PDA

View Full Version : Rate the first three songs on your mp3 player

U-Warrior
07-12-2008, 01:34 AM
Right, prolly been done before, but fuck it. Put your mp3 player on shuffle, and rate the first three songs. Commentary is optional.

Girl Talk- Set it Off 7/10
Jay-z + Paranoid Android = win. But like every other song, its a medley, and once the novelty wears off, its still cool, but nothing amazing.

Enter Shikari- Today Won't Go Down in History 7/10
Bit of a departure from the rest of the album, as its much slower and methodical than the other tracks. Not to mention the lack of screaming. Nice track, but its better when listening to the album straight through, as opposed to by itself.

Lewis Black- America Loses it's Mind 10/10
A bit from his Luthor Banks Performing Arts Center performance. He talks about the media and congress' response to Janet Jackson's breast being exposed st the superbowl. It is amazing, like everything else in this performance.

ron the dial
07-12-2008, 04:09 AM
- marilyn manson - antichrist superstar: 4/10
feels like he's going for a real industrial style here. doesn't really work for me since i'm not huge into industrial. the chorus has a nice melody to it. his vocals are very generic. nothing to write home about. lots of people yelling at once is nice. not sure why i have this but probably won't get rid of it.

- frou frou - hear me out: 6/10
i love imogen heap's voice. i'm okay with electronic beats. upbeat not too sad sounding. fairly run of the mill, though.

- t.i. - motivation: 8/10
one of my favorite t.i. songs. blast this shit out loud in yr. ride on a fine summer day with the windows down and it's the top of the world baby. just so god damn smooth.

El Fangel
07-12-2008, 04:21 AM
TTFTT - Dragonforce 7.5/10 - The stuff of Heros nightmares (see what I did there), nah, one of the best songs by dragonforce, high energy, great guitars, nice tone.

Breath - Breaking Benjamin - 8.5/10 - Love this song, it may sound generic, but around the 2:46 part of the song, I love the scream, and the lyrics I can kind of relate to, I like the guitar in the song alot, and the bass in the back seems to be hidden, but its there.

Fade to Black - Metallica 10/10 - In my opinion one the best songs ever written, I dont even think I need to explain myself on this.

Triple A
07-12-2008, 04:54 AM
I got 3 songs that I love.

The Holy Modal Rounders - Bird Song - 10/10 amazing bugged out song
Bob Marley - Redemption Song - 8/10 love it
Violent Femmes - Kiss Off - 9/10 love it

mitchables
07-12-2008, 05:06 AM
The Mars Volta - Roulette Dares (The Haunt Of) // 9.5/10
Easily one of my favourite Volta tracks. The vocal and instrumental shifts are seamlessly schizophrenic. The rhythm is thunderous. It makes you want to shake your hips so hard you could be a hula champion. Or wiling out on whatever it was Cedric and Omar were taking when they wrote this.

House of Brothers - Deadman // 9.0/10
Really sedate, beautifully put together indie folk. Nice use of strings and harmony against a haunting acoustic guitar.

Foals - Cassius // 8.0/10
A couple of weeks ago, I'd have given this a 9 but as time has worn on, I've found the repetitive, drilly upper-neck clean-channel indie dance rock of Foals doesn't have massive replay value in big doses. It's a lot of fun, but the lack of lyrical imagination is a bit of a running theme in a lot of songs (most tend to revolve around 2-4 catchy hooks and buildups) and once you've heard it a few times, you need a bit of a break.

Maybe even 7.5 on that last one, for the replay value thing.

El Fangel
07-12-2008, 05:18 AM
Just because I like doing this.

Side of A Bullet - Nickelback - 7/10 - One of there few really good songs, and an excellent tribute to Dimebag, lyrics have meaning and seem to sound different from the rest of their tunes.

Symphony of Destruction - Megadeth - 9.5/10 - One of the most well known metal songs, and very few metalheads wouldnt throw up a devil hand when this song plays, definatly Megadeths top song.

