PDA

View Full Version : Heat between Dave Mercy and 1PW??

Super V
05-29-2008, 08:35 AM
He's states before how he loathes 1PW.

Anyone know the story behind this?

The Mackem
05-29-2008, 09:21 AM
Yeah it's deep rooted

Dave Mercy was never a fan of the indy promotion being big on indy stars mentality that they had and the fact that they didn't showcase UK talent as much. Also, don't mention Tanaka/Joe, it angers him badly. He didn't like when they went 'bankrupt'.

Super V
05-29-2008, 10:03 AM
Perhaps one day a Dave Mercy vs. Daniel Edler feud will draw.

Impact!
05-29-2008, 11:23 AM
What happened with Masato Tanaka/Samoa Joe

Dave Youell
05-29-2008, 11:30 AM
LOL!!

I’m speaking purely as a fan, not a worker, never wrestled for them, know a few guys who have/do…

I don’t like the way that they tried to copy the FWA model by paying over the odds for US talent putting on US indy shows and still refer to themselves as british, because, as soon at they started to run out of money, they used more and more brit guys and then went ‘out of business’ within weeks they were running again, they owed guys lots of cash, got round it somehow and now run smaller shows with more Brit talent, which I have no problem with.

I travelled up to see one of there shows, based purely on seeing Tanaka vs Joe, I got to see 2 minutes of a back and forth strike fest, then Joe got taken out by Steve Corino and then it was Corino/Tanaka, I’m not a huge Corino fan, so I felt ripped off.

Also it didn’t like the overall product or the matches, they all should have been a lot better, but the talent didn’t seem to give a rats ass.

So in conclusion, Dave Mercy the wrestler has no comment on 1pw, Dave Youell the wrestling fan used to have issues with them. Now they are hardly on his radar

The One
05-29-2008, 11:38 AM
Da\/3 M3rcy iz da shizzzznit!

Rob
05-29-2008, 12:29 PM
I don’t like the way that they tried to copy the FWA model by paying over the odds for US talent putting on US indy shows and still refer to themselves as british, because, as soon at they started to run out of money, they used more and more brit guys and then went ‘out of business’ within weeks they were running again, they owed guys lots of cash, got round it somehow and now run smaller shows with more Brit talent, which I have no problem with.

I travelled up to see one of there shows, based purely on seeing Tanaka vs Joe, I got to see 2 minutes of a back and forth strike fest, then Joe got taken out by Steve Corino and then it was Corino/Tanaka, I’m not a huge Corino fan, so I felt ripped off.

Welcome to the pro wrestling business pal.

Super V
05-29-2008, 01:54 PM
LOL!!

I’m speaking purely as a fan, not a worker, never wrestled for them, know a few guys who have/do…

Also it didn’t like the overall product or the matches, they all should have been a lot better, but the talent didn’t seem to give a rats ass.

So in conclusion, Dave Mercy the wrestler has no comment on 1pw, Dave Youell the wrestling fan used to have issues with them. Now they are hardly on his radar

Worthy of an RF Video Shoot. :)

Disturbed316
05-29-2008, 02:03 PM
Got one of their shows on dvd, ended up being more of a play about between the wrestlers rather than putting on a proper show.