PDA

View Full Version : Is WWE going to let Hardcore Holly get some revenge?

Dorkchop
07-11-2008, 12:57 AM
Or are they going to do what they always do and make us forget what happened?

I hate when WWE does this. WWE breaks up a tag team by having one guy turn on his partner and that's usually about it. We barely get any promos or a feud. We're lucky if we even get a match.

Cody turned on his tag team partner a week and a half ago and we are yet to see Hardcore Holly. Holly is a tough asshole, so he should be pissed and beating the hell out of Cody every chance he gets. Dibiase would attack Holly from behind and we'd get a two in one. Holly gets a tag team partner and we get a match for the next pay per view (using his rematch clause). It writes itself. They don't even have to try.

WWE is bad for this with lots of story lines and angles. Remember fake Kane? I'll admit that fake Kane looked ridiculous, but WWE instantly dropped it with no closure or information. That kind of bugged me... but it was probably for the best.

Rammsteinmad
07-11-2008, 05:30 AM
Agreed.

Like you said, Holly is one of those tough veterans who shouldn't really be accepting this, but he is. Don't get me wrong, I don't really care for Holly, but from a kayfabe point of view it'd make sense.

I know if I was in a tag team and my partner turned on me I'd go about getting some revenge.

Stickman
07-11-2008, 01:36 PM
Maybe it's cuz Holly sucks ass.

DrA
07-11-2008, 03:08 PM
Hardcore Holly has learned to forgive and will not resort to revenge just to have a superficial sense of redemption.

#1-norm-fan
07-11-2008, 04:46 PM
Cody turned on his tag team partner a week and a half ago and we are yet to see Hardcore Holly. Holly is a tough asshole, so he should be pissed and beating the hell out of Cody every chance he gets. Dibiase would attack Holly from behind and we'd get a two in one. Holly gets a tag team partner and we get a match for the next pay per view (using his rematch clause).

Holly goes into the PPV hyping a mystery partner to help him take the titles back and it ends up being... Cody Rhodes! He's changed his mind!!! MEGA-SWERVE!!!!! :eek:

LoDownM
07-11-2008, 04:50 PM
They should have had Cody kick Holly through a window. Then they would of remembered about it.

#1-norm-fan
07-11-2008, 05:26 PM
Hardcore Holly has learned to forgive and will not resort to revenge just to have a superficial sense of redemption.

All jokes aside, Holly coming out and saying that and then doing a pacifist gimmick would be pretty amazing.

RP
07-11-2008, 05:30 PM
Yah, they'll probably end it by having Holly do some sort of backstage interview and the backdrop will fall over and we'll lolz so hard cause thats never been done before.

Rob
07-11-2008, 05:49 PM
Meh he sucks anyway.

Fox
07-11-2008, 06:46 PM
I'm still waiting for the inevitable Rhodes & DiBiase vs. Holly and Hacksaw Jim Duggan match.

Afterlife
07-12-2008, 09:10 PM
Ugh. PLease no.

Anybody Thrilla
07-12-2008, 09:14 PM
It would make sense for him to try and get even with Cody, but it would make even MORE sense to just release the guy.

Londoner
07-12-2008, 09:18 PM
It would make sense for him to try and get even with Cody, but it would make even MORE sense to just release the guy.

:y:

Ninti the Mad
07-12-2008, 10:34 PM
Holly and Jannetty

Mr. Nerfect
07-12-2008, 11:00 PM
Holly goes into the PPV hyping a mystery partner to help him take the titles back and it ends up being... Cody Rhodes! He's changed his mind!!! MEGA-SWERVE!!!!! :eek:

*Marks out*

Seriously, though, just before Night of Champions, there was slight doubt in the my mind that the titles would be changing hands, because Hardcore Bob has always been a guy looking to protect his spot, it seems. The man is a solid talent, though, and has a lot of good will from the WWE. He should be trying to get revenge against Rhodes & DiBiase, though.

Thinking of tag team partners for Holly, a few come to mind. Val Venis and Holly were partners on SmackDown! for a while, and both could play the disgruntled veterans trying to school the disrespectful young kids angle very well. Holly also teamed with Charlie Haas for a while, and that just sort of ended with Haas' release. No mention has been made of Holly's previous teams once he drops them, though, so I wouldn't bet on either one.

A new partner suggestion for Holly: Jamie Noble. I can just see the two having a good on-screen chemistry.