve, so it's less accessible. That and previous games in the series have absolutely zero chance, because of lisencing.

What's so bad about importing?

Indifferent Clox
05-15-2008, 01:29 AM
I never imported a game.

But one time when n64 was still out me and my brother in law rented this japanese baseball game and it was so funny and we kept getting home runs every time.

redoneja
05-15-2008, 02:06 AM
A KOC III release in the States or new US Fire Pro game would be glorious.

Mr. Monday Morning
05-15-2008, 07:32 AM
Wait, is this actually being made?

Truth be told I still haven't played 2 yet, I really need to get my PS2 chipped :$

There should be a mode where you are Kobashi and you go around chopping the cancer out of people.

But yeah Dragon Gate would deffo be sweet. Danielson is a pretty regular gaijin over there now so I think he may make it in, kinda like Low Ki did before. But hopefully more ROH guys, like you said. Not Kurt fucking Angle.

U-Warrior
05-15-2008, 09:36 AM
No news yet, but it's been 4 years since the last one, and there's no reason a third won't be made. A big reason why spike originaly said Firepro Z would be the last one, was because they wantyed to move on to KOC. It is pretty much inevitable that they are going to make it. Everyone at spike is a genuine lover of puroresu.

You have to play II. So much better than red and green. No fusion crap either. Everyone on one disc.

Only thing I'm worried about is if it comes to ps3 instead of ps2. They would have no reason to make it region free. So that would mean you'd have to get a japanese ps3 to play it.

But for KOC III, I just might.

Mr. Monday Morning
05-15-2008, 10:03 AM
PS3 will get hacked someway sooner or later

#BROKEN Hasney
05-15-2008, 01:10 PM
I need this game running in an emulator. I don't own a PS2 but I did play 2 round a mates hous and loved it. If it did come to PS3, all games are region free, it's only the blu-ray movies that are region locked.

If they did make a sequel, I reckon it would come out on PS2 again, but it may get a Wii port like virtually every recent PS2 game seemingly.

U-Warrior
05-15-2008, 02:27 PM
I need this game running in an emulator. I don't own a PS2 but I did play 2 round a mates hous and loved it. If it did come to PS3, all games are region free, it's only the blu-ray movies that are region locked.

Nah, its up to the developer to make it region free or not. And the only reason they do, are for technical reasons involving games that are released globally. I don't know the specifics, but it's something like that.

Spike would have no reason to make KOC III region free. It would only bring trouble for them, given sony's policies against importing.

#BROKEN Hasney
05-15-2008, 03:26 PM
Nah, its up to the developer to make it region free or not. And the only reason they do, are for technical reasons involving games that are released globally. I don't know the specifics, but it's something like that.

Spike would have no reason to make KOC III region free. It would only bring trouble for them, given sony's policies against importing.

Every single PS3 game is region-free. They only lock certain features to regions, like some imports won't go online apparantly.

Vietnamese Crippler
05-15-2008, 03:29 PM
Man, a torrent of this game doesn't EXIST :'(

Kane Knight
05-15-2008, 03:52 PM
What they need to do is bring this shit Stateside officially. I hate dealing with fucking imports.

What he said. I think I'd enjoy the series, but I can't be arsed to import.

#BROKEN Hasney
05-15-2008, 05:30 PM
I would say mod/get HD Loader and download but:

Man, a torrent of this game doesn't EXIST :'(

What Would Kevin Do?
05-19-2008, 01:51 AM
I agree %100

First, they need to add more counters... Ifucking love the counters in KOC2, and they make matches flow amazingly well.

Hell, I'd like to see counters of counters too. I'd have them be random still too. But still, imagine you're about to put someone away with a powerbomb, but it gets countered into a hurricurrana, but you counter it back into a pin... It'd be great.

I think I'd also like to see a way to use powerballs to kick out of pins... Maybe make it one of the special skills though, so everyone can't do it. It'd make sense for some people though. I'd probably want it to use all of your remaining powerballs, except one though.

Obviously a much better CAW mode, appearance wise.

I'd also like the game to be more junior friendly. Maybe a little less clunky so juniors feel faster.

If they can't include NJPW, than please get fake guys like FPR who correspond... And please, please, put the fucking sling blade in.

Id' want them to keep the knock off themes too. The fact that the game has pretty good sounding knock offs of themes like Voodoo CHile, Scum of the Earth, Battle without Honor or Humanity, Bawitdaba, etc, makes me love it more.

More moves definitely.

I dunno, there's a ton of things I'd want to see in a new KoC...

