PDA

View Full Version : Trevor Murdoch released

Evil Vito
07-03-2008, 06:52 PM
http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/murdochreleased

<font color=goldenrod>We have come to terms on the release of Trevor Murdoch as of today, July 03, 2008. We wish Trevor the best in all future endeavors.

------

Didn't see that one coming, admittedly. Thought they were gonna make him a comedy act on SD.

Domino is almost certainly next.</font> :(

thedamndest
07-03-2008, 06:56 PM
Does he have a sick kid?

MCEazy
07-03-2008, 06:57 PM
lmfao, I soo saw this coming :lol:, he can now move onto his singing career at least

ClockShot
07-03-2008, 07:02 PM
Figured on Smackdown he would have something fresh to start with.

Guess the writers couldn't figure out something for him.

RhodeIslandShawn
07-03-2008, 07:02 PM
I thought Cade and Murdoch made for a decent tag team, and I'm not sure if Cade is ready for the singles push yet. Why were they ever split up?!?

Evil Vito
07-03-2008, 07:03 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I demand a video of Trevor singing a sad country song within the next 3 hours.</font>

RhodeIslandShawn
07-03-2008, 07:08 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I demand a video of Trevor singing a sad country song within the next 3 hours.</font>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1jTMYBy4zc&amp;feature=related

I guess his friends in low places couldn't help him this time.

Evil Vito
07-03-2008, 07:15 PM
:lol:

<font color=goldenrod>That was a hilarious moment. Just came from nowhere.</font>

Team Sheep
07-03-2008, 07:22 PM
If Smackdown had nothing for him then surely there was room for him on ECW. They're crying out for something...anything.

Gertner
07-03-2008, 07:30 PM
cade and murodhc were my fav tag team. this is ridiculous

RGWhat316
07-03-2008, 07:32 PM
Wow, I am definitely surprised by this. Thought he would do something on SD, but guess not now.

Juan
07-03-2008, 07:36 PM
I always thought Murdoch was a better heel than Cade.

Juan
07-03-2008, 07:39 PM
I always wondered why WWE releases dece3nt workers but insist on keeping guys like Big Daddy V, Khali and Mizark on the payroll.

NoRoolz
07-03-2008, 07:40 PM
What? I've just started enjoying him.

"I got friends, in lowww places"

Xero
07-03-2008, 07:42 PM
What? I've just started enjoying him.

"I got friends, in lowww places"

Yeah, the unemployment line.

Mercury Bullet
07-03-2008, 07:52 PM
I think he'll get picked up by TNA and keep rolling with the singing cowboy gimmick.

Blue Demon
07-03-2008, 08:05 PM
:|

Dorkchop
07-03-2008, 08:33 PM
I really liked Murdoch. He was pretty good in the ring, as works really in the ring as a heel. I saw him years ago at a house show before he was on tv and he did a great job working the crowd as a heel. He reeks of old school too.

Shadow
07-03-2008, 08:40 PM
I really liked Murdoch. He was pretty good in the ring, as works really in the ring as a heel. I saw him years ago at a house show before he was on tv and he did a great job working the crowd as a heel. He reeks of old school too.

Opritive word right there.

The Optimist
07-03-2008, 08:49 PM
This is rediculous. Murdoch is superior to Cade. Maybe I'm living in Bizarro World.

Blitz
07-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Boo. Loved Murdoch.

Juan
07-03-2008, 09:20 PM
He reeks of old school too.

That's one of the reasons why I really liked him.

#1-norm-fan
07-03-2008, 09:23 PM
Wow. Why use a draft pick on him and then a week later, release him? Just after his gimmick was getting off the ground too. They could have easily used him on Smackdown. Ridiculous.

The Franchise
07-03-2008, 09:25 PM
Maybe it was mutual? :shrugs:

6to1
07-03-2008, 09:26 PM
well james storm has a new tag partner ah drinking buddy. i wanted hih to fued with festus before he was canned that would be gold

Vastardikai
07-03-2008, 10:48 PM

Cade NEEDED Murdoch to get any kind of reaction.

Cade is a tag team wrestler for life, because he has no personality. Murdoch, on the other hand, can work as a heel, and he can talk. His problem was that he wasn't nasty ENOUGH. Give him a bad attitude, a willingness to hurt people, and the fearless to fight anybody... He'll get over. (that and the Word "Vato", right Trent?)

At this stage, I say HBK as Teacher < Harley as Teacher.

I see Trevor in TNA or in ROH. A booker with an idea of how to book an old school brawler (Cornette) would have a field day.

Rollermacka
07-03-2008, 11:00 PM

Ok it's not Trevor but he's got about the same amount of muscle as he has and the pale skin, but I think that he's got more singing talent than Trevor.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KNHLywCfnHI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KNHLywCfnHI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The MAC
07-04-2008, 12:40 AM
maybe he did something to get canned?

Lux
07-04-2008, 01:09 AM
This is rediculous. Murdoch is superior to Cade. Maybe I'm living in Bizarro World.

