PDA

View Full Version : Bischoffs new "man"

VonErich Lives
03-17-2004, 02:21 PM
the guy who'se been in Bisch office the last few raws, who is he? what's his background?

ColdwaVer
03-17-2004, 03:27 PM
the guy who'se been in Bisch office the last few raws, who is he? what's his background?

He was one of the guys from Tough Enough 3, I'm not sure if he was a winner because I didn't really watch TE3. He seems to be calling himself Johnny Blaze or something.

Mike the Metal Ed
03-17-2004, 03:34 PM
His Tough Enough name was John Hennigan.

loopydate
03-17-2004, 03:36 PM
His real name is John Hennigan, and he was one of the winners of Tough Enough III (along with Matt Cappotelli).

The two formed a tag team in Ohio Valley Wrestling in the months since their TE3 win, with John turning on Matt recently.

He's a pretty good high-flier, and he has a martial arts background. During a training match on TE3, he actually executed a standing Shooting Star Press (jumping vertically from the mat, not the turnbuckles). He's incredibly flexible, so I'd expect him to pull out some cool moves once he starts wrestling full-time.

DaveWadding
03-17-2004, 03:50 PM
He looks really different now doesnt he? My mind's a tad foggy.

loopydate
03-17-2004, 04:53 PM
He looks really different now doesnt he? My mind's a tad foggy.

The biggest difference is that his hair has grown waaaaaay out. He used to have a buzzcut, but now he's getting into Hunter-and-Shawn territory.

DaveWadding
03-17-2004, 06:06 PM
Yeah, I remembered him having short hair...then again I didnt watch TE all that religiously.

ColdwaVer
03-17-2004, 07:15 PM
he actually executed a standing Shooting Star Press (jumping vertically from the mat, not the turnbuckles).

AHHHH now I remember him. I thought it was a standing swanton though, oh well.

tucsonspeed6
03-20-2004, 03:04 PM
Yet another reality show winner who deserves more of a push than Orton, right everyone?

*is shocked to see that some people agree despite his obvious sarcasm*

Sephiroth
03-20-2004, 03:22 PM
Yeah, I remembered him having short hair...then again I didnt watch TE all that religiously.

Lamuella
03-20-2004, 05:06 PM
you're right. He IS getting more of a push than Orton. I mean, what with his IC title win, program with Mick Foley, and tag match alongside Ric Falir at Wrestlemania, Orton's barely curtain jerking on Heat. Much lower down the ladder than a guy who hasn't wrestled a match yet.

Lamuella
03-20-2004, 05:11 PM
and which reality show winner has had more of a push than Orton?

Nowinski? Haven't seen him in months.
Maven? Ditto.
Nidia? Yeah, Jamie Noble's girlfriend is higher on the pecking order than the IC champ
Linda Miles? Valet to the tag champs isn't bad, but where was HER wrestlemania match featuring three former world champs?
Jackie Gayda? I won't dignify this with an answer.

Shaggy
03-20-2004, 05:53 PM
Yea, winner of Tough Enough 3. I remember the first match he had. I loved it when he dropkicked Matt and backflipped out of it. It was great. After that he was only in the Bar Fight they had at one of the PPV's and that was it.

PoisonIvy
03-27-2004, 06:03 AM
I honestly thought he was Stevie Richards for a sec when I first saw him, mustve been the hair.

PoisonIvy
03-27-2004, 06:04 AM
Wow I didn't notice this was a week old. My bad. :(

Rob
03-27-2004, 06:56 AM
I honestly thought he was Stevie Richards for a sec when I first saw him, mustve been the hair.

So did I to be fair.

Gertner
03-28-2004, 03:37 AM
he's coollk

Champion of Europa
03-28-2004, 12:13 PM
At March Mayhem (available on DVD from www.ovwrestling.com) he did this sweet ass moonsault.

He got on the apron and faced the fans. He got on the second rope, maintaining his position facing the fans. He then walked over, while taunting, to where Matt Cappoteli was laying, all while keeping these same positions. Then he did a moonsault from that exact position into the ring.

Missed, though.