PDA

View Full Version : How's Matt Hardy doing?

Kane Knight
06-18-2008, 10:36 PM
Still US Champ? Still won't die? Still slapping tornados?

The Optimist
06-18-2008, 10:38 PM
US Champ, he hasn't died so there's no way to really test, his intro claims he still can wether he does or not remains unanswered.

Legend Killer
06-18-2008, 10:41 PM
As THE man of SD!'s midcard, awesome. With the draft coming up though, I wish they would move him to RAW and have him challenge for the IC title and hopefully turn him heel to wrestle Jeff, that would be a good feud.

Juan
06-18-2008, 10:41 PM
http://www.wwe.com:80/superstars/smackdown/matthardy/

thedamndest
06-18-2008, 11:43 PM
I hear he's thinking of buying some furniture from Ikea.

Mister Sinister
06-18-2008, 11:49 PM
He seems to still be drying up a Sea.

Mr. Nerfect
06-18-2008, 11:53 PM
Matt Hardy is actually someone I would call a "ring general" now. He's also gotten a more cocky/confident character since winning the US Title. I think a move to RAW (perhaps with the US Title) would indeed be awesome. He should be the premiere Hardy. Jeff Hardy should be moved back to ECW/SmackDown!, where he can still rise and be over, but without putting too many eggs in the drug basket.

MCEazy
06-19-2008, 12:02 AM
Matt Hardy is actually someone I would call a "ring general" now. He's also gotten a more cocky/confident character since winning the US Title. I think a move to RAW (perhaps with the US Title) would indeed be awesome. He should be the premiere Hardy. Jeff Hardy should be moved back to ECW/SmackDown!, where he can still rise and be over, but without putting too many eggs in the drug basket.

I think this would be the ideal solution for both Hardy's right now :y:

Theo Dious
06-19-2008, 12:39 AM
Matt Hardy CAN slap a tornado. He never said he DOES.

Afterlife
06-19-2008, 12:57 AM
KK: Do you only watch Raw? Or do you not watch any WWE regularly?

P.S.: This is not an attack, I'm just curious.

Xero
06-19-2008, 07:35 AM
His latest outbreak has cleared up.

Theo Dious
06-19-2008, 09:06 AM
His latest outbreak has cleared up.

Oh please. As if the Sensei of Mattitude would go around fucking skanks...

Theo Dious
06-19-2008, 09:09 AM
Come to think of it, this is why Matt is destined for greatness. Every main event legend has some kind of weak point:

Hogan: Megalomania
Warrior: Insane
Savage: Deluded (there's a very fine seperation between him and Warrior)
HHH: Quad
Nash: Quad
HBK: Smile
Hart: Getting screwed (</>:shifty:</>)
Goldberg: Lack of talent

Maybe one day we can add:

Matt Hardy: Taps questionable ass

Could happen.

Kane Knight
06-19-2008, 10:15 AM
I'd say I only watch Raw, but I'm finding myself watching less and less of it. It was interrupted for House, because Hugh Laurie>Vince McMahon, but I'm having trouble giving a shit about Raw right now. McMahon's giveaway compounds things, because the minute he start dialing a number, I zone out and have trouble coming back to the programming when it starts back up.

I watch TNA when I remember, but I haven't been remembering much of late. Honestly, on Thursdays, my TV is generally off unless I'm watching the news, so I tend to forget a lot.

I haven't bothered with ECW in ages, because it's worthless, and I tried watching Smackdown a couple of times recently, and couldn't force myself to give a shit.

So I switch between the options of pretty much only watching Raw and barely watching. Right now, I'm in the "barely watching" phase. It's a shame, because I want to see where the Jericho angle goes, and Burrchill/Kennedy has had my interest every time I've watched, but it's hard to merit watching two hours for two segments. And my PVR is busted, so I can't tape anything right now. :mad:

The fortunate thing is that there are only a few people I care about on shows that aren't Raw. Matt's one of the few I'd give a shit about one way or the other. TNA has a few, but I find TNA at least watchable (Though not really great) and ECW...Well, I don't even know who the Hell is on ECW except Kane, and Champion or not, I'm not watching ECW for one guy.

