PDA

View Full Version : BDC wants to know

BigDaddyCool
07-01-2008, 02:06 PM
Mark Herny, is he a good choice as the ECW Champion.

I say yes, but what about you?

thedamndest
07-01-2008, 02:07 PM
No because it automatically means he will be at the next PPV.

BigDaddyCool
07-01-2008, 02:08 PM
ECW title isn't defended at every ppv.

thedamndest
07-01-2008, 02:10 PM
Well it exponentially raises the chance of him being there compared to him being a flunky on Smackdown. Not that it matters really because I don't buy the PPVs. I will reevaluate my stance to "indifference".

Xero
07-01-2008, 02:11 PM
My question is, does this count as a 100% black WWE World Champion?

And I say "let's wait and see".

thedamndest
07-01-2008, 02:13 PM
Are you questioning Mark Henry's blackness?

thedamndest
07-01-2008, 02:13 PM
The man is this black "

".

Xero
07-01-2008, 02:14 PM
Are you questioning Mark Henry's blackness?

Of course not.

I'm questioning the ECW Championship's Championshipness.

The only way Mark Henry could be blacker is if he's seen through a blind person's eyes.

thedamndest
07-01-2008, 02:17 PM
I think it's time they give him a "specialty match". What should it be?

Xero
07-01-2008, 02:18 PM
Donkey Kong Scaffold Match.

thedamndest
07-01-2008, 02:20 PM
The network censors might have a problem with that...

Xero
07-01-2008, 02:22 PM
If they would air the Katie Vick angle they would air anything.

thedamndest
07-01-2008, 02:24 PM
Plus realistically I don't think Mark Henry could climb a vine if he needs to go to level two.

BigDaddyCool
07-01-2008, 02:25 PM
BDC like Mark Henry, so you all can fuck yourselves. I have no reason behind it.

Xero
07-01-2008, 02:26 PM
Plus realistically I don't think Mark Henry could climb a vine if he needs to go to level two.

ROFL

thedamndest
07-01-2008, 02:32 PM
They would probably just give him the Ambulance match, he's good at that.

Fox
07-01-2008, 02:56 PM
No. Henry sucks. I wish they would go back to the Hammerstein for just one night so we could hear the "You Suck Dick" chants that would surely be directed toward him.

thedamndest
07-01-2008, 03:29 PM
Here is a side-question about Henry to ECW: Why did they waste a draft pick on him? I mean, unless they had nobody else they wanted to send to ECW past champions just "go to" ECW when they win the belt so not actually drafting Henry would have made it slightly more surprising.

Xero
07-01-2008, 03:36 PM
The same can be said about Punk. They should have left him on ECW for one more week and had him cash in, after all it's not like he had a spot on the PPV.

thedamndest
07-01-2008, 03:44 PM
He probably should have been on the PPV.

Juan
07-01-2008, 04:31 PM
I think it's fine for now.

NeanderCarl
07-01-2008, 05:08 PM
The only way Mark Henry could be blacker is if he's seen through a blind person's eyes.

I'm more of a nigger than Mark Henry.

thedamndest
07-01-2008, 05:16 PM
<i>From TPWW.net:</i>Class Act Carl has been suspended from TPWW for 60 days.

Executioner
07-02-2008, 01:20 AM
Mark Herny, is he a good choice as the ECW Champion.

I say yes, but what about you?

if BDC says yes...so do i :y:

Theo Dious
07-02-2008, 07:17 AM
I'm more of a nigger than Mark Henry.

I'm more of a nigger than he is and I'm only 7/8 black.

Outsider
07-02-2008, 07:34 AM
Mark Henry is a useless sack of bollocks.

I watched the rise and fall of ECW last night and just wished they could go back to that :(

screech
07-02-2008, 11:40 AM
No. Not at all. Mark Henry has been around for what, 12 years? And what has he done in that time?

That's right, nothing. The only thing he's remembered for is screwing Mae Young and producing a hand. He's worthless as a wrestler (yes I said it) and certainly doesn't deserve a title, even if it is the ECW title.

Xerzes
07-03-2008, 12:39 AM
He's fat. He hurts my eyes and brain. I really hates him.

Mister Sinister
07-03-2008, 01:30 AM
I'm more of a nigger than he is and I'm only 3/4 White, 1/4 Mexican.

James Steele
07-03-2008, 02:06 AM
He will make an ok transitional champion until the Extreme Giant returns to ECW fulltime.

Juan
07-03-2008, 02:30 AM
Who's that?

James Steele
07-03-2008, 02:55 AM
<object width="425" height="344">THWA EXSTWEEM DWEEM BABY!

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IwV5VLA9p7o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Mr. Nerfect
07-03-2008, 03:36 AM
The same can be said about Punk. They should have left him on ECW for one more week and had him cash in, after all it's not like he had a spot on the PPV.

And that would get a World Title onto RAW how?

Mr. Nerfect
07-03-2008, 03:44 AM
I don't hate Mark Henry as much as most. I think the guy is a pretty good promo. Also, if they put him over as a guy trying to prove that after over a decade in the WWE, and over several million invested into him, that he was worth it all -- he'd have a damn good story to him. I just can't get into Henry as he is, though. Feels like The Great Khali as World Heavyweight Champion, to be honest.

