PDA

View Full Version : Wierd rumors I've heard

Rollermacka
05-20-2008, 09:06 PM
I was reading on some "past rumors" in a wrestling magizine and was wondering if anyone could prove that any of these are true

1. Tommy Dreamer wanted to go his entire ECW career without winning the ECW Heavyweight Championship.

I want to say I remember him saying something in an ECW book about how he didnt wanna win the title from Tazz that night and only did it so if he lost the title that same night. Isnt he like a 20 something time WWE Hardcore Champ? How could he take that belt so many times and not wanna win an actual title that ment something.

2. After Marty Jenety was saved by Shawn Micheals durring that "Masterlock Challenge" it was planned that they would have a Rockers reunion and hire Jannetty back full time, but he no showed on Raw and Vince decieded to go gp woth a DX reunion insted.

I remember him getting a match teaming with Shawn and comentary on "how good Jannetty still looks in the ring" but I didnt think that it'd be that big of a thing. Next Raw Jannetty failed the Masterlock challenge and Shawn came out and saved him. The next week is when HHH saved Shawn from the Spirit Squad and it became a DX runion a month later. Maybe it was supose to be Jannetty to save Shawn that night?

3. The "Vince limo death" storyline wasnt supose to be a faked death but was cut short because of the real life murder of Benoit's family.

I remeber there being an "investigation" the next night into who killed Vice and them talkin about finding "other DNA" in the limo wreckage, but then the Benoit tragety happened he quickly came back to Raw and stated that he "faked his own death". Was that actually planned to happen that way or was it gonna be a "Who killed Vince?" storyline that never was played out?

Avenger
05-20-2008, 09:09 PM
All of those things are true and false at the same time.

KingofOldSchool
05-20-2008, 09:09 PM
No one knows if rumors are actually true or they wouldn't be rumors.

Rollermacka
05-20-2008, 09:17 PM
No one knows if rumors are actually true or they wouldn't be rumors.

Well, I was hoping that someone knew something that could prove these rumors as facts but I get what your saying.

HeartBreakMan2k
05-20-2008, 09:39 PM
The Dreamer thing is because the ECW title was Tommy being the underdog throughout his entire ECW career. The hardcore title on the otherhand was right up his alley.

HeartBreakMan2k
05-20-2008, 09:40 PM
It didn't fit with Tommy's character to be a world champion, but did to be a low card hardcore champion basically.

ozzman6669
05-20-2008, 09:44 PM
For Jannety it was his probation officer that refuse to let him travel with WWE.

Gertner
05-20-2008, 10:01 PM
I heard the Office got mad at Jannety because he was laughing when he had to kiss McMahon's ass in the ring and that's why he was let go.

HeartBreakMan2k
05-20-2008, 10:06 PM
I heard it was cause Marty actually had the nerve to spit instead of swallow for Vince.

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2008, 10:53 PM
I think the Tommy Dreamer thing is true. He didn't feel that his character was right for the ECW Championship, and he only agreed to win the ECW Title because he had to. That is selfless dedication to your character, right there. I think I have heard Tommy himself talk about that incident, so I would concede that it is true.

The others are all based in reality, I think, but who knows.