PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Angle vs. AJ Styles *Spoilers Still?*

Super V
05-23-2008, 09:52 PM
I am gonna love the backwards reaction they're gonna get from the audience in this feud. How easy is it gonna be for people to boo the shit outta AJ Styles here?

In the second KOTM qualfier, Booker T was able to beat AJ Styles after Tomko cost AJ the bout. The big news came after the match, as Tomko, Booker and Team 3D attempted to annihilate Styles. Karen Angle tried to help AJ, eventually bringing out her estranged husband Kurt Angle to chase off his attackers. However, after Kurt saw Karen holding AJ in her arms, the Olympic gold medalist instead joined in on the attack on The Phenomenal One to end the broadcast! Earlier in the night, Karen turned down Kurt's pleas to come home - and Kurt apparently snapped when he saw Karen with AJ and assumed they have been seeing each other.

The One
05-23-2008, 10:12 PM
If you've been watching, you'd notice that the crowd chants "Karen Styles" and during the Karen/Kurt thinkg earlier they chanted "Don't Take Him Back!"

Trust me, AJ will be face, Kurt will be heel. Doesn't matter that Styles is basically taking his wife away and spliting up a family...cause...well...they didn't book it to matter.

Super V
05-23-2008, 10:15 PM
Oh. My mistake then, well so far anyway. I just assume TNA fans would be anti-women (well, just cause) and since AJ Styles has been this annoying ass idiot lately that they'd be behind Kurt.

The One
05-23-2008, 11:12 PM
AJ has slowly worked back into being baby. TNA fans LOVE the women. Hell, Awesome Kong, ODB, Gail Kim and Karen Angle continue to get some of the best pops of the night. Meanwhile Kurt is saying it's the TNA Title first, his Olympic gold medal second, the kids third, and Karen fourth. Not to mention that her place is behind him or opening doors for him.

Yeah it's the same old worn out male shovenist (sp?) thing we've seen hundreds of times. The fans will back the pretty face with huge tits.

Fox
05-23-2008, 11:39 PM
The match, if given the proper time and billing on the card, will be amazing.

Shadow
05-24-2008, 12:21 AM
Also...it's AJ freaking Styles. The only way he's gonna get booed is if he's actually booked as a heel or is punting kittens into the crowd.

Mister Sinister
05-24-2008, 03:14 AM
Also...it's AJ freaking Styles. The only way he's gonna get booed is if he's actually booked as a heel or is punting kittens into the crowd.

Even then I would cheer for him

6to1
05-24-2008, 09:48 AM
Even then I would cheer for him

yea aj sucks as a heel he should always be a face

Mr. Nerfect
05-25-2008, 05:49 PM
I think AJ actually makes a good cocky arrogant character, but not in a heel sense. Just in the sense that it adds flavour to his personality, which he so desperately needs.

And yeah, the fans will be backing AJ in this, although Angle does get cheered. The TNA fans respect him, but we're not going to see Styles shat on because he's against the greatness of Angle. Both guys will probably get chants and the like.

Angle's promo asking Karen to come back was perfect in the sense that Kurt expected it to work. It actually showed that Angle has a goofy and limited understanding of women. Everyone talks about how great serious Kurt is lately, but I still loves me some goofy, awkward Kurt.

Mr. Nerfect
05-25-2008, 05:50 PM
Also, I might order Slammiversary just for Angle vs. AJ alone. That match will probably be better than Angle and Mysterio's various bouts. I'm looking forward to it.