Welcome to WWE

Heyman
07-04-2008, 01:09 AM
http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/murdochreleased

We have come to terms on the release of Trevor Murdoch as of today, July 03, 2008. We wish Trevor the best in all future endeavors.

------

Didn't see that one coming, admittedly. Thought they were gonna make him a comedy act on SD.

Domino is almost certainly next. :(

Pretty dumb move on the WWE's part (unless of course, Murdoch did something to warrant being fired). The guy had a decent gimmick, and was somewhat over with the fans. If Smackdown had nothing in store for him, he could've atleast been used on ECW.

TerranRich
07-04-2008, 04:29 AM
RAW Writers: Here you go guys! We've set you up with a great gimmick in Trevor Murdoch's burgeoning singing career! The possibilities are endless!
Smackdown Writers:..... Um...... Yeah, no, we can't think of shit. [Tosses profile page in garbage.] NEXT!

Outsider
07-04-2008, 04:48 AM
I wonder if we'll see a couple of releases now?

Now they've slowed Khali's momentum I can see him going.

That won't be as much of a shame as this one.

Londoner
07-04-2008, 06:21 AM
RAW Writers: Here you go guys! We've set you up with a great gimmick in Trevor Murdoch's burgeoning singing career! The possibilities are endless!
Smackdown Writers:..... Um...... Yeah, no, we can't think of shit. [Tosses profile page in garbage.] NEXT!

:rofl:

About fucking time this happened.

Ruien
07-04-2008, 12:13 PM
I wonder if we'll see a couple of releases now?

Now they've slowed Khali's momentum I can see him going.

That won't be as much of a shame as this one.

Khali will not be released, due to him being such a big part of India.

Anybody Thrilla
07-04-2008, 02:54 PM
This is sad news. I forget what PPV it was (maybe Backlash?), but Cade and Murdoch had a match for the tag titles against The Hardys, and I remember it being pretty much the best match on the show.

Fox
07-04-2008, 05:15 PM
No big deal.

Mr. Nerfect
07-04-2008, 11:25 PM
I did not predict this release coming. I would have thought Brian Kendrick would have been released before Trevor Murdoch, for example. I've never been a massive fan of Murdoch, but he's always been surprisingly decent in the ring, and his mic skills were above average, and he could play a good character.

Lance Cade was always going to be the star of the group. Cade has got more size, a cleaner look, is good in the ring, has a trainer on WWE staff and probably has better mic skills than Murdoch, believe it or not. During their tag team days, Murdoch got to play the "character" of the team, but when they split up, it was pretty obvious who was the Shawn Michaels and who was the Marty Jannetty.

Apparently RAW had nothing for Murdoch, and Michael Hayes wanted him, but with Hayes out of power, I assumed the SmackDown! writers said "fuck it." I hate those writers pretty bad.

I don't think Murdoch would be the best signing for TNA. The man never really did much in the WWE, and would possibly be a less impactful signing off the bat than Kip James. However, if TNA got Harley Race to appear on their programming, put Murdoch over as the future of the wrestling business, and they have Murdoch a serious, old-school gimmick, and maybe kept up the singing on occasion, Murdoch could grow into something for them.

Mr. Nerfect
07-04-2008, 11:25 PM
Also, I think it is about time Snitsky and Big Daddy V got released. Nothing against either man, but come on. Do we really need them?

Vastardikai
07-05-2008, 02:27 AM
Something else I thought about, because we all know my feelings on HBK (fake christian who is still politics his way through everything for those in the dark.).

Before I continue, one quick thing...

*puts on tinfoil hat*

Ok. I honestly think the singing gimmick was used to Intentionally cut the legs out from under Murdoch. I mean, it's odd that Cade (HBK's boy) is in line for the big push while Murdoch (Harley's boy) is on the unemployment line. How the fuck can you not come up with something for the guy? He was working a nasty redneck gimmick, how can you work that and NOT come up with something for it? ESPECIALLY considering how many chances Lance Cade has had. How many? Let's see...

1. Invasion (Fell flat)
2. Garrison Cade, raider of Flair's closet, managed by Coach (Fell flat)
3. Cade and Murdoch, mach 1.0 (was actually decent before the split. Came off as a goof in a cowboy hat.)
4. Cade singles run (Fell Flat)
5. Cade and Murdoch, mach 2.0 (was better than mach 1.0, even with jobbing out to D-X. Actually looked like a threat for a change.)
6. Lance Cade, Y2J's boy (remains to be seen.)

Murdoch...

1. Cade and Murdoch, Mach 1.0 (see above, caught my attention immediately)
2. Murdoch's singles run (was decent, but not given enough time. Mainly Website exclusive promos that were excellent if more than 3 people saw them.)
3. Cade and Murdoch, Mach 2.0 (see above, did much of the solid mic work with the "Sportsmen" gimmick)
4. Murdoch, singer (possible gooker nominee, wished well on his future endeavors.)

As far as I'm concerned, if not for HBK and Murdoch, Cade would have been unemployed YEARS ago. And, if he falls flat even while riding Jericho's coattails, he should be shown the door.

