PDA

View Full Version : So ummm Abyss...*Impact Spoilers*

KingofOldSchool
05-24-2008, 06:54 PM
Are they making him an EXXXTREME version of CM Punk?

"I'm drug and alcohol free, my only addiction is...PAIN!"

Kenny
05-24-2008, 07:10 PM
I'm somewhat hyped about the angle.

The only thing that bothers me about it is... Well, we all know wrestling is scripted. But I thought that they were at least supposed to make it seem like it's not scripted. Here's the deal...

A guy who has an addiction to torturing people, and just can't get enough of blood and pain... admits himself to the psych ward. Okay... I can buy that. I do it all the time for the same reason.

So they allow cameras in for an interview based on his good behavior. I can still buy that.

Then, he openly admits he's fooled the doctors and that he hasn't gotten better; and they air the video on national television; yet he's still getting out soon. Now we're crossing the line.

Kenny
05-24-2008, 07:12 PM
Now we're crossing the line.

JUST When I posted that, I finally understood those TNA "Cross the Line" commercials. perfect.

Mr. Nerfect
05-24-2008, 10:34 PM
I'm kind of disappointed where the character is going. I mean, the videos are pretty poorly written.

What I think they should be doing, is inverting the characters' motivations. "I used to love getting hurt; now I want to hurt others," "I never used to care about championships; but now I want to be World Heavyweight Champion again," "I used to want to please the fans, and my father; but now I am in it for myself." Stretch out those ideas a bit, and basically turn Abyss into a driven and focused character.

We're getting the same old ambiguous asylum character.

Theo Dious
05-24-2008, 11:45 PM
Then, he openly admits he's fooled the doctors and that he hasn't gotten better; and they air the video on national television; yet he's still getting out soon. Now we're crossing the line.

That's totally consistent with TNA. Nobody watches it... why should we expect his doctors to?