Clocks - Coldplay - 9/10 - I fucking love this song, the piano is uncanny, I cant even explain, and it sounds so mellow, and cool. First time I heard this was for a Peter Pan comercial, and I downloaded it, have not deleted it since.

Kris P Lettus
07-12-2008, 11:22 AM
Big Bang, Water, and No Regrets all by Aesop Rock..

All are between 8-9/10..

MCEazy
07-12-2008, 12:12 PM
Wheels Of Steel - Outkast 8/10
Move The Crowd - Eric B. and Rakim 10/10
Dream Wing - Kuribayashi Minami (Mai-Otome Opening) 9/10

FakeLaser
07-12-2008, 12:56 PM
John Frusciante - Usually Just A T-Shirt: Untitled 6 8/10
Just Frusciante wilin out on guitar and it is bugged out

Ghosts & Vodka - Sex Is Popular 7/10
Hot instrumental

Of Montreal - Tim With You Were Born A Girl 7/10
Yeah good stuff

Indifferent Clox
07-12-2008, 01:37 PM
Bob Dylan- Gates of Eden-10/10- One of dylan's trippiest songs and a possible sequel to mr. Tambourine man. Excellent lyrics of course. Has all the 'Classic' Dylan Staples (harmonica, amazing lyrics, Acoustic guitar). But this one is very surreal. Give it a listen.

The motorcycle black madonna
Two-wheeled gypsy queen
And her silver-studded phantom cause
The gray flannel dwarf to scream
As he weeps to wicked birds of prey
Who pick up on his bread crumb sins
And there are no sins inside the Gates of Eden

The kingdoms of Experience
In the precious wind they rot
While paupers change possessions
Each one wishing for what the other has got
And the princess and the prince
Discuss what's real and what is not
It doesn't matter inside the Gates of Eden

Shins- A call to Apathy- 8/10 Very harmonic and melodious of course, and the lyrics are top notch. Somewhat controlled though compared to the other two I got

Man Man- Black Mission Goggles-9.5/10 CRAZY EXCELLENCE- any song that employs explosions as a musical instruments amongst a chorus of la la la is amazing. It sounds like a crazy apocolyptic circus. I love the drums.

Kris P Lettus
07-12-2008, 01:54 PM
Do yall's MP3 players not put shit in alphabetical order??

U-Warrior
07-12-2008, 02:24 PM
I said first three songs whenn your mp3 player is on shuffle/random.

U-Warrior
07-12-2008, 02:31 PM
Coldplay- Spies 8/10
Hot ass early coldplay.

Heroes Del Silencio- Flor Venenosa 5/10
Meh. One of those songs that aren't bad, but there's nothing great about it either.

Judas Preist- Bloodstone 9/10
Fucking classic. And a nasty solo.

Kris P Lettus
07-12-2008, 02:41 PM
Missed that part..

:o

FakeLaser
07-12-2008, 02:42 PM
Leaders of the New School - Transformers 7/10
Busta Rhymes in his early days. Classic hip hop

TV On The Radio - Yr. God 5/10
Most overrated band ever

Big Pun - Get Off My Dick 10/10
Maybe the most unintentionally intentionally funny song ever

Kris P Lettus
07-12-2008, 02:46 PM
Boogie Down Productions-9mm Goes Bang

9/10 Very simplistic in rhyme and beat but it is quintessential oldskool Hip Hop..

Devin the Dude feat Scarface-Sticky Green

10/10 Two of my top five of all time on the same track rapping about weed.. What's not to like??

Rage Against the Machine-Renegades of Funk

10/10 Awesome political song based on the history of Hip Hop.. Zack rips that shit..

I have awesome tastes in music..

Kapoutman
07-12-2008, 03:04 PM
MC Solaar - Illico Presto (6/10)

Far from being Solaar's best work, but still got a cool, mellow sound. It's relaxing.

Pulp - Razzmatazz (8/10)

I just love Jarvis Cocker's voice.

A Tribe Called Quest - Electric Relaxation (8.5/10)

They've done better songs, but this one makes me feel awesome. Makes all the stress go away.

