PDA

View Full Version : A Step Backwards for MVP?

Triple Naitch
07-10-2008, 03:57 PM
Would another U.S. Title run for MVP be a step back in the wrong direction? He is arguably the #2 heel wrestler on SmackDown but has nothing going for him. If he regained the U.S. belt it would give him some possible storylines with Jeff Hardy, Mr. Kennedy (especially), and some up and coming faces. The addition of Triple H and eventual return of Undertaker will most likely mean that a WWE Title run is out of the short term future.

Ruien
07-10-2008, 04:19 PM
He has not won a match on Smackdown for maybe 3 months? He beat Tommy Dreamer (Gasp) on that RAW, but that was about it. Nothing can be a step in the wrong direction for him.

BigDaddyCool
07-10-2008, 04:24 PM
He needs to be doing soemthing and win and getting heat.

Stickman
07-10-2008, 04:29 PM
Jobbing to HHH is a step forward?

Anybody Thrilla
07-10-2008, 05:37 PM
The way he was interacting with Triple H, it almost felt like he could become a face. I don't think that would be a good idea, but another United States title run couldn't hurt too badly.

thedamndest
07-10-2008, 05:45 PM
I don't think a US title win would be a step in the wrong direction for MVP, but I think Hardy needs it more right now. Besides, we have already seen an epic MVP US title run. He needs a good feud, but it is still to soon to turn him face or have him win the belt.

Anybody Thrilla
07-10-2008, 05:47 PM
I think Kennedy and MVP could have a solid feud....if only there were something (other than the U.S. title) for them to have a conflict about.

thedamndest
07-10-2008, 05:57 PM
If Carlito weren't such a joke I would say you could throw him in there.

Anybody Thrilla
07-10-2008, 06:00 PM
Well, the move to SmackDOWN! could be good for Mr. Colon. It seems that people can automatically become badasses once they switch brands.

thedamndest
07-10-2008, 06:04 PM
Smackdown Goldrush Tournament.

Mr. Nerfect
07-13-2008, 02:12 AM
The WWE loves MVP, they are just trying to think of something they want him to do. It seems they're settling on some kind of "rising star" feud with Mr. Kennedy, which could be great. Make both guys selfish assholes who just want to get to the top, and it could be fantastic. MVP doesn't need the US Title, though. I think he has moved past that.

I'd like to see Carlito's brother called up, and for The Colon Brothers to work as a tag team on SmackDown!. Some matches with John Morrison/The Miz, Jimmy Wang Yang/Shannon Moore and Zack Ryder/Curt Hawkins could be really fun.

Mr. Nerfect
07-13-2008, 02:13 AM
Now that CM Punk has cashed in Money in the Bank, I really wouldn't mind it if they held another Money in the Bank Ladder Match at Summerslam, with the title shot just being allowed up until WrestleMania. MVP would be a good candidate to win that, and then cash in and become a World Champion.

Juan
07-13-2008, 02:48 AM
I don't think it'd be a step back at all. Plus, WWE seems to love touting guys who win multiple championships.

Mr. Nerfect
07-13-2008, 02:59 AM
MVP should try and get in the heads of Triple H/Edge/anyone else in the main event by creating his own title, of sorts, and maybe putting it on goblet form, and calling it the "World Heavyweight Cup," which he tries to use to dispute the WWE Champion, and earn a shot at the belt.

Fox
07-13-2008, 04:51 AM
MVP should try and get in the heads of Triple H/Edge/anyone else in the main event by creating his own title, of sorts, and maybe putting it on goblet form, and calling it the "World Heavyweight Cup," which he tries to use to dispute the WWE Champion, and earn a shot at the belt.

They could then hold the Tri-Superstar Cup as well, with one superstar from each brand competing in four very dangerous matches against each other (including a Lion's Den Match where there is an actual lion, as John Cena versus a Lion = Ratings). Throughout the contest each superstar will earn points and the winner will be awarded the World Heavyweight Cup.

Of course, this is all just the evil scheme to use John Cena's blood (as he is the only WWE superstar with McMahon's blood type on the entire roster) to transfuse into the battered and injured Vince, giving him Cena's superman like strength, allowing him to return to TV and restart the Corporate Ministry with Undertaker and Triple H.

Now THAT'S a storyline.

Destor
07-13-2008, 04:53 AM
lol

(And please no to both of you)

Kenny
07-13-2008, 10:27 AM
I think MVP is going to end up being a babyface within the next couple of months. He had some words with Vickie Guerrero before the draft, and he also had good chemistry with Triple H at the end of the VIP Lounge.

Johnny Vegas
07-13-2008, 11:59 AM
Yea, that VIP lounge segment with HHH was so smooth with MVP. He is one of the WWE's meal tickets for the future and i love would to see him with a tweener role. He doesn't need to be a full-fledged HEEL and cheat all of the time, just not suck up to fans.

MVP is going to be at WM 25 in some type of WWE/World championship match. It is inevitable. As of right now, i would LOVE to see the MVP/Kennedy fued escalate and be one of the hottest fueds of '08. Smackdown is going to start puting on better shows than RAW imo because there are too many potentials on SD! RAW needed to draft someone like Burke to bring a fresh heel on the scene.

Mr. Nerfect
07-13-2008, 04:35 PM
Elijah Burke is the goods. As for MVP? He will make a fantastic face some day. A lot of people around here can't see it, but the man just reeks of awesome face qualities, to me. Sure, the man is overpaid, and rubs it in our faces, but when you look at the obstacles he has overcome, the man has found something he is good at, and worked back from further to make a star out of himself. There is a lot that is admirable about the character.

St. Jimmy
07-13-2008, 04:38 PM
Triple H Productions Presents:
http://www.impawards.com/1981/posters/dead_and_buried.jpg
The MVP Story.

Johnny Vegas
07-13-2008, 05:24 PM
BTW, i loved MVP's commentary with Foley & JR on SD!