PDA

View Full Version : Last Friday's Smackdown and The Undertaker

Kenny
07-05-2008, 03:58 PM
The last segment on Smackdown last night was Edge telling Vickie that the wedding is off. That leads me to believe one of two things is going to happen.

1. This is a set up for a "swerve" where Vickie will some how cause Edge to defeat Triple H for the WWE Title.

2. This will be the beginning of bitter feelings from Vickie toward Edge, and ultimately will result in Vickie reinstating the Undertaker.

Thoughts?

GD
07-05-2008, 05:05 PM
My thoughts are busy wondering how Trish might be looking without her implants. I am not a fan of the Vickie-Edge storyline but I guess it might be a setup for Hunter or maybe Vickie's gonna bring back the deadman who tombstoned her on more than 1 occasions.

Dave Youell
07-05-2008, 07:01 PM
My theory is that Taker is the one trying the 'Kill' Vince.

So I'd go with the first option

DaVe
07-06-2008, 02:50 AM
My theory is that Taker is the one trying the 'Kill' Vince.

That's been my theory from the start, too. Only, there has been no story development on Vince, nor Taker. In fact, I wonder if the whole Vince thing is really an angle at all... It seems to have been stopped completely with a few-seconds statement from Shane.

So I'd say option 1, too.

FourFifty
07-06-2008, 02:55 AM
In fact, I wonder if the whole Vince thing is really an angle at all...

.....................................You're joking, right? Or did I get a contact high while I was out tonight and missed something in your post? Jesus man, I really hope it's either a joke or I'm high right now, because if you're serious then you're a goddamn moron.

Juan
07-06-2008, 03:17 AM
I dunno, I think the whole Vince injury angle is gonna go back to whole Finlay/Hornswaggle thing. JBL said that his family had something to do with that whole thing so I think this might the culmination of that.

DaVe
07-06-2008, 03:18 AM

WTF? If you think that I'm a retarded mark enough to believe it was real, then there is no way I would have positive rep.

I meant it that I don't think you can even call it an angle because it is not moving forward. There is no development. It happened. But there was little follow up. It was a one-off.

OK?

Mr. Nerfect
07-06-2008, 03:23 AM
.....................................You're joking, right? Or did I get a contact high while I was out tonight and missed something in your post? Jesus man, I really hope it's either a joke or I'm high right now, because if you're serious then you're a goddamn moron.

I think what DaVe meant was that it might have been used simply as a way to end Million Dollar Mania by getting Vince off TV, without necessarily going anywhere with it, or resulting in a notable pay-off.

To be honest, I can actually see it going that way. How it happened, I can see the WWE playing it off as a freak accident which took Vince out. I do think this is a waste of a potential heat machine, though. If it does have someone behind it, my money is on Shane McMahon or William Regal, though. To be honest, both of them doing it together to usher in a new era for World Wrestling Entertainment would be pretty sick.

FourFifty
07-06-2008, 03:28 AM
.....oh, it's a contact high. My bad.

Mr. Nerfect
07-06-2008, 03:29 AM
I also had the thought that Vickie Guerrero would re-instate The Undertaker and add him to the WWE Title match at The Great American Bash. I mean, as much as I hate to say it, as I'd much rather see him on RAW (which I think he fits better), RAW has enough babyface characters at the moment, and it really only makes sense for him to be re-instated on SmackDown! (unless they have Vince override Vickie Guerrero to have The Undertaker maul whoever is responsible for his accident).

The way Vickie Guerrero announced Edge was going to challenge Triple H at The Bash was worded in a way that made it seem like more guys could be added. She never officially said it would be Triple H vs. Edge, but just that Edge would be in the WWE Title match. I'm thinking that Big Show or The Great Khali could find their way into the scene as further punishment for Edge.

But yeah, I am sort of hoping that Vickie Guerrero and Edge were faking, so that they can get around Triple H, and take the WWE Championship, and then go to get married anyway. I'd love to see Chavo Guerrero purposely ruin the wedding and turn face against Edgie Guerrero and Vickie, but I can see it being Triple H who crashes their ceremony.

Xero
07-06-2008, 11:39 AM
Taker siding with Vince would be pretty great, just to change it up. Nobody would expect a Taker heel turn. In fact, some (myself included) expect him to be behind the attack. It could also freshen up the 4 year old character, which really hasn't changed since he returned at Mania 20 (aside from adding the Gogoplata).

Kenny
07-06-2008, 12:26 PM
Why would the Undertaker be behind Vince's attack? It just doesn't make any sense to me. In order for them to pull that off, Taker would have to completely forgive Edge and start a program with McMahon on Raw.

It would make more sense for quite a few others to be behind the attack.

William Regal, for example. He could be upset over getting fired and he's extracting revenge.

How about one of the McMahon children?

Who benefited the most out of the attack? JBL. He could be behind it.

According to WrestleView.com (which is pretty reliable) part of the WWE's deal with MyNetwork TV was to have both Triple H and The Undertaker as part of the active Smackdown roster. This was also one of the reasons they moved Jim Ross over to Smackdown. So, in other words; I can't see him coming to Raw.

I do think a great angle on Raw would be to have Orton trying to team with Batista, and then pull a swerve where Orton and Cena form a heel team and feud with Batista.

Mr. Nerfect
07-06-2008, 10:55 PM
Taker siding with Vince would be pretty great, just to change it up. Nobody would expect a Taker heel turn. In fact, some (myself included) expect him to be behind the attack. It could also freshen up the 4 year old character, which really hasn't changed since he returned at Mania 20 (aside from adding the Gogoplata).

