PDA

View Full Version : JR's thoughts on the '09 HOF

RhodeIslandShawn
07-03-2008, 07:55 PM
From JR's blog:

- On the possible WWE Hall of Fame class of 2009: "Just glancing at the list of many, many viable and worthwhile candidates one preliminary list might include, in no particular order, Steve Austin, The Fabulous Freebirds, The Von Erich Family, The Funks, the late Houston Promoter Paul Boesch, The Million Dollar Man and Ricky Steamboat. How’s that for starters? Personally, I would add Danny Hodge, Scandar Akbar, and Bill Watts but I am not overly objective when it comes to those that I have admired since I was a kid or those that have helped me throughout my career.

I know it's early, but what do you guys think of JR's list? It'd be cool to see Austin get in, and I hope Bret Hart would induct him since he inducted Bret. I think it's time for Akbar & Gary Hart to get in, especially since Jimmy Hart already is, even though lots of you have probably never heard of those first two, and the Von Erichs & Funks are also are overdue for induction. What do you think?

Juan
07-03-2008, 08:10 PM
Too early for Stone Cold. Owen Hart should go in before him.

St. Jimmy
07-03-2008, 08:41 PM
Austin, Von Erics, Freebirds, and Funks sound like the plan.

#1-norm-fan
07-03-2008, 09:28 PM
Too early for Stone Cold. Owen Hart should go in before him.

I don't think it's too early at all. The man has been "retired" for quite a while now and he's MUCH more of an obvious choice than Owen. Why wait?

Supermark101
07-03-2008, 09:59 PM
BRUISER BRODY:mad:

thedamndest
07-03-2008, 10:05 PM
I'd rather hear Michael Cole's thoughts on the HOF '09.

mrslackalack
07-03-2008, 10:11 PM
Austin hasnt wrestled since WM 19 in early 2003. If it was done FB and Baseball style (5 yr wait for players after retirement) then Austin would be eligible.

RhodeIslandShawn
07-03-2008, 10:47 PM
With Austin not being able to wrestle anymore, I think it's definitely time for him to get in. I'd like to see Owen inducted too but I guess his bitter wife won't let that happen.

Evil Vito
07-03-2008, 11:56 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Yeah perfect time for Austin to get in, especially with it being in Texas and all.

I'd mark for most of those people getting in.</font> :cool:

Juan
07-04-2008, 12:25 AM
So would you guys be ok with The Rock being inducted this year as well?

DaVe
07-04-2008, 12:27 AM
Rock last wrestled a year after Austin.

The Franchise
07-04-2008, 12:31 AM
Well, it's in Texas first of all. Austin is older than Rock and it would be retarded to induct two of the biggest wrestlers in WWE history in the same year.

Juan
07-04-2008, 12:35 AM
I'm talking in theory here. I think it's too soon for Steve, some of you disagree, which is fine, but I was wondering how you guys would feel IF The Rock was inducted also. The ceremony being in Texas notwithstanding.

The Franchise
07-04-2008, 12:43 AM
Oh sorry, misunderstood ya. I think I would feel it's too early for the Rock and it wouldn't feel right. With Stone Cold I think it's alright since technically he's been in wrestling for like 19 years if you count his pre-WWE stuff, whereas Rock literally was only in wrestling for six years. So while it may be a little early for Austin, I think it's alright since it's in Texas. Even if it wasn't there, I think he should be inducted within the next few years. The dude retired from wrestling in 2003, so it's been like five years now.

FourFifty
07-04-2008, 01:52 AM
Since it's Texas they should put in The Von Erichs, but only if the Freebirds go in. If it wasn't for the Freebirds, the Von Erichs wouldn't have gotten to where they were.
Also, while we're in Texas, put Steve Austin in there. What he did for the industry was nothing short of awesome.
I think The Million Dollar Man OR Ricky Steamboat should go in, and save the other one for next year. You don't want to put everyone in at once.

Also, The Rock and Owen Hart do not belong in the Hall of Fame.
The Rock was a huge draw, don't get me wrong, and it seemed he had no problems passing the title (since he never held the WWE title for more than 4 months) but the guy was in the industry for less than 10 years. He found a way to make more money with less work. I'm not going to knock him for getting a bigger payday for less work, but as a wrestler, I think The Brooklyn Brawler is above him on the Hall of Fame list.
As of Owen.... He could have been great. He could have been a world champion, no problem. However, he didn't have the chance to do all of that. I don't want to put someone's potential in the Hall of Fame. If Owen goes, so does Mike Awesome, Mass Transit, Bryan Adams, and Chris Benoit.

