PDA

View Full Version : TNA announce UK dates for next year

Pardeep 619
06-16-2008, 11:41 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/article1296920.ece

TNA are set for their biggest shows ever – over here in the UK.

The WWE’s American wrestling rivals are riding high on the back of some very successful sold-out smaller events in Liverpool, Coventry and Essex.

And now boss Dixie Carter has announced they’re coming back in the new year to play much larger venues, including Wembley Arena.

The dates are:

Tuesday January 20: Manchester, England - Manchester Evening News Arena

Wednesday, January 21: Birmingham, England - National Indoor Arena

Thursday, January 22: Glasgow, Scotland - Braehead Arena

Saturday, January 24: London, England - Wembley Arena

Dixie said: “The reception TNA Wrestling received this week from the UK fans has been nothing short of incredible and we look forward to returning in January.”

Tickets go on sale on Friday June 27 at 9am.
Keep checking back here for more information on the Maximum iMPACT! Tour.

I'll be impressed if they sell out those venues (which they won't without giving away free tickets)

#BROKEN Hasney
06-16-2008, 11:43 AM
Depending on prices, I might head down to the MEN.

Shame they're not doing an Impact! taping.

Pardeep 619
06-16-2008, 11:45 AM
Might possibly go to MEN arena or Wembley arena.

Fabien Barthez
06-16-2008, 12:16 PM
They have picked some big fucking places! MEN is like, 20k with floor seating. If it's cheap enough, I might check it out. Although it will probably just be one wacky-ass match with the whole roster in 2 teams :-\

Outsider
06-16-2008, 12:21 PM
It's around my birthday so I may try and go. Couldn't come anywhere near bloody here though :mad:

Fabien Barthez
06-16-2008, 12:40 PM
Aren't you in the West Country?

Rob
06-16-2008, 01:18 PM
:lol: God they ain't filling these buildings!

NoRoolz
06-16-2008, 01:20 PM
If it was an iMPACT taping I'd go.

Wembley is about 15 minutes from me so I may well check that out anyway, provided it's cheap.

Tornado
06-16-2008, 01:36 PM
Woah. They're all bigger than any arena (well, at least i think) they've performed at in USA. They're all in the region of 12-18'000 seaters. Brave choices.

Theo Dious
06-16-2008, 01:49 PM
And now, a song, courtesy of the Sex Pistols:

TNA in the UK!
It's coming next year, get ready!
We got a strange ring and a bunch of guys
Who can't sell out in the USA

And I wanna see TNA!
And maybe fifty other people with me!

Sad that that was the best I could do. :nono:

But seriously, how big is TNA in UK?

Mr. Monday Morning
06-16-2008, 02:20 PM
Not very

Fabien Barthez
06-16-2008, 02:26 PM
It probably gets less viewers in a month, than they have seats for the whole damn tour.

Tornado
06-16-2008, 02:58 PM
Maybe i'm being biased as it's down the road from me, but The Brighton Centre would have been a much better bet for a "southern" venue, as they would have a slight chance of selling it out.

Infact, a better, and more realistic tour would have been:

Echo Arena - Liverpool
Skydome Arena/Ricoh Arena - Coventry
The Brighton Centre - Brighton
Plymouth Pavillions - Plymouth

There isn't really an "small arena" in London they'd have a hope in hell of selling out.

Dave Youell
06-16-2008, 03:51 PM
They won't sell out the MEN, no fucking chance

Rob
06-16-2008, 03:54 PM
There isn't really an "small arena" in London they'd have a hope in hell of selling out.

Earls Court 2 they'd have a shot. York Hall. Some of the bigger leisure centers where they have done boxing too.

Mr. Monday Morning
06-16-2008, 05:31 PM
York Hall wouldn't work. I'm surprised anyone runs there really if you have more than a few hundred half the crowd can't see.

Team Sheep
06-16-2008, 05:42 PM
WWE don't always totally sell out the MEN for Raw and Smackdown tapings, let alone this.

6to1
06-16-2008, 06:32 PM
how about if they have a puplic hanging of russo in the center of the ring will you all go

Fabien Barthez
06-16-2008, 09:42 PM
I think Wembley is the most likely to sell. It holds about 8,000 for WWE, so call it roughly the same.

MEN is 15,000 for Wrestling, but they surely don't even expect to be using the top teir, which holds 8,000 (6,000 with the screen) So that is going to be about 7,000 at a guess.

The MEN is the biggest venue in the world in regards to ticket sales, and has been for about 6 years. Wembley is 3rd. So I guess it's a milestone for them to put on shows in these venues...

But, they don't come near to these number in the States, and it's not like we're as WWE-starved as in previous times.... So still very optimistic, in my eyes.

Dave Youell
06-17-2008, 07:47 AM
WWE don't always totally sell out the MEN for Raw and Smackdown tapings, let alone this.

Actually they do, but you will always see empty seats because of touts with literally hundreds of tickets outside the MEN

Destor
06-17-2008, 07:48 AM
I hope YOUELL goes to one of these and it is terrible. And I hope they over charge him.

The Mackem
06-17-2008, 07:49 AM
I would laugh if they did sell out every single arena.

DrA
06-17-2008, 07:55 AM
The TNA UK Tour: Live from Orlando, Florida.

The Mackem
06-17-2008, 07:56 AM
It's a winner haha

Disturbed316
06-17-2008, 03:32 PM
Maybe i'm being biased as it's down the road from me, but The Brighton Centre would have been a much better bet for a "southern" venue, as they would have a slight chance of selling it out

Still wouldn't fill it though.

Rob
06-17-2008, 05:22 PM
I would laugh if they did sell out every single arena.

They didn't even sell out Coventry this time.

Dave Youell
06-18-2008, 08:27 AM
To be fair, a mate who's seen a heck of alot of shows, said it's one of the best he's ever been too (the Cov one)

But not selling out the skydome is criminal if that's true, it's 3,500 seats FFS, thost international showdown shows (which were pretty much a TNA show with a few japs) sold out in days, TNA 'could' sell out venues like that, if they had proper advertising for them. But I didn't see one bit of advertising for the TNA show, and I'm the type of person they should be reaching out to. The showdown had TV ad's all over The Wrestling Channel, granted, that's harder now as TNA isn't on TWC (or Fight!, or whatever it's now called) but they can still use advertising with Bravo.

In another point, does anyone know how many viewers TNA draws on Bravo? That list of venues could be around 35,000 - 40,000 punters over those dates? Do TNA even get that many viewers over here?

I guess the one saving grace about the MEN is that I know they host smaller things there like Basketball and Ice Hockey and there's no way they sell out those, so I would assume that they would be going for just the lower tie, but IMO it's better to sell out a smaller place than work in a half empty arena

Mr. Monday Morning
06-18-2008, 01:18 PM
I'll be curious to see what the NOAH show does

Rob
06-18-2008, 02:22 PM
To be fair, a mate who's seen a heck of alot of shows, said it's one of the best he's ever been too (the Cov one)

But not selling out the skydome is criminal if that's true,

Every report of a TNA house show I've read has been super positive. Shame their TV is the shits.

And the Skydome definitely didn't sell out.