Kane was just starting to help the ECW Title recover from its case of the Benoits. Seriously, if the ECW Title were contended between Chris Benoit and CM Punk in 2007, I don't think anyone would contest its status as a World Title belt. Benoit's incident as put a bit of a curse on the title, and it's seen first-time World Champions crowned pretty much consistently with the belt, which makes people question the validity of their reigns. Kane was at least a WWE Champion before winning the belt, and carries a lot of respect with your average fan. There was nothing wrong with Kane holding the belt, and getting a good run.

If you needed to switch the belt off Kane, Big Show would have been a better option than Henry. Show is just generally more talented than Henry, and it's not his first sprint with a big belt. It'd be his sixth World Title, and you can consider the belt a World Title when Big Show holds it. If not Big Show, why not Umaga? The Samoan Bulldozer took what should have been a dead-end gimmick, and put on some great matches when he wasn't expected to, and evolved the character beyond reason. If ECW needed a new monster, Umaga would have been a far more suitable option than Henry. It'd be Umaga's first World Title reign, too, but at least Umaga has pretty consistently been kept strong, and has two Intercontinental Championships to his name.

I'm not going to say that Mark Henry with the ECW Title is necessarily a bad move. It will probably raise Henry's perception with casual fans more so than it will hurt the ECW Title's. I just don't think it was the best option available to the WWE, nor was it the most compelling.

If the WWE wanted to put a belt on Mark Henry for being a loyal employee, and Michael Hayes calling himself a nigger, Henry could have won the US Title from Matt Hardy, freeing up Matt for a move to the main events. Henry also could have been drafted to RAW, and put over Chris Jericho as a face, winning the IC Title.

BigDaddyCool
07-03-2008, 10:32 AM
Shut up noid.

Xero
07-03-2008, 11:26 AM
And that would get a World Title onto RAW how?

The MITB can be used on any title. He wins the WHC out of no where and they play it off like since he won it on RAW he's now on RAW.

Simple and would have made for a bigger surprise.

screech
07-03-2008, 01:01 PM
Kane was bringing credibility to that belt, now it's stuck in the shitter with Mark Henry. Then again, Mark has been in the shitter for 12 years, so any strap they put on him would join him there, not bring him out of it.

BigDaddyCool
07-03-2008, 01:30 PM
How was Kane bringing credibility to the belt?

screech
07-03-2008, 02:05 PM
How was Kane bringing credibility to the belt?

Because Kane is a damn good worker and has been a champion. He's actually done things in the company and people actually like watching him. Having someone like Kane (i.e. a good wrestler) hold the belt makes it mean something rather than it being a glorified mid-card belt.

BigDaddyCool
07-03-2008, 02:28 PM
Kane was a good worker, now he is kind of lazy. He hasn't really done shit with the ECW title that he doesn't do with the ECW title. It is was meaningless around his waste. He didn't have stellar matches or fueds while champion. Morrison, Punk, and Chavo were adding crediblity to the belt, they had some really good matches between themselves. Kane was a place holder champion. He didn't hurt the image of the belt, it just exist around his waste. And so far Mark Henry winning the title hasn't hurt the image of the title.

screech
07-03-2008, 02:39 PM
I agree that Chavo Morrison and Punk brought the belt credibility because they are/were rising stars. Kane is an established star, hence credibility (that is, being a dominant champion, although he could have done more than feud with fucking Chavo).

Mark Henry, on the other hand, is a piece of crap. He is by no means a star and only got the belt because of the Michael Hayes publicity nightmare. While he hasn't hurt the image yet, he will soon because he's fucking Mark Henry. This is just as bad as Khali being World Heavyweight Champion.

BigDaddyCool
07-03-2008, 02:51 PM
I agree that Chavo Morrison and Punk brought the belt credibility because they are/were rising stars. Kane is an established star, hence credibility (that is, being a dominant champion, although he could have done more than feud with fucking Chavo).

Mark Henry, on the other hand, is a piece of crap. He is by no means a star and only got the belt because of the Michael Hayes publicity nightmare. While he hasn't hurt the image yet, he will soon because he's fucking Mark Henry. This is just as bad as Khali being World Heavyweight Champion.

Kane isn't a star, he is a midcarder for life. No one pays money to see Kane. Granted no one pays money to see Mark Henry. But the point is, Henry isn't doing anything to the ECW title yet, and it is unfair to say he is going to ruin the title after he just got it.

BigDaddyCool
07-03-2008, 02:53 PM
Also, the WWECW title hasn't really meant shit to start with. It was just something they gave RVD, the he lost it because of pot to Bigshow. It was nothing other than soemthing for uppermidcard wrestlers to fued over, then Vince took it from lashley and it remained crap ever since.

Stickman
07-03-2008, 03:33 PM
IF he's going to turn to "hardcore" wrestlng it would be great. But ECW is not hardcore....plus do people watch? I don't even know when it's on.

Juan
07-03-2008, 09:30 PM
Comparing Mark Henry to the Great Khali is like comparing ice cream to horse manure.

Vastardikai
07-04-2008, 03:13 AM
Comparing Mark Henry to the Great Khali is like comparing ice cream to horse manure.

More like comparing Cow Manure to Horse Manure. At the end of the day, they're STILL shit.

Only difference being that Khali has at least entertained me.

Juan
07-04-2008, 03:19 AM
Not me. I will agree that they are both shit, however.

screech
07-04-2008, 12:53 PM
The ECW title doesn't mean much, if anything at all, but having a lifelong jobber hold it won't help things. Maybe it is a little unfair...no, no it's not. It's Mark Henry and he is terrible. Khali is also terrible, but at least he has that chop.