Oh, I'd want them to bring back the Koji Cutter chokeslam counter that was in the first game too...

U-Warrior
05-19-2008, 08:40 PM
You know what I've always wanted in a game? Character specific reversals. Like a reversal that goes into a wrestler's finisher or specialty.

If any game can do it, its KOC.

And yeah, what the fuck is up with Slingblade? Tanahashi has used it forever, yet out of the 6 games he's been in, they've yet to put it in. Ridiculous.

Mr. Monday Morning
05-20-2008, 07:54 AM
You know what I've always wanted in a game? Character specific reversals. Like a reversal that goes into a wrestler's finisher or specialty.

And yeah, what the fuck is up with Slingblade? Tanahashi has used it forever, yet out of the 6 games he's been in, they've yet to put it in. Ridiculous.

In WM2000 Austin could reverse a kick into a Stunner, if I remember rightly

#BROKEN Hasney
05-20-2008, 06:12 PM
In WM2000 Austin could reverse a kick into a Stunner, if I remember rightly

Yeah, and No mercy.

They coulda gona much further with that though, like a punch could easicly become a Rock Bottom, Pliedriver/Powerbomb/Pedigree into Walls of Jericho etc.

What Would Kevin Do?
05-20-2008, 07:44 PM

I agree totally. That can sort of be done in KOC, as some reversals go into grapples (german, tiger suplex, tigerbomb, exploder, and uranage grapples I believe.. may be missing one.)

Also, the wrestle Kingdom series has the sling blade in it, and it looks good. Hell, the second one has it as a running attack, and a rebound attack for when the opponent is running. The second game also gets credit for having the his Dragon Swing move ( basically a dragon sleeper where he swings them in it and spins into a final cut.)

U-Warrior
05-20-2008, 08:07 PM
If I could take KOC's gameplay, All Star Pro Wrestling's animation and sound, Wrestle Kingdom's(360) visuals, Smackdown HCTP's appearance creation, and FPR's match types, roster, and edit mode, It would be the greatest wrestling game ever.

I don't think thats too much to ask. These companies should get on this.

U-Warrior
05-20-2008, 08:10 PM
Also, if the next game is on ps3, they'd better have photographer's and other wretlers in company tracksuits watching the match.

What Would Kevin Do?
05-21-2008, 12:49 AM
If I could take KOC's gameplay, All Star Pro Wrestling's animation and sound, Wrestle Kingdom's(360) visuals, Smackdown HCTP's appearance creation, and FPR's match types, roster, and edit mode, It would be the greatest wrestling game ever.

I don't think thats too much to ask. These companies should get on this.

Also, if the next game is on ps3, they'd better have photographer's and other wretlers in company tracksuits watching the match.

I agree with both of these posts.

I'd also like to see Wrestle Kingdom 1's "attack/no sell mter" incorporated, maybe as a special skill. For those who didn't play it, in the first Wrestle Kingdom, you could hit a second button while you attacked to add a little extra damage to the moves, or hit it while you're being attacked to take less damage/no sell. It'd be great as a special skill for someone like Kobashi.

#BROKEN Hasney
05-21-2008, 02:11 AM
Off topic a bit, but are the Wrestle Kingdom games any good?

U-Warrior
05-21-2008, 02:16 AM
It's made by yukes.

I believe they are refined versions of the Day of Reckoning engine. I don't care for it, as I prefer pure sim gameplay like KOC.

#BROKEN Hasney
05-21-2008, 02:22 AM
I like a bit of both so I'll check it out, thanks.

In other news I'm trying to get Super Fire Pro Wrestling X working on virtual console right now...

What Would Kevin Do?
05-21-2008, 02:29 AM
They have their pluses and their negatives... They're fun to play around with for a bit off and on, but I don't know if actually buying one would be worth your money. The game suffers from an asbolutely shity CAW. The second game has better gameplay than the first, but the first has a better roster. (First game has a NOAH roster too, while the second game doesn't, although it does have a good legend's roster.)

What Would Kevin Do?
05-21-2008, 02:33 AM
One thing I loved about Wrestle Kingdom 2 is that they went out of their way to animate specials for people. Like three people in the game do a version of a sitdown tombstone, and all three are animated differently to how the people do them IRL.

U-Warrior
05-24-2008, 01:08 AM
One thing they need to do, is change the offensive/defensive stats, so you can have longer matches.

Yeah you can do it yourself, but doing the 2up/2down thing on every slot for every wrestler is a pain in the ass.