As for Murdoch, I don't feel bad for him. I am sure he'll land on his feet. Be it the two possiblities I mentioned above or even NOAH, where he'll DEFINITELY get over as a straight up Redneck badass Gaijin.

Skippord
07-05-2008, 05:36 AM
I was rather enjoying the singing gimmick

Evil Vito
07-05-2008, 09:53 AM
1. Invasion (Fell flat)
3. Cade and Murdoch, mach 1.0 (was actually decent before the split. Came off as a goof in a cowboy hat.)
5. Cade and Murdoch, mach 2.0 (was better than mach 1.0, even with jobbing out to D-X. Actually looked like a threat for a change.)

<font color=goldenrod>When the fuck was Lance Cade in the invasion?</font> :wtf:

loopydate
07-05-2008, 12:12 PM
Yeah, Cade had nothing to do with the invasion.

Funky Fly
07-05-2008, 11:51 PM
It was shortly after the invasion when he was teaming with Jindrak as Garrison Cade that you're thinking of. He was never actually in the invasion.

Vastardikai
07-06-2008, 01:50 AM
Oh, my bad.

I thought the team of Cade and Jindrak WAS part of the Invasion.

Shit happens.

Xerzes
07-06-2008, 04:49 AM
Always liked Murdoch, and kept waiting for him to get that slightly bigger nudge to really go somewhere. So this kinda sucks.

Mr. Nerfect
07-06-2008, 06:47 AM
Something else I thought about, because we all know my feelings on HBK (fake christian who is still politics his way through everything for those in the dark.).

Before I continue, one quick thing...

*puts on tinfoil hat*

Ok. I honestly think the singing gimmick was used to Intentionally cut the legs out from under Murdoch. I mean, it's odd that Cade (HBK's boy) is in line for the big push while Murdoch (Harley's boy) is on the unemployment line. How the fuck can you not come up with something for the guy? He was working a nasty redneck gimmick, how can you work that and NOT come up with something for it? ESPECIALLY considering how many chances Lance Cade has had. How many? Let's see...

1. Invasion (Fell flat)

Murdoch...

1. Cade and Murdoch, Mach 1.0 (see above, caught my attention immediately)
2. Murdoch's singles run (was decent, but not given enough time. Mainly Website exclusive promos that were excellent if more than 3 people saw them.)
3. Cade and Murdoch, Mach 2.0 (see above, did much of the solid mic work with the "Sportsmen" gimmick)
4. Murdoch, singer (possible gooker nominee, wished well on his future endeavors.)

As far as I'm concerned, if not for HBK and Murdoch, Cade would have been unemployed YEARS ago. And, if he falls flat even while riding Jericho's coattails, he should be shown the door.

As for Murdoch, I don't feel bad for him. I am sure he'll land on his feet. Be it the two possiblities I mentioned above or even NOAH, where he'll DEFINITELY get over as a straight up Redneck badass Gaijin.

You left out the Dupp gimmick for Murdoch. :shifty:

But seriously, I don't think it is a massive conspiracy. I don't remember this "Invasion" thing to which you are referring. Garrison Cade was pretty terrible, although I did like his music. If Lance Cade's singles run fell flat, then so did Trevor Murdoch's, make no mistake about it.

Cade is the more talented of the two, in my opinion, but I'm sure there would have been something for Murdoch to do. I just think the WWE is lazy in actually doing it. For example, why couldn't Murdoch come to HBK's defence in this feud with Chris Jericho and Lance Cade? Why couldn't Murdoch sing his own rendition of "Sexy Boy," which I guarantee would have gotten over?

The gimmick wasn't done to hurt Murdoch, I don't think, it was just using the man's talents in a way to try and get him over, and well...it failed. But I meant to mention what you did at the end of your post, Trevor Murdoch in Japan would be a very, very good thing. Murdoch can make some money, get a fanbase, then return to the WWE when he has proven that he can hang with the best.

Vastardikai
07-06-2008, 05:56 PM
The gimmick wasn't done to hurt Murdoch, I don't think, it was just using the man's talents in a way to try and get him over, and well...it failed.

Because the country singing gimmick worked WONDERS for Jeff Jarrett's career...

:shifty:

As much as I hate Jarrett in general, this gimmick didn't help him at all. How was I supposed to give a fuck about a guy who is a country singer trying to conquer Nashville by taking down the WWF. Especially while wearing christmas lights on his hat...

That's it! All Murdoch needed was a string of Christmas lights on his trucker hat and he'd have been a huge draw!

Seriously, he'll have some classics against the likes of KENTA, Morishima, et al and be back.

thedamndest
07-06-2008, 07:49 PM
Hey, it gives him a guitar to hit people with instead of a chair...

TerranRich
07-06-2008, 10:34 PM
Oh, my bad.

Shit happens.

I thought for a moment that you were confusing him with Lance Storm. I was going to punch you in the mouth.

Anybody Thrilla
07-07-2008, 05:25 PM
Oh, my bad.

Shit happens.

You're thinking of Palumbo and O'Haire.