DT: "Questionable" is far too kind. :D

Theo Dious
06-19-2008, 12:26 PM

Innocent until proven infected.

Kane Knight
06-19-2008, 01:07 PM
I dunno. Lita looked like she had a couple of outbreaks on TV.

Theo Dious
06-19-2008, 02:25 PM
That could easily have been pizza sauce.

Heyman
06-19-2008, 03:00 PM
He seems to still be drying up a Sea.

Well hey - atleast the guy is living for the moment.

[/shitjoke]

Afterlife
06-19-2008, 04:15 PM
I'd say I only watch Raw, but I'm finding myself watching less and less of it. It was interrupted for House, because Hugh Laurie>Vince McMahon, but I'm having trouble giving a shit about Raw right now. McMahon's giveaway compounds things, because the minute he start dialing a number, I zone out and have trouble coming back to the programming when it starts back up.

I watch TNA when I remember, but I haven't been remembering much of late. Honestly, on Thursdays, my TV is generally off unless I'm watching the news, so I tend to forget a lot.

I haven't bothered with ECW in ages, because it's worthless, and I tried watching Smackdown a couple of times recently, and couldn't force myself to give a shit.

So I switch between the options of pretty much only watching Raw and barely watching. Right now, I'm in the "barely watching" phase. It's a shame, because I want to see where the Jericho angle goes, and Burrchill/Kennedy has had my interest every time I've watched, but it's hard to merit watching two hours for two segments. And my PVR is busted, so I can't tape anything right now. :mad:

The fortunate thing is that there are only a few people I care about on shows that aren't Raw. Matt's one of the few I'd give a shit about one way or the other. TNA has a few, but I find TNA at least watchable (Though not really great) and ECW...Well, I don't even know who the Hell is on ECW except Kane, and Champion or not, I'm not watching ECW for one guy.

See, I watch all 3 WWE shows -- it's the only entertainment tv I make sure to watch, not counting Stewart and Colbert, but that's because I consider the latter to be more legit news than most legit news programs.

I'll admit, I don't understand your feelings on ECW, but I know you're nowhere near alone. I find the matches to be, quite commonly, superior to both shows. SD's main event is terrible, and the show is kinda blah, so I completely get your lack of desire there. But I can't make it thru an episode of TNA. I love Cage, Shark Boy's genius -- there's lots of guys that have potential. But the show is so...fake. It seems so damn forced, and I just can't watch it.

But I appreciate your input. :y:

U-Warrior
06-19-2008, 06:13 PM
Still US Champ? Still won't die? Still slapping tornados?

Yes, but he is no longer drying up seas.

NeanderCarl
06-19-2008, 06:57 PM
I could swear his music states:

"I could slap a tornado, I could dry a pussy, yeah."

Like he's boasting about being some kind of massive turn-off to women.

Legend Killer
06-19-2008, 07:32 PM
Come to think of it, this is why Matt is destined for greatness. Every main event legend has some kind of weak point:

Hogan: Megalomania
Warrior: Insane
Savage: Deluded (there's a very fine seperation between him and Warrior)
HHH: Quad
Nash: Quad
HBK: Smile
Hart: Getting screwed (</>:shifty:</>)
Goldberg: Lack of talent

Maybe one day we can add:

Matt Hardy: Taps questionable ass

Could happen.

LOL

Crazy Nick
06-19-2008, 09:51 PM
I could swear his music states:

"I could slap a tornado, I could dry a pussy, yeah."

Like he's boasting about being some kind of massive turn-off to women.

I agree man, if you listen close, it really does sound like that is what the song is saying lol.

Legend Killer
06-20-2008, 09:53 PM
Matt Hardy is getting one hell of a push.

Destor
06-20-2008, 09:58 PM
Matt has been the second best thing on SD! for a year or so.

