You can list honorable mentions but be a man and give a top 5 you faggot bitch

mitchables
05-23-2008, 04:01 AM
1. Last Exit to Springfield
2. Homie the Clown
3. Cape Feare
4. Homer Goes To College
5. Krusty Gets Kancelled

Honorable mentions to Deep Space Homer, The Twisted World of Marge Simpson, Marge Vs. The Monorail and Sweet Seymour Skinner's Badasssss Song.

ct2k
05-23-2008, 11:10 AM
Homer Goes to College
Homie the Clown
You Only Move Twice
Homer The Great
King-Size Homer

Mr. Monday Morning
05-23-2008, 11:16 AM
Homer The Heretic
Treehouse V
Rosebud
22 Short Films
You Only Move Twice

Honorable mentions to basically most stuff from S3-5. Complete genius.

ct2k
05-23-2008, 11:25 AM
What would y'all consider the 'golden era' then?

Personally its 3-8 for me, although there were immense episodes later, I think thats when it was at its peak.

Mr. Monday Morning
05-23-2008, 11:26 AM
That basically is it yeah. Whichever season it is that starts with the episode where Homer wants to be Thomas Edison, that was the beginning of the end as far as greatness.

ct2k
05-23-2008, 11:53 AM
I think the Ricky Gervais episode was probably the complete rock bottom, really really awful

Rob
05-23-2008, 12:23 PM
Dunno their names...

1 - Homer and Bart bootlegging
2 - Max Power one
3 - Thomas Edison

4 and 5 to be names later.

The Destroyer
05-23-2008, 01:32 PM
I think there's far, far worse than the Gervais episode out there. As for mine:

Homer At The Bat
$pringfield (Or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love Legalised Gambling)
Homer Badman
Last Exit To Springfield
You Only Move Twice

Savio
05-23-2008, 08:40 PM
I thought the one where bart mooned the flag was the worst

mitchables
05-23-2008, 09:00 PM
Kill The Alligator and Run or All Singing, All Dancing rank among the bottom for me :-\

But for the golden era, there is not an episode in the entire season 4 to 8 stretch that is not classic. Those years were the creme de la creme of all things Simpsonian.

Mr. Nerfect
05-23-2008, 09:02 PM
The one were Marge got breast implants was pretty awful. Out of all the characters, I think Marge has taken the biggest hit. Actually, they have all lost what made them so great in the first place.

My top five could rotate at any time. It's really hard to come up with my five favourite from the top of my head. But here goes:

Homer at the Bat
Overrated, I think, as many consider it the best ever, but the older I get, the more and more I appreciate it. A lot of great little moments that add up to some tasty satire.

Marge vs. The Monorail
Leonard Nimoy's guest appearance in this episode is probably my favourite case of a celebrity playing themselves ever. "It looks like my work here is done." "But you didn't do anything." "Didn't I?" Plus, it was written by Conan O'Brien.

Cape Feare
Sideshow Bob stepping on rakes in an iconic moment in television history. That is all.

And I can't be bothered looking up the titles, but I loved the episode that told the origin of Lisa's saxophone, Maggie being born ("Mom, make dad tell the story right!" "That's what really happened." "Oh."), and the one where Bleeding Gums Murphy died, just for the ending. Also worth mentioning are Bart shoplifting, 30 Minutes Over Tokyo and Bart vs. Australia.

Mr. Nerfect
05-23-2008, 09:03 PM
Oh shit, forgot You Only Move Twice and Homie the Clown (which has grown on me with age).

mitchables
05-23-2008, 09:12 PM
Marge Be Not Proud, I forgot that one too. Amazing :'( Detective Don Brodka, uh-huh, that's right.

Actually, that's a good example of a nice, well-rounded, classic Simpsons episode. It is hilarious throughout, but the core of it is this really sweet story about Bart and Marge and I dunno, I find it emotionally and intellectually engaging as well as just being funny, which was a nice, frequent characteristic during the s4 (okay, maybe even late s3) to s8 period.

Supreme Olajuwon
05-24-2008, 03:45 AM
I didn't care for Marge Be Not Proud. Probably my 2nd least favorite episode from Season 7 just in front of Scenes From the Class Struggle in Springfield.