Juan
07-04-2008, 02:25 AM
Fair enough.

Vastardikai
07-04-2008, 02:29 AM
Inductions that will NEVER happen, but should:

5. Ole Anderson (alone or in a team with Gene): Great tag team (with Gene), good talker. Problem is that he's too big of a douchebag.

4. Jim Cornette: Best Manager and mind the wrestling industry has ever had. Too much of a hot head and works for the competition.

3. Randy Savage: In his prime, he was a walking match of the night. Too bad he fooled around with Stephanie, YEAH!

2. Bruno Sammartino: One of the best WWWF champions of all time. hard feelings between him and Vince force an irreparable rift.

1. Kevin Sullivan: Had a long career, including a run at the top against Hogan. Contributed more to wrestling than people understand with the Army of Darkness. No Kevin Sullivan, no Undertaker, no dark storylines in general.

Honorable Mentions: Dennis Stamp and New Jack.

:shifty:

The Franchise
07-04-2008, 02:30 AM
Did you seriously just say The Rock does not belong in the WWE Hall of Fame?

THE ROCK? The guy who got one of the highest votes to get into the WON Hall of Fame, doesn't belong in the WWE Hall of Fame that has Pete Rose in it?

uhh...

Juan
07-04-2008, 05:04 AM
Well I think eventually he'll get in.

St. Jimmy
07-04-2008, 05:25 AM
The Rock doesn't deserve to be in the HOF. He's had good fueds and matches with only what? 3 People?

Austin, Triple H, and Foley.

Truth is, he left too early.

#1-norm-fan
07-04-2008, 05:37 AM
The Rock doesn't deserve to be in the HOF. He's had good fueds and matches with only what? 3 People?

Austin, Triple H, and Foley.

Truth is, he left too early.

So arguably the biggest name in the history of the WWE doesn't deserve to be in the WWE Hall of Fame, huh?

St. Jimmy
07-04-2008, 05:38 AM
So arguably the biggest name in the history of the WWE doesn't deserve to be in the WWE Hall of Fame, huh?

Huh? Austin is going into the HOF. The topic is about him, obviously you can't read.

#1-norm-fan
07-04-2008, 05:41 AM
The Rock doesn't deserve to be in the HOF

Yeah, that does say "Austin doesn't deserve to be in the HOF".

My mistake.

St. Jimmy
07-04-2008, 05:50 AM
Yeah, that does say "Austin doesn't deserve to be in the HOF".

My mistake.

lol. okay kid.

The Franchise
07-04-2008, 06:04 AM
The Rock is the WON Hall of Fame for fuck sake, something Chris Jericho will never be in. What kind of an argument is this for Rock not deserving the Hall of Fame? He only had three good feuds? Uhh, what about the impact he had on the business? Pete Rose is in the fucking Hall of Fame yet The Rock doesn't deserve it? Wow.

This is beyond retarded.

The Franchise
07-04-2008, 06:08 AM
That same logic can be used for Austin. He's only had what, 3 or 4 good feuds against Vince, Bret, Rock and Angle? Maybe HBK, but Rock has had good feuds with Lesnar and Jericho. If The Rock isn't in the WWE Hall of Fame than nobody except Hogan, Austin, Michaels, Bret and like... a select few others should be.

NoRoolz
07-04-2008, 06:36 AM
I do understand arguments against the Rock being in the hall of fame.

But realistically he will be inducted, and I think he deserves to. I understand that he may not have passion for the business like others and probably wouldn't be worthy to be inducted for a WRESTLING hall of fame.

But a WWE hall of fame is very different, in his WWE career, short as it may have been, he had many memorable matches, many great moments and especially great interviews. He was on top for a period where WWE was at it's highest ever. He has to be inducted.

addy2hotty
07-04-2008, 07:29 AM
Yep, time for Austin & Dibiase this year.

Although Bret won't have the balls to induct Austin. He won't make any cash out of it so it won't interest him.

