PDA

View Full Version : Current product...

DegenerationY
03-17-2004, 01:05 AM
Now, I haven't watched wrestling consistently for at least a year, and other than seeing the positive reviews of WMXX, I have no idea what's going on or whatever.

So I started wondering...

How is the product these days? Ratings?

What's the general feeling of the WWE?

V
03-17-2004, 02:05 AM
i'd say it's not nearly as good as it used to be during/before alliance days, but almost everything in life is "not as good as it used to be" so blah

tucsonspeed6
03-17-2004, 01:30 PM
Gohan, is that a real quote?

Funky Fly
03-17-2004, 02:09 PM
It's probably the best it's been since InVasion, but it's still not as good as the time of the 2 man power trip.

The CyNick
03-17-2004, 04:28 PM
Ratings have been stable for soem time, house shows are slightly up, PPVs are down.

big_bluto
03-17-2004, 04:34 PM
Took a real dip a while back, but then they brought back Austin, Goldberg came in, they pushed some long term injury-returns.
A few outstanding matches, and generally a pretty steady standard.

There are always disagreements on how wrestlers are pushed/dropped/etc, but WWE is currently doing a not bad job of bringing in developmental talent from OVW, and I reckon things look good for the next few years.

Now all they have to do is get Hardcore Holly to sod off, and take HHH and the APA with him. Preferably to a retirement home.

V
03-17-2004, 06:21 PM
Gohan, is that a real quote?

not really.. come to think of it i dont' know why i put it in quotes

but you can quote me on it :D

Loose Cannon
03-17-2004, 06:51 PM
I am totally loving the current product right now. For me, the product hasn't been as good since 2000. New stars are being created and I haven't had wrestlers that I really cared about and cheered for now with Orton and Cena since the days of Bret and Pillman.

ColdwaVer
03-17-2004, 07:13 PM
Seeing as how they're about to shuffle the rosters, it's almost pointless to think about it right now.

MVP
03-17-2004, 09:08 PM
With the main event titles actually changing hands for once, well-deserving superstars getting pushed, more crusierweights getting actual air-time, and the upcoming lottery (which could be beneficial, who knows), I think the product has improved greatly since last year.

The real question is how consistent it'll be.

Corkscrewed
03-17-2004, 11:58 PM
It was picking up a little last year, then really revved up well building up toward Wrestlemania. I say it's the best it's been in at least three years right now.

BasicThuganomics
03-18-2004, 10:05 AM
Yeah, you should check out the "draft lottery" next week on RAW, it should be interesting. How the WWE handles this situation will affect the direction of the company for the next couple of years. If the WWE keeps being consistent like it has been for the last few months, then we are in for some good times.