Supreme Olajuwon
05-24-2008, 03:51 AM
Also I never understood what people have against Season 9. They always say the golden era stopped at Season 8 but Season 9 is fantastic. New York episode, Homer gets a gun episode, Angel fossil episode, Movementarian episode, Krusty standup episode, Trillion dollar bill episode, Trash commissioner episode, Power Sauce episode. All classics.

DrA
05-24-2008, 04:27 AM
oooooooooh this is hard but I will give it my best shot. I don't think I can make this into an absolute list.

Summer of 4 Ft. 2
Separate Vocations
I Love Lisa
Bart the Daredevil
A Fish Called Selma

I just looked at a list of episodes and those are the ones that appealed to me at this moment. There may be other episodes that I really like, but didn't list because I've watched them a bajillion times on DVD lately and am tired of them.

mitchables
05-24-2008, 11:05 AM
Also I never understood what people have against Season 9. They always say the golden era stopped at Season 8 but Season 9 is fantastic. New York episode, Homer gets a gun episode, Angel fossil episode, Movementarian episode, Krusty standup episode, Trillion dollar bill episode, Trash commissioner episode, Power Sauce episode. All classics.

It's not that season 9 is bad, it's just the first season when there's a noticeable wavering in quality, because there were some great episodes that season, but there were also some pretty poor ones. :$

Jeritron
05-26-2008, 01:07 AM
Kamp Krusty is prob the best

weather vane
05-26-2008, 01:09 AM
Homer At The Bat is the best.

Lock Jaw
05-26-2008, 02:01 AM
Can't be bothered to make a list, but one I like is the one where Homer confuses Mr. Burns for an alien.

MCEazy
06-01-2008, 02:37 PM
Mr. Plow
Homer's Barbershop Quartet
Raging Abe Simpson and His Grumbling Grandson
in "The Curse of the Flying Hellfish
You Only Move Twice
Weekend at Burnsie’s

Gone Mad
06-02-2008, 09:38 PM
Love too many episodes so it was kinda hard. In no order whatsoever...

Homer Goes To College
Marge vs. The Monorail
Homer At The Bat
$PRINGFIELD
Last Exit To Springfield

Skippord
06-03-2008, 05:03 AM
The Simpsons Spin Off Showcase
You Only Move Twice
Lemon Of Troy
Cape Feare
El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer (The Mysterious Voyage of Homer)

Skippord
06-03-2008, 05:04 AM
also I say the worst episode was the 24 parody

Juan
06-03-2008, 05:26 AM
All of season 5. :y:

BigDaddyCool
06-03-2008, 10:44 AM
The best is the Tree House of Horror where Homer goes back in time with the toaster and they make fun of the Shining.

Chuck Jones
06-03-2008, 12:38 PM
1.Radioactive Man
2.Mother Simpson (saddest ending ever)
3.Homer's Enemy
4.The Cartridge Family
5. You Only Move Twice

Just off the top of my head.

mitchables
06-03-2008, 08:04 PM
2.Mother Simpson (saddest ending ever)

Just off the top of my head.

Commercial television RUINED that ending, too. It was beautifully done, with Homer sitting on the hood of his car, looking at the sky. I dunno, for The Simpsons, it was a really sweetly done conclusion to the episode, and then somewhere around the 1999-2001 period TV started doing that thing where it squishes the credits to half-screen and starts loudly advertising whatever's coming up over whatever is playing on the other show, so it pretty much removes any and all atmospheric effect that was present and completely destroys the moment.

WAY TO GO, CHANNEL TEN.

MCEazy
06-03-2008, 08:11 PM
shit i forgot to give honorable mention to: Lisa on Ice, Treehouse of Horror IV, Kamp Krusty and Bart the Murderer.

BigDaddyCool
06-05-2008, 09:26 AM
I'm just saying I live my life by the Tree House of Horror. "Stupid bug, you go squish now."

Supreme Olajuwon
06-06-2008, 12:07 AM
best part is when he sits on the fish

I wish I wish I didn't kill that fish