PDA

View Full Version : You know what has been bugging me?

Stickman
06-17-2008, 07:02 PM
Lately I find the camera work and editing of Raw to be bloody terrible. This week they'd cut to commercials during segements and the camera angle would change the moment a move was done. They used to be so good at timing but it seems like they dont' care anymore.

Does anybody else notice this?

Theo Dious
06-17-2008, 07:05 PM
I've noticed that a lot on-again and off-again over the years. I don't know if they have a big turnaround behind the cameras and behind the boards or what, but it really seems like at times their cuts, angles, and transitions are just god awful.

Legend Killer
06-17-2008, 07:08 PM
You'd think that with Million-Dollar Mania going on, they would pay more attention to this. However, odds are that if you get 10 people in a room watching wrestling, that a majority of of thos 10 will not give a damn about the camera angles.

Theo Dious
06-17-2008, 07:13 PM
Stop saying things that are so true they make me want to cry. :cry:

The Optimist
06-17-2008, 07:14 PM
You'd think that with Million-Dollar Mania going on, they would pay more attention to this. However, odds are that if you get 10 people in a room watching wrestling, that a majority of of thos 10 will not give a damn about the wrestling.

MCEazy
06-17-2008, 07:15 PM
shittyass HD cameras :nono:

Kane Knight
06-17-2008, 07:19 PM
It's been worse since the switch to HD. I think there could be a reason.

Legend Killer
06-17-2008, 07:36 PM
What's this HD you speak of?

MCEazy
06-17-2008, 07:44 PM
What's this HD you speak of?

Hi-def SON..... something i wish i could afford :(

Xero
06-17-2008, 08:29 PM
My guess is that they hired at least a partially new camera crew for high def and they don't have all they need down. I've noticed that the shots on standard def are pretty much properly framed.

Kane Knight
06-17-2008, 08:51 PM
My guess is that they hired at least a partially new camera crew for high def and they don't have all they need down. I've noticed that the shots on standard def are pretty much properly framed.

The high def signal and the SD signal are the same. One's just chopped down. If they cut away from big moves on one, they do so on both.

Of course, they're still framing it for SD, so that will look better.

I don't think it's so much a new camera crew as it is lack of familiarity with the equipment.

Team Sheep
06-18-2008, 07:33 AM
Well when they first switched to HD I remember hearing about the wrestler's getting told to make their moves look 'more real' and stuff. So maybe they switch away as soon as moves are hit so it looks more real and adds more drama to it. Like when someone gets hit in a movie, they change camera right away so you can't spot any potential flaws in the maneuvor as it happens so quickly.

The Mackem
06-18-2008, 08:09 AM
A big 'Kapoww' should flash on screen as that happens.

Xero
06-18-2008, 08:24 AM
The high def signal and the SD signal are the same. One's just chopped down. If they cut away from big moves on one, they do so on both.

Of course, they're still framing it for SD, so that will look better.

I'm aware, I was just talking about the fact that the first few months of the HD broadcast had the SD broadcast getting wrestlers cut off and such.

Pardeep 619
06-18-2008, 09:13 AM
They've been messing up a lot in terms of missed or crappy camera shots this year, from the camera missing Undertaker legdropping Snitsky througha table at Royal Rumble, to the missed 'damn' shot during the Mae Young - Haas kiss.

Also didn't like the camera angle of HBK's head going through the plasma - it just looked too awkward to watch (if that makes any sense)

Stickman
06-18-2008, 12:41 PM
The first Raw on HD I noticed how guys would be out of frame when doing the pose on the ropes so on regular tv all you could see was half of him.

But like this week, they'd have a segment, match, then start another segment, commercial, then continue the segment. When Ric Flair came out they cut to commerical, wtf?

Londoner
06-18-2008, 01:13 PM
I haven't noticed cause i haven't payed much attention ever since the last PPV.

Pardeep 619
06-18-2008, 04:32 PM
The first Raw on HD I noticed how guys would be out of frame when doing the pose on the ropes so on regular tv all you could see was half of him.

But like this week, they'd have a segment, match, then start another segment, commercial, then continue the segment. When Ric Flair came out they cut to commerical, wtf?

Yeah but Raw going to commercial when Flair came out would have been planned to keep the fans watching after the break

Kane Knight
06-18-2008, 04:35 PM
I haven't noticed cause i haven't payed much attention ever since the last PPV.

I have trouble keeping my eyes on the TV at all these days when Raw's on. It's just not very engaging, and ends up as background noise.

Which probably isn't a bad thing, all things considered.

NoRoolz
06-18-2008, 05:41 PM
I've noticed, I remember noticing when HHH was cutting a promo a few weeks ago, the shot was all off centre and was cutting part of his head out and stuff.

And I barely pay attention to Raw and fast-forward a lot of it so it's gotta be pretty bad if I've actually noticed.