The Optimist
06-20-2008, 10:03 PM
Matt Hardy is getting one hell of a push.
I know man, they're even jobbing Bam Neely out to him. No ones gone over Neely's glass ceiling in years.

Destor
06-20-2008, 10:05 PM
Dude, he's the flagship of SD! midcard. He's been booked stronger over the course of this fued with MVP than anyone else on the SD! roster. On top of that he could realistically be put into a beleivable main event program over the strap at any point. He's been built like a top notch guy for awhile now.

Kane Knight
06-20-2008, 10:08 PM
LOL.

Flagship of the Smackdown midcard.

He's the cream of the middle of the B show.

Legend Killer
06-20-2008, 10:12 PM
When he does go for the big one...I shall Mark Out for the one slaps tornadoes and dries pussies.

The Optimist
06-20-2008, 10:24 PM
I've made the same argument. I like Matt, and MVP vs. Matt Hardy was the fued of the year, but now that's over and unless he moves up to the top rung he could quickly get lost in the shuffle.

Xero
06-20-2008, 10:26 PM
That's not very optimistic...

The Optimist
06-20-2008, 10:28 PM
Oh. Really? Crud.

thedamndest
06-20-2008, 10:40 PM
Matt Hardy can now be seen competing against Christian in TPWW's own Better Wrestler #30 thread.

Legend Killer
06-20-2008, 10:49 PM
Can he beat Christian that is what I am wondering, right now I am leaning towards him but I am still thinking.

Destor
06-20-2008, 11:44 PM
I've made the same argument. I like Matt, and MVP vs. Matt Hardy was the fued of the year, but now that's over and unless he moves up to the top rung he could quickly get lost in the shuffle.
So you're saying becasue he's not in the ME he's doing poorly? That midcard hell bit is retarded. Ther midcard is a fine place to be. There's only so many spots on top, he's not jobbing week in week out, he's getting solid wins and looking like a star doing it. The guy is in a great place right now.

Legend Killer
06-20-2008, 11:49 PM
So you're saying becasue he's not in the ME he's doing poorly? That midcard hell bit is retarded. Ther midcard is a fine place to be. There's only so many spots on top, he's not jobbing week in week out, he's getting solid wins and looking like a star doing it. The guy is in a great place right now.

Behold the King.

Vastardikai
06-21-2008, 01:51 AM
Behold the King.

The King of <s>Kings</s> the Forum?

Destor
06-21-2008, 01:52 AM
On your knees dog.

Vastardikai
06-21-2008, 01:52 AM

I'd also like to state that, during the next gutting of Smackdown, we could very easily see a potential Edge-Matt Hardy feud again. I have already listed why it would draw in another fed, as Hardy > Batista.

Vastardikai
06-21-2008, 01:53 AM
On your knees dog.

*Bows before the King.*

Destor
06-21-2008, 01:53 AM
After the draft key SD! guys tend to get injured, this could be Matt's opportunity.

Destor
06-21-2008, 01:54 AM
Weird jinx but it always happens.

Destor
06-21-2008, 01:54 AM
*Bows before the King.*
I need a proud smiley.

Vastardikai
06-21-2008, 02:00 AM
I need a proud smiley.

:cool: hmm...

!:o that's not quite it, either...

:naughty: There we go!

:shifty:

Destor
06-21-2008, 02:07 AM
http://thewrestlingasylum.com/images/smilies/bow.gif

The Optimist
06-21-2008, 02:28 AM
No, I'm saying that he could get fucked expertly in this position, he's very close to being at the top and alot of people have been there and gotten dropped. And if you want to get a gauge of how "fine" it is to be there, look at the thread a few months ago where I tried to convince others that the US title is credible. I'm not saying he looks weak at all. But he could get slapped down.

Destor
06-21-2008, 02:31 AM
The US title is the best protected belt in the company. Dunno. And yeah, he could (and I imagine never will) reach the top. But it doesn't mean his career was a failure or that his current status is shit. There are thousands of wrestlers, he's a second teir champ in the largest promotion in the world. Who could realistically be put in a main event program at any moment. He's doing well.

