PDA

View Full Version : Games that have beaten you

thedamndest
05-31-2008, 11:11 AM
Battletoads - NES - never got past level three with the cars

Myst - I wish I knew what the hell was so great about this game, or even how you play it

Castlevania 2 - The trading system in towns are more aggravating than Dracula

Fox
05-31-2008, 03:57 PM
Banjo-Kazooie - that fucking blue egg at the end had me beat because I didn't want to wait for the sequel to learn what it was, and when the sequel did come out, I didn't play it. Fuck heads making me wait 2 years to "solve the mystery."

BigDaddyCool
05-31-2008, 05:09 PM
Riven and Myst both. I had no idea what was going on. And there was this other game...um, Qin, it was the same as Myst only in China. No clue as to what was going on or what the point was. It is hard to beat a game when you don't know the goal. In fact, fuck all of those first gen cd-rom games. Oh the graphics are so kewl. No they aren't, fuck them.

Oh, and Super Mario brothers, never beat it without cheating.

BigDaddyCool
05-31-2008, 05:11 PM
Oh, and NBA Jam or NFL Blitz in arcades. I always figured they were rigged. I would get a commanding lead, then in a minutes till the quarter of half was over, the other team would strip me of the ball and get a million points and while my guys wouldn't move. Bastards.

road doggy dogg
05-31-2008, 05:23 PM
BATTLETOADS YEAH

Also the first TMNT was a rough one and "beat me" for a while before I finally tackled it.
crossrine

OssMan
05-31-2008, 06:52 PM
Battletoads is impossible

Ninja Gaiden, cause of level 6, but I save stated my way through it, I wouldn't have beaten it without save states :o

Original Mega Man

Little Samson - I have been stuck on this one boss forever, I dunno, he is some skeleton thing

Gone Mad
05-31-2008, 06:58 PM
Ugh, Myst. Don't get me started. Beat it on the Saturn and was the BIGGEST WASTE OF MY TIME. The ending is the world you just roamed through, you can roam it again. And you get to see a guy reading a book! WOW!

For me, it was Batman on the NES. Fun, but just impossible. That and the original TMNT and Iron Sword. Basically, most of my NES collection has beaten me.

Honorable mention is Ghouls N Ghosts games since I tried it once and never again.

thedamndest
05-31-2008, 07:39 PM
Wow, good call on Iron Sword. Wizards and Warriors was hard, but beatable, Iron Sword not so much.

Super C was impossible without Game Genie.

The Seventh Guest was probably beatable but I think I got tired of it or forgot where I was and just stopped playing it...I think it's in my basement maybe I should play that shit.

Mayo
05-31-2008, 09:13 PM
Ninja Gaiden was definitely hard as hell.

Also, Silent Hill for PS1, I didn't have this one certain gun so went I went to the last boss I had no way of beating them without it, gay.

Funky Fly
05-31-2008, 11:00 PM
Battletoads in Battlemaniacs. I actually got past the seadoo stage a couple of times, but the next level is fucking impossible.

Funky Fly
05-31-2008, 11:01 PM
Fuckin' Combat Amphibians.

Rammsteinmad
06-01-2008, 02:48 AM
I'm pretty sure there's a few but there's one that always sticks in my mind: The Simpsons: Bart VS the Space Mutants for the Sega Master System. I had that game for like 10 years and could never figure out how to get past the barricade at the end of the first level. :mad:

http://media.gamestats.com/gg/image/object/006/006073/simpsonsskbfrontboxart_160w.jpg

El Fangel
06-01-2008, 02:52 AM
X-Men: Mutant Academy for PS1, Because Magneto is a cheap little bitch

Mortal Kombat 2 - Could never beat the end boss.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-01-2008, 03:01 AM
I'm pretty sure there's a few but there's one that always sticks in my mind: The Simpsons: Bart VS the Space Mutants for the Sega Master System. I had that game for like 10 years and could never figure out how to get past the barricade at the end of the first level. :mad:

http://media.gamestats.com/gg/image/object/006/006073/simpsonsskbfrontboxart_160w.jpg

You need to have completed all the goals at that point and then Nelson appears instead of the barricade.

