PDA

View Full Version : Journey to the centre of the earth (3D)

Just John
07-02-2008, 12:31 PM
yeah, tbh I don't have much of a care about the plot, but the whole movie seems like an excuse to show off the 3D capabilities which entices me alot, especially since I havent been to the cinema in years.

So if anyone has any opinions on the film or how good/shit 3D cinema is, I wanna hear it :y:

Lock Jaw
07-02-2008, 01:21 PM
Beowulf was average at best, but the 3D turned it into an amazing cinematic experience. I probably wouldn't watch it without it now.

Juan
07-02-2008, 07:59 PM
The Nightmare Before Christmas in 3D was pretty damn cool.

PapaGeorgio
07-02-2008, 09:35 PM
Theater by my house keeps playing Nightmare Before Christmas 3D around thanksgiving, but they I was always away at school, and when I'd come home it be gone. Really want to see it.

Just John
07-03-2008, 01:31 PM
what exactly does 3D mean as far as a cinema is concerned? I remember there was a spy kids film where apparently everyone was given 3D Glasses and shit, is it like that or just flashy CGI stuff?

Lock Jaw
07-03-2008, 01:34 PM
3D means things are popping outta the screen and crap. Well, more like everything is still on the screen, but it appears to have REAL depth to it (not that everything is flat on the screen). It isn't like red and blue glasses or whatever.

Just John
07-03-2008, 02:07 PM
hmm, sounds not bad. can you experience this from a normal screen or is it epic from a cinema?

Lock Jaw
07-03-2008, 02:22 PM
I don't know how the technology works. I don't know if the film is made that way, or it is something done during the projection of the film. Plus, you still need 3D glasses, they just aren't red and blue.

EDIT- Apparently, it is the projection: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_D_Cinema