I'd actually envision The Undertaker as a face during his siding with Vince. Despite keeping heelish qualities in his character, McMahon was getting a lot of face support due to the Million Dollar Mania thing, and what happened to him was put over as a tragedy. It would require consistent booking, which we may not see, but I can definitely see Vince and The Undertaker as faces, and Shane McMahon and William Regal as heels.

A struggle of power between Vince's boys (The Undertaker, re-instated and out of respect to the man who runs the company he is loyal to; Mr. Kennedy, who would not want William Regal to snatch power, given that Kennedy caused him to get booted out of the company; etc.) and Shane McMahon's forces (William Regal, looking to once again attain the power he had before leaving the WWE; Big Show, a good friend of Shane McMahon's; etc.) could be a pretty nifty cross-promotional feud.

Mr. Nerfect
07-06-2008, 10:56 PM
But yeah, I actually agree with Kenny. I can't understand why The Undertaker would be behind Vince's accident. What would the motive be? Why the veil? If it were lightning, or something, I would think Undertaker, but this definitely seems like "mortal" sabotage.

I'm definitely thinking Shane McMahon, if the angle goes forward. William Regal also has a good motive, but him working with Shane would be a nice angle.

TerranRich
07-06-2008, 11:43 PM
You guys think they need to wrap up the Taker/Edge storyline properly? Do they ever do such things?

I Still Remember...

SammyG
07-06-2008, 11:58 PM
I did it for the Rock.

Sepholio
07-07-2008, 03:02 AM
I think Taker will show up on RAW to make up for the fact that RAW is looking way weaker after the draft.

DaVe
07-07-2008, 04:54 AM
Naw, Taker is Smackdown. Plus what Kenny said in his 2nd last line of his very last post.

I can't understand why The Undertaker would be behind Vince's accident. What would the motive be? Why the veil? If it were lightning, or something, I would think Undertaker, but this definitely seems like "mortal" sabotage.

I think it is pretty clear, to be honest: Taker lost a match that banished him from the WWE unwillingly, ordered by a GM. Only the chairman can overturn a GM's orders (I think). And as Taker unwillingly left, he would willingly want to come back. So he must force Vince to overturn this banishment clause. Only, Taker doesn't just ask for his job back like a weakling, and I don't believe Vince is really such a face that he'd go 'sure, I'll give you your job back no questions asked!', and so Taker must screw around with Vince, and scare him into making sure he gets what he wants. The end.

What I don't understand is why Vince and Taker would side with each other? But I will agree with Xero that it would be pretty great if it somehow makes sense.

Impact!
07-07-2008, 09:24 AM
I'd actually really like to see it turn out to be Vickie and Edge. With the two of them attempting to gain more power.

Mr. Nerfect
07-08-2008, 06:28 AM
Naw, Taker is Smackdown. Plus what Kenny said in his 2nd last line of his very last post.

I can't understand why The Undertaker would be behind Vince's accident. What would the motive be? Why the veil? If it were lightning, or something, I would think Undertaker, but this definitely seems like "mortal" sabotage.

I think it is pretty clear, to be honest: Taker lost a match that banished him from the WWE unwillingly, ordered by a GM. Only the chairman can overturn a GM's orders (I think). And as Taker unwillingly left, he would willingly want to come back. So he must force Vince to overturn this banishment clause. Only, Taker doesn't just ask for his job back like a weakling, and I don't believe Vince is really such a face that he'd go 'sure, I'll give you your job back no questions asked!', and so Taker must screw around with Vince, and scare him into making sure he gets what he wants. The end.

What I don't understand is why Vince and Taker would side with each other? But I will agree with Xero that it would be pretty great if it somehow makes sense.

Vince and Taker have been buds in the past. They had that Corporate Ministry thing, to my understanding, and remember heel American Badass Undertaker? "JR, do you think you're better than me?" That was all about The Undertaker being a loyal WWE employee, and working with Vince's vision of sports entertainment for years.

With The Undertaker currently unemployed, and Vince obviously wanting revenge against whoever hurt him, giving Mark Callaway a call, and letting The Undertaker return and reviving that good relationship with him would be the perfect form of revenge, considering there aren't too many people who are glad to face The Undertaker in the WWE universe.

I can sort of see why The Undertaker would hurt Vince to get back into the WWE, but wouldn't hurting Vickie Guerrero be more justified? Also, why the stage sabotage? Why didn't The Undertaker just shoot lightning at Vince? Or show up and threaten to Chokeslam him off the stage? I guess Taker could be doing a "I'll curse you forever if you don't re-instate me" thing, but man, what a pussy using his powers to sabotage a stage.

Also, Vince could have been killed. Vince can't re-instate Undertaker if he is dead. He also cost lots of fans millions of dollars by ending Mr. McMahon's Million Dollar Mania. Doesn't seem like a face maneuver to me.

SmackDown! will apparently be getting The Undertaker back, which I hope is not the case, as I think he would slightly saturate things over there (Triple H, Big Show, Jeff Hardy and Mr. Kennedy are already top faces). I like SmackDown! as the show where people can climb up. On RAW, you currently do have a lot of faces: CM Punk, John Cena, Shawn Michaels, Batista and Rey Mysterio. John Cena can pretty much be written off as a face, though, as half the fans don't like him. We really should see a John Cena and Batista heel turn in the future, as both their characters sort of need the boost. The Undertaker returning as a face would help balance things out.

Mr. Nerfect
07-08-2008, 06:29 AM
I'd actually really like to see it turn out to be Vickie and Edge. With the two of them attempting to gain more power.

That is an interesting thought that has crossed my mind. The only reason I wouldn't want to see it, is that Vickie is already a heat machine. She's the most over heel in the WWE. She really doesn't need the boost.

NoRoolz
07-08-2008, 07:50 PM
Vickie gets major heat.

Trips wants in.