I know what you mean though, that game was fuckng cheap.

Indifferent Clox
06-01-2008, 03:03 AM
lol the internet makes all games solvable

Juan
06-01-2008, 04:16 AM
http://media.strategywiki.org/images/thumb/4/4e/Mario's_Time_Machine_SNES_Boxart.jpg/250px-Mario's_Time_Machine_SNES_Boxart.jpg

Funky Fly
06-02-2008, 01:17 AM
Oh yeah, Bart's Nightmare on the SNES. Fuckin Temple of Maggie is impossible.

Xerzes
06-02-2008, 04:06 AM
Temple of Maggie is possible, but requires a significant feat of memorization. What was impossible was that damn Bartzilla level, where your attacks all suck and little tanks and planes slowly whittle you away until you're dead.

Battletoads, obviously. Impossible.

Skate or Die 2. Never could figure out the layout of the last level. Still bothrs me fifteen or so years later.

Skippord
06-02-2008, 04:12 AM
Mike Tyson's Punch Out

well it wasnt so much the game as Mike Tyson beating me up

El Fangel
06-02-2008, 04:37 AM
Zombies Ate My Neighbors, around level 46 or so I could never ever finish.

Rammsteinmad
06-02-2008, 04:47 AM
There was also a game called Scramble Spirits which I found impossible. Come to think of it, pretty much every game that couldn't be saved was a pain in the ass.

MCEazy
06-02-2008, 02:29 PM
I'd say fuking Alma from ninja gaiden, it literary took me 36 tries to beat her the first time, as well alot of the later mission mode levels from NG Black were damn impossible to beat.

Y2Ant
06-03-2008, 07:48 PM
Oh yeah, Bart's Nightmare on the SNES. Fuckin Temple of Maggie is impossible.

That game makes me sick.

Virtual Bart wasn't much easier, either.

El Fangel
06-03-2008, 11:08 PM
FFX - Seymour
Legend of Dragoon - Lloyds Girl

Nuff said

Juan
06-03-2008, 11:26 PM
Here's another one...

http://www.theoldcomputer.com/Libarary's/Pictures/NESGameCovers/Home%20Alone%201.jpg

But to be fair, I was around 8 years old the last time I played it.

thedamndest
06-03-2008, 11:33 PM
I beat Home Alone like once after millions of tries and then it was completely not fun anymore. 20 minutes is a long time to ask a kid to play a fucking game.

U-Warrior
06-04-2008, 12:29 AM
Original TMNT- Game was ridiculous. So many flaws. Biggest is that you die from falling in water. And you are a turtle. wtf

Ninja Gaiden(nes)- The last few bosses are just absolutely ridiculous, starting with that bloody marth guy, you fight in those ruins. Got to the final boss once, and it raped me.

Spider-man and The X-men: Arcade's Revenge- AVGN needs to cover this game. Thats all I'm gonna say about that.

Wolverine(nes)- could never get past level 8. Retardedly hard game.

McLegend
06-04-2008, 12:47 AM
Majora's Mask for some stupid ass reason.

darkpower
06-04-2008, 04:04 AM
Top Gun (nes) - Could never get past stage 3. And I finally save stated it years later and realized the ending wasn't worth THAT bullshit (I could DEFINITELY land the plane though).

Back to the Future (nes) - Reason I got this: My stepbro was a huge BTTF fan and wanted me to get this because he remember playing it and never beating it (and I was extremely good at raping NES games back then). So I got it, and that piece of shit KICKED MY ASS!! The game sucked, and I finally was able to beat it, and all I got for it was a black screen with three lines of about 6 or 7 words average on it. WHAT A FUCKING WASTE OF TIME!!!!!

