PDA

View Full Version : Son. Of. A. WHORE!

U-Warrior
06-16-2008, 09:51 PM
Jon Favreau may not return to helm Iron Man 2, IESB reports.

The director is said to be at odds with Marvel Studios over his salary for the upcoming sequel.

After guiding the superhero film to box office success, Favreau has allegedly requested a pay increase for 2010's Iron Man 2. However, Marvel has been unable to match Favreau's demands and believes that a franchise sequel will be a commercial success with or without the director of the first film.

Favreau earlier expressed his doubts about making another Iron Man film so soon after the first.

Marvel has scheduled the sequel for an April 30, 2010 release.

Fucking hell. If Favreau doesn't return, there's a good chance some of the cast won't either. And I doubt there are any other decent directors who share his genuine love for the character.

Jeritron
06-17-2008, 12:49 AM
They're right tho, unfortunately the american public is oblivious to shit like this and will fork over their money for a movie destined to be inferior with decision like this. In the long run, it will kill the franchise but that doesn't stop the execs.

They don't learn from history, and don't have the foresight to make decisions to keep the franchise top notch. We've seen it in Batman. They only see the quarters and the near future/present. They will try to cut costs by hiring a hack director for less than Favreau, and they'll try to increase profits by getting it out asap while the property is still hot as hell. They'll make their money, and then wonder why nobody wants to see the 3rd when they knowingly put out shit for a sequel. In the end, they blow hundreds of millions of dollars in the years to come, just to save a couple million this quarter. They take the company's most valuable asset and turn it to a useless waste.
The sad part is, they don't know what they're doing and people let them get away with it.

Favreau's one thing, but nobody's gonna take it seriously without Downey Jr. He has the power. Not only can he demand nearly whatever he wants for a pricetag (even if he's signed to a 3 picture deal theres ways to hold out and increase pay). In addition to holding that power, he can also say "I'll only return if Favreau does it". Downey seems like the type who would feel that way to begin with, and require that quality with his involvement.

So it's really up to him and the greedy suits who write the checks. They know that regardless of what they pay Downey and Favreau, within relative reason, this sequels gonna bring down serious fuckin cash. Especially with more anticipation and a larger fanbase once the smash hit first installment gets a wider audience and fanbase on dvd.
Pony up the dough.

El Fangel
06-17-2008, 12:58 AM
Haha, Harry Potter 2.0

Lara Emily
06-17-2008, 01:40 AM
Now to be fair to Marvel Ironman would have still made a shitload if someone else with the same basic competence as Favreau made it. It's not like Favreau is some big time director or even an up and coming guy who finally broke into Hollywood with his own unique masterpiece.

Ironman was great don't get me wrong, fantastic even but it can be done just as good without Favreau. Now if they turn around and then hire some POS Micheal Bayesque director then we have a problem

Really though what I want to know is how much he made and how much of a raise he wanted.

Shadow
06-17-2008, 01:43 AM
Wow...how fucking guliblie are people?

Wait 2 years...then bitch if he isn't on it.

Champion of Europa
06-17-2008, 04:09 AM
http://www.411mania.com/movies/news/78072/%5BMovies%5D-Latest-On-Iron-Man-2-Villain.htm

He's talking like he's gonna be directing Iron Man 2.

Fox
06-19-2008, 11:42 AM
Oh no! Since he did so many amazing things with the Iron Man story and characters that NO OTHER DIRECTOR could ever do! What ever will happen now?!

Psh. There are a dozen directors that could replicate what Favreau did. It's not difficult to make shit blow up.

thedamndest
06-19-2008, 12:57 PM
Wait til you see how it looks when Michael Bay gets ahold of it.

Mr Regal
06-19-2008, 02:31 PM
Director, don't care.

RDJ is a fucking must though.

It's not like Favreau is Christopher Nolan, you know?

U-Warrior
06-19-2008, 05:20 PM
Yeah, but part of the reason Iron Man was great is because he actually has had a love for Iron Man since he was a kid. Not like other directors who read a few books when they get the part, and say "oh yeah, I love so and so."

94 SVT Cobra
06-19-2008, 07:11 PM
Why do directors and actor pull shit like this? i mean maybe its just me, but its kinda disrespectful in a way esp for a director to leave a SOLID movie they ma..althought the paychecks seem to be worth a lot more then a legacy for most of hollywood now a days...