James Steele
07-04-2008, 12:10 PM
If they have this list, I will freaking explode in my britches:

Stone Cold
Terry Funk
Ted DiBiase
Dory Funk Jr. & Sr.
The Von Erichs
The Freebirds
Gory Guerrero
Gary Hart

WWE should have waited on Dusty. If they induct this list with Dusty Rhodes then they could sell out the almost any decent size building they wanted to.

Loose Cannon
07-04-2008, 01:35 PM
uhhh, why would the entire Von Erich family go in? I just don't get that at all. I've argued this before, but none of them are HOF's except Fritz and maybe David and Kerry.

and lol @ the Rock not deserving to go in. holy shit. how do you not put one of the biggest draws ever and the one guy in the business who actually succeded at something outside of wrestling. that's the most ludacris statement I've heard in a long while

Rob
07-04-2008, 01:43 PM
Post this thread in the "Proof wrestling fans are fucking morons" super thread.

Rob
07-04-2008, 01:45 PM
Although Bret won't have the balls to induct Austin. He won't make any cash out of it so it won't interest him.

The same Bret Hart who is the only person since Andre The Giant who has been inducted into the HOF and refused to take any money for it?

Everyone else has been paid to appear. Inductees and their families. Bret Hart is the only person who hasn't been.

Suppose this is me riding his jock though.

RVDmark
07-04-2008, 01:46 PM
Of course The Rock deserves to go in the HOF. I still think Rock will surprise us all one day and return, even if its just for a short while.

Even if he never returns he deserves to go in. If it wasn't for him most of the members of these boards wouldn't be here.

addy2hotty
07-04-2008, 02:23 PM
The same Bret Hart who is the only person since Andre The Giant who has been inducted into the HOF and refused to take any money for it?

Everyone else has been paid to appear. Inductees and their families. Bret Hart is the only person who hasn't been.

Suppose this is me riding his jock though.

Haven't seen that reported. Searched for it as well.

Nothing to do with a DVD that was coming out shortly after either.

I hope he proves me wrong and inducts Austin, like he should.

Do you think he will Rob?

James Steele
07-04-2008, 02:41 PM
BTW, The Rock not being in the WWE HoF is absurd.

Ruien
07-04-2008, 02:52 PM
So would you guys be ok with The Rock being inducted this year as well?

Rock would no show.

Gertner
07-04-2008, 04:38 PM
Von Erich's
Freebirds
Austin
Gary Hart
Akbar
Boesch

Solid list.

I'd like to add Stan the mother fucking Lariat Hansen to the list.

Good call on whoever mentioned Brody.

Lock Jaw
07-04-2008, 04:44 PM
Mr. T needs to go in before The Rock goes in.

Juan
07-04-2008, 05:04 PM
Post this thread in the "Proof wrestling fans are fucking morons" super thread.

The fuck? I think you're the stupid one for coming in here and adding absolutely nothing of substance to this discussion. GTFO :mad:

Loose Cannon
07-04-2008, 05:29 PM
I'm inclined to agree with Rob there though.

Juan
07-04-2008, 05:31 PM
Say what you will, but I, sir, am no moron.

Mooияakeя™
07-04-2008, 07:46 PM
I think it's just bad timing for The Rock right now, what with his father last year, I'd say book it for Miami, and do him next year, the timing for Austin is perfect.

Are we ever gonna see a fully active for years to come wrestler in there? - Taker / HHH? - Flair was in but retired the next day.

therocksays
07-04-2008, 08:03 PM
THE MILLIONS

AND MILLIONS

OF ROCK FANS DEMAND THE ROCK IN THE HOF

although id like to see him wrestle one last time.

thedamndest
07-04-2008, 08:12 PM
Taker will probably have to actually be dead before he goes in. To protect the gimmick and all.

Mr. Nerfect
07-04-2008, 10:17 PM
The Rock deserves to go in the Hall of Fame. He's only made the WWE a bunch of money, put on some classic matches (from an entertainment perspective more than a wrestling perspective), and is one of the few wrestlers to actually crack it into the mainstream. Hulk Hogan, Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock -- to say any of those men don't deserve it is idiocy.

That being said, I wouldn't put The Rock in next year. Stone Cold gets a yes from me, but not The Rock. It's not that it's too early either (the man's career is done), but putting Austin and Rock in the same year is basically kissing a boatload of cash goodbye. Save The Rock for a future event.

