PDA

View Full Version : Current Possible Money Feuds...

Xero
05-24-2008, 04:25 PM
In the WWE, with the current landscape and within the current brands' rosters (no interbrand), what are the money feuds that would likely create at least some buzz? Are there any?

Same for TNA.

thedamndest
05-24-2008, 04:37 PM
Maybe Kennedy/Jericho.
JBL/HBK could be money - Wrestling God vs. Actual God

Smackdown/ECW...there is no money to be made on these shows.

KingofOldSchool
05-24-2008, 06:52 PM
CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy

The One
05-24-2008, 08:13 PM
I always thought there was a lot of money to be made in RVD/Punk...I guess it could also work between Punk and Hardy, the problem is that between the two of them there's about as much mic ability as a child.

JH
05-24-2008, 09:08 PM
kennedy/triple h
umaga/undertaker
edge/jericho
morrison/hbk
j.hardy/punk
m.hardy/orton
mvp/benjamin--if it was done right

tna
jarrett/angle
joe/daniels/aj
booker/sting
lax/machine guns
kaz/lethal

Porcupine
05-24-2008, 09:22 PM
Batista/Cena

Indifferent Clox
05-24-2008, 09:51 PM
CM Punk is great on the Mic as a heel. WTF are you talking about the one?

The One
05-24-2008, 10:05 PM
I don't count what people have done on the indie scene as to what they're capable of on the big stage. For one, on the big stage you need to be able to fallow a script, on indies they let you run free style. For two, I've seen one too many people tear ass in local shows only to freeze once they hit a national audience. And since showing up in WWE, CM Punk has displayed next to zero mic ability.

Mr. Nerfect
05-24-2008, 10:29 PM
I don't count what people have done on the indie scene as to what they're capable of on the big stage. For one, on the big stage you need to be able to fallow a script, on indies they let you run free style. For two, I've seen one too many people tear ass in local shows only to freeze once they hit a national audience. And since showing up in WWE, CM Punk has displayed next to zero mic ability.

Do you think CM Punk has had ample opportunity to display mic skills? I'm actually asking, as a lot of people feel he doesn't get the chance to say anything. He's always sounded confident to me, whenever he has had the chance to talk, but he is playing a lame babyface character. During a feud with Jeff Hardy, things would probably come alive. He'd be playing a better character, with motivation, and Jeff is so shit Punk would probably get even more of a confidence boost and desire to carry the mic side of the program.

I think Mick Foley could make something work. His pops have been dying down, sure, but that's because he hasn't really done much of anything. Put the guy in a feud sometime, and put a mic in his hand. Mick Foley vs. Umaga could be gold. Also, a program with John Morrison would get a lot of people foaming. The SmackDown! color commentary position could be used to spark Mick Foley vs. JBL, too.

Back to CM Punk for a bit, I'd love to see The Hardy Boyz vs. The Second City Saints. For a tag team feud, I think it could draw. CM Punk as his anti-drug self, ripping on Jeff Hardy a lot; Colt Cabana being the funny man and the back-up. They'd technically be the heels, but I can see fans cheering them a fair bit. John Morrison & The Miz vs. Paul London & Brian Kendrick could be another great tag team feud. The matches would be sweet, and hopefully London & Kendrick would be allowed to show some personality.

Mr. Nerfect
05-24-2008, 10:31 PM
I was just thinking the other day, even though I'm not big on either guy, Triple H vs. The Undertaker under his current gimmick, would be a fresh match-up that would get fans excited, I think. Move Taker to RAW and let them battle over the WWE Championship. That could go fairly well. My brain is also telling me that Shawn Michaels vs. Big Show could be a relative draw, too, even though I have no real particular desire to see the match.

Porcupine
05-24-2008, 10:59 PM
I was just thinking the other day, even though I'm not big on either guy, Triple H vs. The Undertaker under his current gimmick, would be a fresh match-up that would get fans excited, I think. Move Taker to RAW and let them battle over the WWE Championship. That could go fairly well. My brain is also telling me that Shawn Michaels vs. Big Show could be a relative draw, too, even though I have no real particular desire to see the match.

Good idea on Show/HBK.

I was thinking about how HHH/Taker would be interesting to do again but now with Taker turning heel and going to RAW.

:y:

Mr. Nerfect
05-25-2008, 05:31 PM
Good idea on Show/HBK.

I was thinking about how HHH/Taker would be interesting to do again but now with Taker turning heel and going to RAW.

:y:

I could see HBK/Show working one of two ways:

The first is that HBK is a slimy cock, who hits Show with steel chairs, low blows, and bails all the time. Hopefully that leads to the fans wanting Big Show to get Michaels cornered, and mark out when he plants Shawn with a Chokeslam. The problem is getting the fans to actually boo HBK against Show, but I guess I just like the idea of heel HBK.

The most logical and easier way to book the feud: Asshole Big Show tears HBK apart, and we get David vs. Goliath, with a David that would probably play David better than any other, and a Goliath that is actually entertaining.

With Triple H vs. The Undertaker, I think a feud between them would lend itself to Triple H playing the more natural heel, character-wise. I could see Taker being the dominant one in their matches, though. Sort of like they both add more heelish tinges to their characters for a one-on-one feud.