Legend Killer
06-21-2008, 08:34 PM
The US title is the best protected belt in the company. Dunno. And yeah, he could (and I imagine never will) reach the top. But it doesn't mean his career was a failure or that his current status is shit. There are thousands of wrestlers, he's a second teir champ in the largest promotion in the world. Who could realistically be put in a main event program at any moment. He's doing well.

Well Matt Hardy is kind of like CM Punk in a way to me...I don't feel they are ready, however for Matt Hardy it seems it has been forever, kind of like a Benoit story if he wins the big one.

Theo Dious
06-21-2008, 11:20 PM
Matt Hardy beat the guy who beat the guy who was murdered along with his family by a demon-possessed exersize device. THat is an accomplishment.

Theo Dious
06-21-2008, 11:23 PM
The US title is the best protected belt in the company.

Well, except that time JBL put it in a barrel and blew it up...

Destor
06-21-2008, 11:26 PM
That was a while ago brother. 4 years ago right? Things change.

The Optimist
06-22-2008, 12:12 AM
Benoit's story is alot longer than Matt's.

Afterlife
06-22-2008, 12:37 AM
Benoit's story is alot longer than Matt's.

But Matt's would definitely be bigger. That, and they'll actually be able to talk about it.

Mr. Nerfect
06-22-2008, 02:31 AM
LOL.

Flagship of the Smackdown midcard.

He's the cream of the middle of the B show.

So KK, how successful are you compared to Matt Hardy? Being in the mid-card of the biggest wrestling promotion in the world is not a bad thing, especially considering how the US Title has been made to look recently (despite the rarity of its defences). MVP defended the belt against guys like Ric Flair and Batista.

Mr. Nerfect
06-22-2008, 02:39 AM
By the way, they should so do a thing where the US Champion challenges for the World Heavyweight Title at The Great American Bash. It just feels like a patriotic way to set up the match, and in some ways would be a throw-back to when the US Champion was the default #2 Contender. Puts the titles into perspective against each other.

This year, the story of it would be tremendous: The hard-working and rising star, Matt Hardy, tries to win the big gold belt from the evil, opportunistic Canadian. Throw in the associated Matt Hardy/Edge heat, and you've got a really hot title match, I think. "Hardy" is also a good name in wrestling right now.

Destor
06-22-2008, 03:59 AM
So KK, how successful are you compared to Matt Hardy? Being in the mid-card of the biggest wrestling promotion in the world is not a bad thing, especially considering how the US Title has been made to look recently (despite the rarity of its defences). MVP defended the belt against guys like Ric Flair and Batista.
KK is so succesful he doesn't have to put on pants to go to work and doesn't need/want $200,000 dollars. :roll:

Mr. Nerfect
06-22-2008, 04:07 AM
KK is so succesful he doesn't have to put on pants to go to work and doesn't need/want $200,000 dollars. :roll:

Is it that he doesn't need/want those things, or are we talking a fat/lazy issue?

The Optimist
06-22-2008, 06:43 AM
By the way, they should so do a thing where the US Champion challenges for the World Heavyweight Title at The Great American Bash. It just feels like a patriotic way to set up the match, and in some ways would be a throw-back to when the US Champion was the default #2 Contender. Puts the titles into perspective against each other.

This year, the story of it would be tremendous: The hard-working and rising star, Matt Hardy, tries to win the big gold belt from the evil, opportunistic Canadian. Throw in the associated Matt Hardy/Edge heat, and you've got a really hot title match, I think. "Hardy" is also a good name in wrestling right now.
I'd support this. More out of principal than specifically for Matt and Edge. I always like a good upper midcard vs. main event titles match. And it's another cool way to push guys to the top. Then it can either set up one man to have both belts which is nifty or to have a US title tournament every once in a while.

Theo Dious
06-22-2008, 11:09 AM
That was a while ago brother. 4 years ago right? Things change.

If you think about it though, since they were getting rid of that crap-awful spinner belt in the process, that could be seen as a protection of the belt.