I also wouldn't go with making all the inductees Texan, or famous for their contributions to the Texas scene, specifically. I wouldn't mind some, but Owen Hart going in, for example, would help balance things out.

I'd go with Ricky Steamboat (that man is long overdue), Stone Cold Steve Austin, Ted DiBiase, Owen Hart, Gory Guerrero, Terry Funk, the Von Erichs that deserve it, and maybe Mike Tyson to the celebrity wing. The Freebirds could be saved for a future year, dare I say it, although them going in would not get any complaints from me.

Mr. Nerfect
07-04-2008, 10:17 PM
Actually, I could see the WWE doing a double-header and putting both Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Undertaker in this year. And also having a "Texas-sized class," for the silver anniversary of WrestleMania.

The Franchise
07-05-2008, 03:16 AM
The Rock is already in the fucking Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame, something 90% of the WWE Hall of Fame will never be in.

The MAC
07-05-2008, 12:12 PM
Bret will induct undertaker. Vince should Austin. Ric flair will induct michaels. HHH will induct himself. oh and spoiler Cena overcomes the odds and is the main inductee.

Rob
07-05-2008, 12:46 PM
Haven't seen that reported. Searched for it as well.

Nothing to do with a DVD that was coming out shortly after either.

I hope he proves me wrong and inducts Austin, like he should.

Do you think he will Rob?

You haven't searched hard enough then. Email Meltzer, Bryan Alvarez or one of the PW Insider guys if you don't believe it.

I don't think he'll induct Austin purely because I don't think they'll ask him to do it. If they asked him, he'd do it for sure.

The fuck? I think you're the stupid one for coming in here and adding absolutely nothing of substance to this discussion. GTFO :mad:

I don't argue with fucking idiots who think one of the top 3 biggest stars in pro wrestling history doesn't deserve in a Hall of Fame.

#1-norm-fan
07-05-2008, 01:22 PM
Just a thought, people seem to put WAY too much stock into the WON Hall of Fame. The Rock being in it should not be used as a legit argument of why he should be in the WWE Hall of Fame.

Granted, nothing at all should be used as an argument as to why Rock should be in because it's a retarded argument to have but still...

The Franchise
07-05-2008, 02:55 PM
I just meant that it is far more difficult to be inducted into the WON Hall, since it is decided by smarks who actually have voting and stuff, whereas the WWE Hall of Fame will induct people just to get their son to make an appearance at the ceremony (Rock's father) and celebrities. If Rock can get into the WON Hall of Fame, then he should be in the WWE Hall of Fame (which he should be regardless). The only argument against him is "he left too soon." That is pretty pathetic IMO, since it's about impact, not the amount of time you've been in the WWE. I don't even know why we're arguing this, it was either a piss-take or quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever read from the IWC. Now that is saying something...

Rob
07-06-2008, 04:41 AM
Just a thought, people seem to put WAY too much stock into the WON Hall of Fame. The Rock being in it should not be used as a legit argument of why he should be in the WWE Hall of Fame.

You're kidding me right?

The WON Hall of Fame has a history. Legit wrestlers current and past, reporters and historians vote on it. It also has a bunch of guys in it that should be in every wrestling Hall of Fame and yet WWE decides to ignore them.

It has it's faults too but I know which one I take more serious.

The Franchise
07-06-2008, 05:39 AM
I'd love to hear the argument for Bret Hart being in the WWE Hall of Fame but not The Rock.

The Franchise
07-06-2008, 05:41 AM
hey guys bobby orr shouldnt b in the hockey hall of fame he only played like 10 years lol.

Rob
07-06-2008, 08:33 AM
I'd love to hear the argument for Bret Hart being in the WWE Hall of Fame but not The Rock.

I'd like to hear the argument for everyone except Hogan and Austin in the HOF and not The Rock.

Juan
07-06-2008, 06:43 PM
I don't argue with fucking idiots who think one of the top 3 biggest stars in pro wrestling history doesn't deserve in a Hall of Fame.

So thinking it's too soon for Austin to be inducted automatically means that I don't think he deserves it all?? If you would've taken the time to read my post, you would know that I never made such indication. C'mon now :lol: and I'm the idiot right?

