PDA

View Full Version : The Light Falling during Punk Interview

Kenny
07-08-2008, 08:41 PM
What did you make of the light falling over during the interview with CM Punk?

I was a little confused. I suppose it could have been an accident, but I couldn't help but feel that they were trying to build on the whole "stage apocalypse" deal they had going on two weeks ago with Vince.

Londoner
07-08-2008, 08:47 PM
It was just something to add to the chaotic feel to the show.

Xero
07-08-2008, 09:08 PM
The new set is clearly faulty and likely made in some Chinese sweat shop.

DarKCentaur
07-08-2008, 09:25 PM
I'm convinced it's all part of the anarchy theme, along with the chaos backstage with Batista and that "fan". Which, btw, made me laugh harder than anything I've seen on RAW lately outside of a Santino segment

TerranRich
07-08-2008, 11:53 PM
I'm leaning more toward the explanation that it is partially a slow build-up to why/how Vince was injured by falling shit, maybe mixing in the chaos of a RAW without any kind of GM/leader.

FourFifty
07-08-2008, 11:59 PM
Okay, was the "fan" shown on the west coast showing? In an hour they could have edited the footage out, no prob. Just show all four faces on the screen, reshoot it, or something for the west coast.

MCEazy
07-09-2008, 12:22 AM
Well they showed they dumbass fan on the canadian broadcast which is on a 15 min delay, so who knows.

Juan
07-09-2008, 12:27 AM
Okay, was the "fan" shown on the west coast showing? In an hour they could have edited the footage out, no prob. Just show all four faces on the screen, reshoot it, or something for the west coast.

Yes it was all on the West Coast showing.

Shaggy
07-09-2008, 12:38 AM
When the light fell I was thinking it was to add to the chaos. Then when I heard the crew that picked up the light say something I figured it was an accident. Then when the fan showed up on screen and started dancing I figured that its all rigged.

Im sure more shit will happen next week. I enjoyed it. I laughed at the fan and I think it would be awesome if stuff just started to happen all the time.

TerranRich
07-09-2008, 09:48 AM
Yeah, everything was definitely planned.

I got an idea. This could be William Regal returning. He's sabotaging the show by letting fans get backstage, sabotaging the lights, etc.. He could make an appearance saying that chaos has ensued without himself or Vince McMahon, and since Vince is incapacitated, he's taking control on his own.

rob11
07-09-2008, 10:22 AM
I would mark out for a random zombie appearance next week.

Stickman
07-09-2008, 12:03 PM
The backstage segments usually aren't live are they?

Gertner
07-09-2008, 12:34 PM
CM Punk botched the light falling

RGWhat316
07-09-2008, 01:29 PM
Punk's reaction was really priceless though, lol.

SammyG
07-09-2008, 04:09 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WIUxqNKEq68&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WIUxqNKEq68&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

MCEazy
07-09-2008, 04:39 PM

I got an idea. This could be William Regal returning. He's sabotaging the show by letting fans get backstage, sabotaging the lights, etc.. He could make an appearance saying that chaos has ensued without himself or Vince McMahon, and since Vince is incapacitated, he's taking control on his own.

Could be true, his suspension is up on july 18

parkmania
07-09-2008, 04:55 PM
I see it more as after a couple more weeks of "inmates running the asylum", Shane, Steph, and/or Linda make an appearance and reinstate him as a "calming influence."

Indifferent Clox
07-09-2008, 04:56 PM
"we're LIVE! YOU IDIOT!" hahahhahaha

Kenny
07-09-2008, 05:24 PM
LoL,

I didn't catch the "We're Live, You Idiot!" until watching it again. That was priceless.

Watching it a second time it does feel like they're trying to add to the Chaos.

The whole Kane fit threw me off though, because the only thing i can think of is them trying to build off of the McMahon angle.

Taker's obviously not dead, and McMahon was clearly speaking after the whole stage deal... so I don't know.

I think the new GM should be the Boogeyman.

Triple Naitch
07-09-2008, 05:40 PM
I think it's a way of them saying that accidents happen on live TV. The fan, the lights, the stage Vince was standing on are all percieved to be freak accidents due to being live. They'll probably do more of this the next few weeks to convince the audience that Vince's injury was an accident. Then they pull the big ole swerve and Vince says it was no accident what happened to him.

Indifferent Clox
07-09-2008, 06:13 PM
Now that Triple Naitch has said it, I know where I stand.

Kenny
07-09-2008, 09:19 PM
I think it's a way of them saying that accidents happen on live TV. The fan, the lights, the stage Vince was standing on are all percieved to be freak accidents due to being live. They'll probably do more of this the next few weeks to convince the audience that Vince's injury was an accident. Then they pull the big ole swerve and Vince says it was no accident what happened to him.

LoL, Swerve.

The biggest swerve in WWE history would be the WWE going a single month without trying to pull a swerve.

I got a slogan for a new WWE Campaign.

WWE: You Got Swerved!

Indifferent Clox
07-09-2008, 09:22 PM
and vince has a basketball cap on backwards and some 90s urban clothes.

TerranRich
07-10-2008, 09:41 PM
Why does everybody think the "chaos" is just WWE's way of saying "Hey! We're live!"?

"We've been live since the mid-90's, but YEAH, it's CHAOS out of NOWHERE! We're LIVE!"

Makes no sense.

MrSpikeLee
07-12-2008, 06:21 AM
Finally Kane has his heel turn, I hope it turns out to be Undertaker but like you have all been saying, he isn't dead. But those two do have awesome feuds with each other build up wise. Remember there second wrestlemania encounter with the rain hitting the arena etc. I want them to bring all this back.

Back Taker didn't even do any mind games to Edge.

KingofOldSchool
07-12-2008, 11:51 AM

Close.

This is just a way to put Regal back on TV as GM after he got "fired" for 60 days.

On Raw this coming Monday, Linda will open the show the same way Shane and Steph did the last two weeks. Then things will be more chaotic as ever. And the Raw after the Bash, Linda will make an announcement that since Raw failed to pull together without a leader, the Board of Directors had no choice but to announce a General Manager for Raw.

*lights go out*

*lights come on and Regal is in the ring*

The Mackem
07-14-2008, 05:47 AM
Clearly it's the first stages of the revelation that CM punk is Magneto.

Mister Sinister
07-14-2008, 05:50 AM
My Name is C. Magneto Punk, and I am your world heavyweight champion, I'm straight edge, which means I'm drug free, I also have the power to control all forms of metal, this isn't a side effect of some internet web poster on a forum thinking I'm a closet Heroine Addict, I got to where I am, from not taking short cuts...My Name is C. Magneto Punk, and I'm not just your World Heavyweight Champion, But I'm Straight Edge, and just plain better then you, Do you know why?

Because I'm Homo Superior Bitches.

The Mackem
07-14-2008, 05:54 AM
Bring back Angle and put him in a wheelchair - he's my pick for Professor X.

Plus all that relaxtion would help him heal any niggling injuries, win win scenario.

Mister Sinister
07-14-2008, 01:09 PM
If she wasn't released, Ashley would be a shoe in for Rogue, You know, two different color hair.

But the real reason, she could be rogue, no one would want to touch her, because of the possibility of something happening. Like VD

Albert needs to be bought back and giving an english Ascent to play Beast.