CSL
07-12-2008, 03:52 PM
Left Behind - Slipknot 7/10
Fear - Bon Jovi 8/10
Our Diabolikal Rapture - HIM 6/10

Taft
07-12-2008, 06:15 PM
Okkervil River - Our Life Is Not A Movie or Maybe 9/10 [Hands down my favorite Okkervil Song.]

Dashboard Confessional - As Lovers Go 4/10 [Mediocre, even for DC]

Bright Eyes - I Believe In Symmetry 7/10 [It's Bright Eyes.. that's good enough]

Indifferent Clox
07-12-2008, 06:22 PM
Slint-Breadcrumb Trail 9/10- The perfect song of alienation with it's spoken word/ screaming it's just an amazing experience.

Up-C Down-C Left-C Right-C ABC + Start- Not of the Fallen 7.5/10
Excellent.The way it starts almost seems classical then it bursts into crazy solos that sound spacey over beautiful distortion. It loses points because it's very short and not really meant to be listened to without the rest of the album.

Magnetic Fields- Zombie Boy 8/10
The barritone and distortion create a beautiful contrast.

U-Warrior
07-12-2008, 07:47 PM
Coldplay- Violet Hill 8/10
Great, catchy song. Some badass riffs in here. Very Phil Collinsish in parts. Nice ending too.

Danger Doom- A.T.H.F. 8/10
Meatwad rapping, Carl talking about white people music, and doom on the stick. Little short, but good stuff.

Anberlin- Time and Confusion 6/10
It's alright. Doesn't do that much for me tbh.

Juan
07-12-2008, 07:59 PM
The Darkness - I Believe in a Thing Called Love 9/10
This song reeks of old schoolness, as does the band, and I love it for that.

Fastball - Out of My Head 8/10
I nice little gem from the 90's.

AFI - Rolling Balls 10/10
Old school AFI. Great song for anyone who has ever wanted to be a female bowler.

Skippord
07-12-2008, 08:28 PM
Alice In Chains - Again 8/10
-my favorite band so I love it

The 69 Eyes - Brandon Lee 8/10
-Recently started listening to them and I like the song a lot

Lacuna Coil - Heaven's A Lie 7/10
-I don't like the dude but Cristina Scabbia is sexy and her voice is awesome

LaLa
07-13-2008, 01:30 AM
Alicia Keys - Wake Up 7.5/10
-I don't really listen to this song but it's nice and relaxing.

Mariah Carey - Thanx 4 Nothin' 9/10
-One of my favorite songs from her new album, as you can see from my title.

Justin Timberlake - Sexy Ladies/Let Me Talk To You (Prelude) 5/10
-I don't really like this song, it just happens to be on his album.

Blitz
07-13-2008, 01:45 AM
Adam Tensta-See You Watchin': 5/10. Nice flow from Tensta, but the beat and the hook leave me a little cold.

Duncan Sheik-That Says It All: 7.5/10. Love his voice. Great chorus.

Killswitch Engage-Holy Diver: 8/10. Hottttttt cover.

U-Warrior
07-13-2008, 02:51 AM
Loooooooovvvvvvve the killswitch Holy Diver cover.

El Fangel
07-13-2008, 03:02 AM
Come Clarity- In Flames - 9.5/10 - Immense guitar and base, awesome lyrics, great verses, and a wicked ass chorus.

Trigger - In Flames - 8.5/10 - I love how it goes from nu-metal, to kinda melodic metal, great chorus, and love the bass.

Crank Dat - Soulja Boy (Travis Barker Remix) - 5/10 - 10x better then the origional, I can actually listen to it, and not want to stick a nail in my eardrums :)

Fury of The Storm - Dragonforce - 7/10 - Fast, Energetic, first Dragonforce song I ever heard, love the chorus :)

Breadline - Megadeth - 9.5/10 - Either is, or tied for best Megadeth song, IMO.

Juan
07-13-2008, 03:14 AM
I'm bored so I'm gonna do it again...