Destor
07-06-2008, 06:56 PM
3. Randy Savage: In his prime, he was a walking match of the night. Too bad he fooled around with Stephanie, YEAH!
Has there ever been any evidence to this? I hear it all the time but I've never heard anyone in the buisness mention it. Curious.

Anywho. I think the WWE is jumping the gub putting all of these big names in so soon. It seems like at this rate they will run out of people to "main event" there HoF in a decade.

thedamndest
07-06-2008, 07:37 PM
Seriously, how is Kamala not in? HE SLAMMED ANDRE!!!

Loose Cannon
07-06-2008, 09:02 PM
shut the fuck up Juan. Rob wasn't even arguing with you. what the hell are you even talking about? all his comments about that are directed towards 450. can you even read?

The CyNick
07-06-2008, 10:30 PM
Also, The Rock and Owen Hart do not belong in the Hall of Fame.
The Rock was a huge draw, don't get me wrong, and it seemed he had no problems passing the title (since he never held the WWE title for more than 4 months) but the guy was in the industry for less than 10 years. He found a way to make more money with less work. I'm not going to knock him for getting a bigger payday for less work, but as a wrestler, I think The Brooklyn Brawler is above him on the Hall of Fame list.
As of Owen.... He could have been great. He could have been a world champion, no problem. However, he didn't have the chance to do all of that. I don't want to put someone's potential in the Hall of Fame. If Owen goes, so does Mike Awesome, Mass Transit, Bryan Adams, and Chris Benoit.

WOW

Thats nuts dude.

Rock doesn't belong? So the greatest performer in the history of the business shouldnt be in there? That would be like having a baseball Hall of Fame without Pete Rose, it would be meaningless.

#1-norm-fan
07-06-2008, 11:05 PM
You're kidding me right?

The WON Hall of Fame has a history. Legit wrestlers current and past, reporters and historians vote on it. It also has a bunch of guys in it that should be in every wrestling Hall of Fame and yet WWE decides to ignore them.

It has it's faults too but I know which one I take more serious.

I'm not trying to say it is less legit than the WWE HoF cause it certainly isn't. I'm just saying it's not this be all, end all list that should be used as leverage in arguments. It does indeed have it's flaws, guys going in too early to be specific. And as for "history", it's been around since '96. Not sure what kind of history it's built. WWE's has been around longer. I just find it funny how people jumped on Rock being in THAT HoF as a reason he should be in WWE's.

Destor
07-06-2008, 11:10 PM
Has there ever been any evidence to this? I hear it all the time but I've never heard anyone in the buisness mention it. Curious.

thedamndest
07-06-2008, 11:27 PM

Xero
07-07-2008, 12:00 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KjkRFF6zabI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KjkRFF6zabI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Rob
07-07-2008, 07:02 AM
So thinking it's too soon for Austin to be inducted automatically means that I don't think he deserves it all?? If you would've taken the time to read my post, you would know that I never made such indication. C'mon now :lol: and I'm the idiot right?

1 - I wasn't even talking about you.

2 - Too early for Austin? The guy is in his 40's and has been retired for years. How the fuck is it too early?

3 - He should be in regardless.

4 - Some fucking idiot on here said that Steve Lombardi should be in the Hall of Fame before Dwayne Johnson. Fucking IDIOT! And he also mentioned that Chris Benoit should be in before Owen Hart. Actually he mentioned Benoit should be in period. Maybe he should put over the Benoit case when he is collecting his cheque from Vince McMahon. Fucking IDIOT!.

PorkSoda
07-07-2008, 10:14 AM

He did? When?

The CyNick
07-07-2008, 03:16 PM
Its the perfect time for Austin. Silver anniversary of Mania, in Texas. Cant imagine a better spot.

I would save Rock for maybe the next Wrestlemania in LA or 30 whichever comes first.

Anyone who says Rock shouldnt be in must be a gimmick poster. Honestly, even if you dont think he's the greatest, or didnt care for his act, numbers dont lie, and he was money in the bank.

Loose Cannon
07-07-2008, 03:24 PM
Savage never was confirmed to have anything to do with Steph. It's been an internet rumor for years and it's ridiculous. the end

Destor
07-07-2008, 03:28 PM
Savage never was confirmed to have anything to do with Steph. It's been an internet rumor for years and it's ridiculous. the end
It's always been my take on it. WOuld love for someone to find something that points to this things legitimacy.

