PDA

View Full Version : Just another bright idea

GD
06-03-2008, 08:54 AM
Since ECW is going to Mondays and since the draft is coming up...how about the idea of a parasite brand. Have Raw get the whole damn ECW roster during the draft and hence we can have ECW exist on Monday Night Raw. They can have their own entrance and stage. Have their own freakin' title belt and exist as a parasite on Raw. They can make ECW talent vs ECW talent exclusive without any interpromotional warfare ( exceptions: tag team division ). This is truly advantage ECW as all the new uprising ECW talent would get more viewership and exposure than they get on their one hour show on sci-fi. Think about it.

DrA
06-03-2008, 09:36 AM
Eh. If you were to do that you might as well get rid of the whole ECW concept altogether.

GD
06-03-2008, 09:48 AM
It would be somewhat like having the x-division as a part of the main roster.

Xero
06-03-2008, 11:19 AM
Isn't that basically what they're doing with the SD/ECW tour?

Fabien Barthez
06-03-2008, 11:27 AM
So, you want them to put the show I never watch, on the show I do?

I am not a great supporter of that plan. Stan.

Kane Knight
06-03-2008, 11:48 AM
So basically, your idea is to take the InVasion angle, and make it shittier?

Evil Vito
06-03-2008, 12:25 PM
<font color=goldenrod>This is only mildly related...but does anyone else think they may try adding a 4th "brand" to serve as SD's subshow, much like ECW will be Raw's soon? I'd have to assume they'd call it WCW, and it'd get a Velocity-esque timeslot because it would be even MORE development-based than ECW is.....hell, to form the roster they could hold an "expansion draft" with most of the picks being FCW people with a few jobbers from the other shows thrown in.

The idea is kinda out there....but I can see it if only because the FCW roster seems to be somewhat overcrowded at this point, I'd have to imagine there are a ton of people ready to come up but they don't have room anywhere else for them. Hell, Chris Harris and Ron Killings have been under contract for about half a year yet haven't been head from outside of dark matches. Plus it'd be only an hour show so like ECW, it wouldn't need a huge roster.

It'd also be an excuse to get the CW title back on TV.</font> :shifty:

Kane Knight
06-03-2008, 01:07 PM
CW title? But they're moving to MyNetwork!

Sorry.

Anyway, I don't see it happening. WWE's got enough talent issues as is, and we're talking about brokering another timeslot, which will be hard to do all things considered. Plus, I don't think they're going to create a second sub brand, considering the only reason they moved ECW to Raw was in the hopes of actually giving it some attention.

GD
06-03-2008, 01:07 PM
You're getting me wrong guys. They can have an Extreme division similar to the Women's division.

Afterlife
06-03-2008, 01:56 PM
So, eliminate the ECW brand entirely and just have a set of guys who go strictly for the Hardcore Title?

Xero
06-03-2008, 02:43 PM
Wait, what the hell happens to the Sci-Fi show? Just leave it as ECW? Then what's the point of calling it a "division" if they have their own show?

Seriously, you're just asking them to do exactly what they're doing with SD/ECW and what they're going to do with RAW/ECW ANYWAY. Except you're adding feud exclusivity to the brand, which A.) they'd never do especially since they don't even do that with RAW/SD and B.) is a waste of possible feuds.

FourFifty
06-03-2008, 04:01 PM
Eh. If you were to do that you might as well get rid of the whole ECW concept altogether.

The whole ECW concept was scrapped after the second One Night Stand anyways.

Kane Knight
06-03-2008, 04:55 PM
You're getting me wrong guys. They can have an Extreme division similar to the Women's division.
So basically, your idea is to take the InVasion angle, and make it shittier?

Kane Knight
06-03-2008, 04:57 PM
The whole ECW concept was scrapped after the second One Night Stand anyways.

Yeah, all that remains is the name, and that's going nowhere.

RVDmark
06-05-2008, 12:16 PM
So, eliminate the ECW brand entirely and just have a set of guys who go strictly for the Hardcore Title?

Yep and then give it something unique like a 24/7 defence stiplation. :shifty:

GD
06-05-2008, 02:47 PM
Yeah, all that remains is the name, and that's going nowhere.

There you have it, McMahon proved Shakespeare wrong.

Kane Knight
06-05-2008, 04:51 PM
Actually, I think he proved it right. Velocity, by any other name, would suck as bad.

Afterlife
06-05-2008, 05:25 PM
Velocity was great. Jakked was bad.

GD
06-05-2008, 05:27 PM
Velocity had a match of the year candidate whereas ECW has none.

Afterlife
06-05-2008, 05:29 PM
That's entirely false.