PDA

View Full Version : Who would you have liked to see them win THAT match?

Rollermacka
07-11-2008, 03:22 PM
I was watching the Royal Rumble 2003 DVD and I was just wondering how diffrent do you think things coulda been if Hardcore beat Lesnar and became the champ and Mick Foley had beaten Randy Orton for the IC title (the feud took off durring that Rumble)? I remember that Holly got a huge push returning from that botched powerbomb and even mic did those promos where he sat in the rocking chair with "Barbie" and snapped and distroyed everything. I know the thought of Thurman "Sparky" Plugg as the world champ dosent appeal to many people but I would like to see it just because Holly's been around for a long time and helped trained younger guys in this business. As far as Mick goes I always though they give him the short end of the stick when he has "Return Matches" that was the only time I thought he might win. When he spoke in that old school Mankind creepyness mixed with the Cactus Jack mentality. He even reversed the RKO and dropped him into a bed of tacts... and still lost :nono:

XL
07-11-2008, 03:48 PM
Thing with Foley is that he will NEVER (or veeeeeeeeeeery rarely) win a "big" return match.

He appreciates that his time has passed and understands that there is little to be gained by putting him over younger, up and coming talent. I wouldn't expect Foley to beat anyone that he faces in these "one off" matches (except Carlito, everyone beats Carlito).

And as for Holly winning the WWE Title...words escape me.

BigDaddyCool
07-11-2008, 04:08 PM
HARDCORE WINNING WOULD HAVE BEEN INTERESTING. I BET HE WOULDN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THE FUCKING BELT. HE WOULD HAVE JUST LOOKED AT IT AND THROWN IT DOWN TO BEAT SOMEONE UP.

Rammsteinmad
07-11-2008, 04:57 PM
I would like to see it just because Holly's been around for a long time and helped trained younger guys in this business.

Now hold on a second there sunshine. Maybe you should go and get some sleep and rethink this post in the morning.

Hardcore Holly as a World Champion?! Are you kidding me?!

The guy sucks in the ring. The guy sucks on the mic. The guy sucks outside of the ring. The guy sucks when it comes to not getting injured. The guy sucks because every time he comes out he acts like he's a main player.

Hardcore Holly sucks!

I swear if I ever hear you mention Hardcore Holly and World Title in the same sentence again I'm gonna neg rep you.

:wave:

Rob
07-11-2008, 05:52 PM
I would have loved Holly to get the title.

That way I could have stopped watching years ago.

Mr. Nerfect
07-13-2008, 02:01 AM
I like Hardcore Holly and all, and there is a little bit in me that still marks out for him, but I've got to take the "not World Champion" side here. Holly is decent-to-good in the ring, and while he's not flashy on the mic, he's not necessarily bad. If you're going to reward guys for being in the company for a long time, though, I'd put Val Venis, Funaki and Stevie Richards all above Hardcore Holly in World Title pecking order.