PDA

View Full Version : WCW/ECW/WWE

rottednation
03-17-2004, 04:38 AM
Somthing I have been thinking about since INVASION...

I have always believed that Vince made a very stupid mistake in destroying WCW, and ECW. The reasons for this are that his competition is totally dead, and the chances for ever bringing them back are way out there. I mean, if he kept WCW, chances are he would have made more money, instead of splitting them up. The same goes for ECW.

I heard the rumors about ECW returning, and I truly hope that it comes true...

Does anyone here believe the same? Or is not, I'd love to hear some feedback...

Dave Youell
03-17-2004, 07:32 AM
Somthing I have been thinking about since INVASION...

I have always believed that Vince made a very stupid mistake in destroying WCW, and ECW. The reasons for this are that his competition is totally dead, and the chances for ever bringing them back are way out there. I mean, if he kept WCW, chances are he would have made more money, instead of splitting them up. The same goes for ECW.

I heard the rumors about ECW returning, and I truly hope that it comes true...

Does anyone here believe the same? Or is not, I'd love to hear some feedback...
Hi there! and Welcome.

To be honest this topic has been done to death. I'm of the opinoin that what Vince did was the better way to go, as he didn't want to buy out all the bigger guys contracts, if he had kept WCW going it would have been a skeleton roster and wouldn't have gooten the ratings (although low, the majority of fans tuned in to see the Stings and the Goldbergs, not the Sean o'Haires and Sugar Shane Helms) So in the situation that Vince was in he did what he thought was the best way to go. In theory the invasion angle should have been HUGE! but because of the restricted talent he had to work with it was ultimatly a disaster.

Plus imagine that WCW was kept as a seperate brand? i doubt Vince would have used a Raw or Smackdown time slot as they were garetneed ratings and we fine the way they were, a new spot would ahve needed to be created and TNN at the time were not interested in another wrestling show on there network. Which is pretty dam stupid considering the fact that RAW is the biggest ratings puller for TNN.

As for ECW, yes i've heard the rumours about it coming back, i've also been eharing these rumours for about 2 years now. I'll be the first to admit that i would want it back, but i doubt, scrath that i'm sure it wont be the same ECW. I can't see Vince bringing in any more talent so they would be working with the ECW style wrestlers that they currently have on the rosters (RVD, Lance Storm and the Dudleys) Plus with the crack down on moves right now ECW would be plain boring without it's rough around the edges fast pased high impact hardcore wrestling i came to know an love.

I've heard rimours that it's going to get the confidentail spot if it were to get a deal, which means the ratings aint gonna be very high either. So yeah i would want ECW but not this way as it's just another WWE show with an ecw name

JJ Moore
03-17-2004, 07:40 AM
I've heard rimours that it's going to get the confidentail spot if it were to get a deal, which means the ratings aint gonna be very high either. So yeah i would want ECW but not this way as it's just another WWE show with an ecw name

:y: alot of ppl want ECDUB back but not under the control of vince, ECW left a legacy behind it and doing this would just piss all over what ECW set out to do in the first place, be hardcore, extreme and bring that into the mainstream world of wrestling, and it did. The chills i got down my spine when i saw all the ECW guys invading was immense, to see paul heyman in his long black coat and baseball cap that was cool, but that was the last ounce of strentgh ECW had and the last impact they made.

Personally id like to see ECW back in philidelphia and in that smelly bingo hall. jsut to go back to the roots, maybe some new camera's etc but jsut to keep it simple or what it was. And maybe instead of HeAt have an ECW ppv, an hour isnt much to work with but then again if it did get off the ground it wouldnt have as many ECW guys in it. I mean when the ECW guys came in in the first place, there were alot but now i think id only need my hands to count how many are still around.

Dave Youell
03-17-2004, 07:48 AM
but now i think id only need my hands to count how many are still around.
Hmm lets see, how many right now?

I'll include people who established themselves as ECW wrestler. I'm not including the likes of Benoit and Rey cos WCW snapped them up in under a year of working for ecw so i consider them more WCW stars

Here's the list

Lance Storm
RVD
D von
Bubba
Tommy Dreamer
Ryhno
Spike
Stevie Richards
Jazz
Nova (in development)
Tajiri

and that's all i can really think of, but there's quite a few completly wasted talents on both rosters who could alos be in there such as:

Sean O'Haire
Paul London
Kidman
Hardcore Holly
Mark Henry

not grade A talents i know, but they could all serve a purpose on an ECW show

JJ Moore
03-17-2004, 08:01 AM
Lance Storm
RVD
D von
Bubba
Tommy Dreamer
Ryhno
Spike
Stevie Richards
Jazz
Nova (in development)
Tajiri

OH sure just because YOU dont have 11 fingers, you think im a freak, A FREAK :'(

JJ Moore
03-17-2004, 08:04 AM
and that's all i can really think of, but there's quite a few completly wasted talents on both rosters who could alos be in there such as:

Hardcore Holly
Mark Henry

not grade A talents i know, but they could all serve a purpose on an ECW show

Mark Henry - Yeah ECW could use a new set of ring steps.

Hardcore Holly - hey he use to drive cars, maybe he could be the car park attendent.

Dave Youell
03-17-2004, 08:06 AM
Mark Henry - Yeah ECW could use a new set of ring steps.

Hardcore Holly - hey he use to drive cars, maybe he could be the car park attendent.
Hey i'm just saying hardcore holly does do hardcore matches

and every promotion needs a power house and i want mark henry of RAW dammit

Evolution
03-17-2004, 08:08 AM
You mean Nova is STILL there? I was going to ask someone if he was released, I have only seen him in one match, a tag match, on Velocity. So I take it he's in OVW. Thanks.

JJ Moore
03-17-2004, 08:12 AM
Hey i'm just saying hardcore holly does do hardcore matches

and every promotion needs a power house and i want mark henry of RAW dammit

i kno dave i know, we all want mark henry dead, uhhh i mean off raw :shifty:

yes yes an accident. :shifty:

rottednation
03-17-2004, 02:05 PM
Although it may be true about ECW, I think it would obviosly take time to evolve back to the way they used to wrestle. I am not sure if Vince would hold back EVERY superstar from doing the things they did when ECW was a show...

I know that Vince would keep them as another WWE brand of wrestling, but the same thing goes for RAW, and SMACKDOWN!, because the two of them split up just suck...

I also miss Stephanie... ...so, so hot.