Friday the 13th (nes) - let's just say James Rolfe was 100% right on THIS thing. I couldn't get too far...and I literally jumped out of my seat every fucking time I turned the corner in a house and Jason was just THERE waiting to ass rape me (which he did a LOT). I mean, yeah, it's based on a horror movie and that, but that wasn't in the good way, it was in an annoying way.

Super Ghouls N' Ghosts (SNES) - NO list like this is complete without a mention of THIS game. Thank GOD I played this on an emulator and could save state the ENTIRE thing, because I died...and died...and died...and died...and died...and died!!! Game was MUCH harder than it had to be.

Savio
06-07-2008, 05:29 AM
Myst wasn't too hard

Contra is impossible with out cheats though

Double Dragon - as well (fucking spike room)

Kane Knight
06-07-2008, 04:42 PM
Original TMNT- Game was ridiculous. So many flaws. Biggest is that you die from falling in water. And you are a turtle. wtf

Ninja Gaiden(nes)- The last few bosses are just absolutely ridiculous, starting with that bloody marth guy, you fight in those ruins. Got to the final boss once, and it raped me.

Spider-man and The X-men: Arcade's Revenge- AVGN needs to cover this game. Thats all I'm gonna say about that.

Wolverine(nes)- could never get past level 8. Retardedly hard game.

TMNT was hard, but doable. Falling in water killing you was dumb, though. As were a lot of other things. Especially funny was the fact that you could swim in the dam level only.

I never beat Arcade's Revenge.

I'm kinda glad to see other people were fucked by Battletoads. Man, that was insane. But fun.

I don't think I beat Double Dragon until I was like 15.

Super Mario 2 (The American version) was a bitch.

Ninti the Mad
06-07-2008, 04:52 PM
Skate or Die 2
Ninja Gaiden( The one where the last boss has a jukebox in the room and every fucking attack does no dmg like 90% of the time.)
NES Castlevanias. (lameeeee)
TMNT( I got to Blimp and died and had to start over? fuk that)

OssMan
06-17-2008, 12:17 AM
FFX - Seymour
Legend of Dragoon - Lloyds Girl

Nuff said

LOL come onnnn

yeah Seymour was hard at Macadamia Temple or whatever but come on. My party sucked dick anyway.

but ROFL Legend of Dragoon. I remember getting kind of far in that game and then never playing it again. Helena Prison for the 2nd or 3rd time. "Tut, cruddy bastards." Fucking hate this game now. Hilarious battle system especially Gust of Wind Dance. And this main character named Dart, come on.

OssMan
06-17-2008, 12:19 AM
3D Battles of World Runner

Even with the cheap little way to get extra lives which takes a while, I can't even get past level 5, I died like 15 times on it. And apparently level 6 is way harder. And 7. And 8.

This is also one game that I refuse to save state. I dunno if I will ever beat it.

Gertner
06-17-2008, 12:37 AM
Stupid Resident Evil 1 for PS. Gave me fits.

Dorkchop
06-17-2008, 12:42 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/idZ9C0Qtj2A&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/idZ9C0Qtj2A&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

El Fangel
06-17-2008, 12:53 AM
LOL come onnnn

yeah Seymour was hard at Macadamia Temple or whatever but come on. My party sucked dick anyway.

Nah, it was on the top of some mountain, and he has an attack that could fuck you over all at once if it went off, I beat him with Bahamuts Overdrive

but ROFL Legend of Dragoon. I remember getting kind of far in that game and then never playing it again. Helena Prison for the 2nd or 3rd time. "Tut, cruddy bastards." Fucking hate this game now. Hilarious battle system especially Gust of Wind Dance. And this main character named Dart, come on.

Something Lloyds girl did was draw a red symbol, which killed like 2 party members and left you at like 90% health. It was annoying difficult

Dark-Slicer Diago
06-17-2008, 08:22 AM
The Lion King - after 6 years of playing that game I finally got to Scar and he got me at the last second.

Aladdin - It took me while but after 9 years I finally beat it.