Mr. Nerfect
05-25-2008, 05:35 PM
Chavo Guerrero and money feud don't really go together, but if the WWE ever gets their shit together with the guy, I'd love to see him feud with so many main event guys. Triple H vs. Chavo Guerrero, Shawn Michaels vs. Chavo Guerrero, Big Show vs. Chavo Guerrero, Chris Jericho vs. Chavo Guerrero...they all just seem fresh and like they would work to me. If not from a financial standpoint, at least from a potentially creative one.

Fox
05-25-2008, 06:25 PM
You're living in a dream world, Noid.

Realistically, the big money feuds that still exist are John Cena vs. Batista and possibly John Cena vs. Undertaker. Everything else has been done. The only way something like Punk vs. Jeff Hardy would be a "money feud" is if they elevated both men to the status of guys like Triple H and Undertaker today, but I don't think they're going to do that. Edge isn't even "there" yet, and they've been building him for years.

The Rock or Steve Austin could come back and have money feuds with any number of main event guys today, but I doubt it will ever happen.

thedamndest
05-25-2008, 08:00 PM
Xero clearly said these feuds should not be interbrand. Half of these suggestions=fail.

Xero
05-25-2008, 08:24 PM
Funny thing is, I explicitly tried to word it that way because I knew people wouldn't get it otherwise.

KingofOldSchool
05-25-2008, 08:34 PM
You're living in a dream world, Noid.

Realistically, the big money feuds that still exist are John Cena vs. Batista and possibly John Cena vs. Undertaker. Everything else has been done. The only way something like Punk vs. Jeff Hardy would be a "money feud" is if they elevated both men to the status of guys like Triple H and Undertaker today, but I don't think they're going to do that. Edge isn't even "there" yet, and they've been building him for years.

The Rock or Steve Austin could come back and have money feuds with any number of main event guys today, but I doubt it will ever happen.

I think you're missing the fact that even Upper-midcard feuds can draw money.

Your main event is only as good as your undercard. So guys like Hardy, Punk, MVP, etc. do not have to be at a Rock/Austin level, but can still draw if they are given something strong to sink their teeth into.

A Punk/J. Hardy feud would be a perfect upper midcard feud which would be loosely based off of real life events. Punk gets tired of the fans constantly supporting a guy who can't stop his drug addiction and thus fucking up every opportunity that is given to him while he's been stuck on ECW busting his ass every week for nothing.

It's a simple, effective storyline that builds on real life events without insulting the fans intelligence. And it's a kind of feud that does not need to involve a title and both guys could put on great matches with each other.

Also, a babyface Edge could feud with MVP down the road.

KingofOldSchool
05-25-2008, 08:36 PM
Xero clearly said these feuds should not be interbrand. Half of these suggestions=fail.

Meh ECW is moving to Raw and are suppose to intermingle with the Raw guys so my suggestion is valid.

Mr. Nerfect
05-26-2008, 12:56 AM
The WWE doesn't stick to its roster split. Everyone turns up wherever. Putting that restriction on ideas is pretty silly.

Heyman
05-26-2008, 02:19 AM
In the WWE, with the current landscape and within the current brands' rosters (no interbrand), what are the money feuds that would likely create at least some buzz? Are there any?

Same for TNA.

-John Cena vs. Undertaker leading up to next year's Wrestlemania would create some buzz IMO

-Although this should have been done year's ago (when they were both at the peaks of their popularity), John Cena vs. Dave Batista may still hold some interest.

-John Cena vs. The Rock, Hulk Hogan, or Stone Cold Steve Austin would create major fan interest IMO.

I still think the WWE's "money" still lies in Cena. However - they need to feed Cena some top-tier opponents....ones of which that Cena has never faced before. Undertaker, Batista, and a well built-up face-Kennedy could be golden feuds.

-The WWE would also GREATLY benefit in having a "dominant" heel stable in my opinion. Historically, ratings have always been at its highest when a dominant heel stable was in charge (with worthy faces opposing the stable).

-4 Horsemen
-nWo
-Degeneration X
-The Corporation
-The Corporate Ministry
-McMahon-Helmsley Faction
-The Alliance
-Evolution

and so forth.....

Personally - I'd like to see Dave Batista make a shocking heel turn and form an interbrand heell alliance with either John Cena (who also turns heel) or Randy Orton. Just get people talking again. The "gist" behind this, is that this alliance would ensure that both men would be world champs on their respective shows.

Theo Dious
05-26-2008, 01:13 PM
I'm not sure what show Batista is actually on, but I think they're sitting on a good Batista vs Orton feud, that will take advantage of their Evolution days. It woudl be pretty interesting to see semi-heel Batista and Orton both trying to prove to HHH that they're his star pupil. Alternatively, Orton and Batista could unite to take on DX.

Also, Heyman, given his recent actions with Michaels, I don't think a Batista heel turn would be all that shocking.

Heyman
05-26-2008, 05:48 PM
Also, Heyman, given his recent actions with Michaels, I don't think a Batista heel turn would be all that shocking.

To be honest, I haven't been following Michaels/Batista (or the WWE for that matter) all that much.

Even if a Batista heel turn wouldn't be that shocking, I still think it would be a cool move on the WWE's part if they did that.

ECW One Night Stand for instance, have Batista unexpectedly come out and power bomb Triple H. Orton gets the pin. Batista raises his hand. Have Orton help Batista (finally) defeat the Undertaker.

SOMETHING DIFFERENT.

Personally - I'd rather see John Cena make the "shocking" heel turn (I think the fans would eat it up more), but still....give us something.