James Steele
07-07-2008, 04:47 PM
<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KjkRFF6zabI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

What the fuck is that from?

Loose Cannon
07-07-2008, 04:49 PM
he sent that video to Chavo right before he hung himself.

parkmania
07-07-2008, 06:20 PM
I know it's JR and everything, but I still find it amazing that he wrote: "In no particular order: Steve Austin..."

Rob
07-07-2008, 06:29 PM

He wasn't the only one. Apparently she was quite the wild child.

James Steele
07-07-2008, 06:34 PM
He wasn't the only one. Apparently she was quite the wild child.

Until she met the greatest wrestler of all time...TRIPLE H!

James Steele
07-07-2008, 06:35 PM
GOD BLESS THE GAME!

James Steele
07-07-2008, 06:38 PM
http://www.rfgolds.com/Ric%20Flair%20Wedding%20Pic%202-medium.jPG

Paul is a beacon of light in our ever darkening world.

taker707
07-10-2008, 02:16 AM
If Austin goes in . Which in all likely hood he will. I guarantee you JR will induct him . The only reason Austin inducted Bret was basically thier was no one else Brother Dead Father Dead Brother in-law Dead Pillman Dead. The only guys on the WWE roster that were around when bret was thier and that bret had any connection to is Taker Michaels HHH Vince and Austin .
Taker - Never the gimmick is too important to vince
HHH Shawn and Vince - YEAH RIGHT!!!

The only other person who possibly could have done it was Anvil.

So my Predictions are Austin will go in with JR inducting him
and if Owen goes in Bret will induct him im sure

The Genius
07-10-2008, 02:33 AM
so when does rude go in?

NeanderCarl
07-10-2008, 05:45 AM
Von Erich's
Freebirds
Austin
Gary Hart
Akbar
Boesch

Solid list.

I'd like to add Stan the mother fucking Lariat Hansen to the list.

Good call on whoever mentioned Brody.

Forget it. This is the WWE Hall of Fame. Okay, they're inducting guys nowadays who didn't have a great career in New York, or even not at all, but that list features only one "WWE name" (Austin) and a couple of other names WWE fans would be familiar with (Hayes and Kerry Von Erich). It would alienate the WWE audience too much.

You can probably expect more mainstream names, such as DiBiase, Martel, Steamboat, Anderson or Jake Roberts for example, to get in with these lesser known guys making up the numbers.

NeanderCarl
07-10-2008, 05:56 AM
As of Owen.... He could have been great. He could have been a world champion, no problem.

Firstly, it doesn't make a blind bit of difference whether or not a promoter gave you the fake title of Champion as to whether or not you should be in the Hall of Fame. Many terrible performers have been given that nod; many superlative workers have not.

Secondly, Owen could have been great? Try telling that to his colleagues and wrestling fans in the late 80s and early 90s when he was largely considered the best wrestling performer in the world. Even when the knee injury slowed him down when he returned to the WWF, he still had many top-class encounters with the likes of Bret, Davey Boy, Austin, Ramon and Michaels.

Theo Dious
07-10-2008, 02:57 PM
On the eubject of whether the Rock belongs in the HOF or not, it's a hall of FAME, not a hall of wrestling ability or a hall of guys who had good feuds. The man could show up in any arena and blow its roof off. He's also had one of the most unique career paths of any wrestler and the most unlikely rise to popularity. He has obviously earned his seat in the HOF. Though I am in the "too soon" category for him. Give him at least a few more years before ushering him in.

Theo Dious
07-10-2008, 02:59 PM

I don't know but it is the most disturbing thing I have ever seen.

addy2hotty
07-10-2008, 03:27 PM

That's from Soccer AM. A UK football show shown on Saturday mornings on Sky (channel that shows WWE). They went through a phase of at the end of every show having someone 'wave goodbye'. This, I assume, was when Benoit was over here doing some publicity for one of the big 4 PPV's.

I believe Jeff Harvey has also done the 'wave goodbye' segment.

Benoit also did a kids programme over here once in which he made himself look a fool with gunge and having to strike someone various times to make kids laugh.

I'd hate to think......no.