The Fugees - Fugee-La 10/10
The f'n Fugees, what can I say?

AFI - Hearts Frozen Solid, Thawed Once More by the Spring of Rage, Despair and Hopelesness 9/10
30 second song song from a compilation called Short Songs for Short People. Short and sweet.

Bullet for My Valentine - Tears Don't Fall 10/10
One of my favorite bands. Period.

ron the dial
07-13-2008, 06:59 PM
- pretty girls make graves - wildcat: 7/10
slick guitar part throughout most of the song. and as always i love her voice.

- lil wayne - you nasty: 5/10
general wayne shit. okay beat i guess. i prefer blaze ya dead homie being nasty.

- ben folds - trusted: 8/10
i love pretty much every song he has ever written.

ct2k
07-13-2008, 07:05 PM
Luther Vandross - I Really Didn't Mean It 6/10

U-God - Turbo Charge 8/10

Slayer - New Faith 6/10

thedamndest
07-13-2008, 10:27 PM
Smashing Pumpkins - Farewell and Goodnight 10/10 I love the whole album

Rob Zombie - Blitzkrieg Bop 6/10 Good cover because it doesn't sound anything like the original, although it sounds like a crappy Rob Zombie song because there is no mention of the devil

Robert Johnson - Stones in My Passway 8/10 Good old blues

El Fangel
07-13-2008, 10:39 PM
Frantic - Metallica - 6.5/10 - One of the best songs on St.Anger, that doesnt mean much but hey.

St Anger - Metallica - 6/10 - I hate the drums in this, the song itself is alright, I just hate the drums.

Kryptonite - 3 Doors Down - 9/10 - Seriously love this song, Its meaning and lyrics are great.

thedamndest
07-13-2008, 10:59 PM
You put it on random and your iTunes gave you two songs from St. Anger in a row? Your iTunes must hate you.

El Fangel
07-13-2008, 11:10 PM
I should fucking neg you for thinking I use Itunes.

Indifferent Clox
07-14-2008, 03:50 PM
Kryptonite - 3 Doors Down - .5/10 - Seriously love this song, Its meaning and lyrics are great.

Mariah Carey - Thanx 4 Nothin' 0/10
-One of my favorite songs from her new album, as you can see from my title.

Breadline - Megadeth - 0/10 - Either is, or tied for best Megadeth song, IMO.

Indifferent Clox
07-14-2008, 03:50 PM
I stole Fallen Angels Ipod

thedamndest
07-15-2008, 11:00 AM
I should fucking neg you for thinking I use Itunes.

Hey, all's I'm saying is whatever you're using must be glitched to hell if it is playing you like that.

U-Warrior
07-16-2008, 12:12 AM
Wyclef Jean (feat. Norah Jones)- Any Other Day 3/10
Not a big Norah Jones fan. And it isn't one of wyclefs better recordings either. So not much I like here.

Iron Maiden- Aces High 10/10
Fuck do I gotta say? It's Iron fuckin' Maiden.

Straylight Run- Another Word for Desperate 8/10
One of my fav songs from this band.

ct2k
07-18-2008, 07:29 PM
Boyz II Men - Water Runs Dry 10/10
Come on, even KK likes this

Bobby Digital - Slow Grind African
Well its a fuckin interlude, so fuck you

Brandy and Monica - The Boy is Mine 7/10
shut up

R Kelly - I Believe I Can Fly 10/10
SPACE JAM

The Mask
07-18-2008, 08:23 PM
john frusciante - wind up space 9/10
awesome track. i love all of the 'to record only water for 10 days' album. weird recording and production and even songs but they're all great in a way i've never been able to understand.

Depeche Mode - Enjoy the Silence 10/10
come on, it's enjoy the silence, aka greatest song ever.

Rammstein - Stripped 5/10
not even sure what this is doing on tbh cause it's not one of the rammstein songs i particularly care for. strange.

Fabien Barthez
07-18-2008, 08:43 PM
I Get Around - The Beach Boys. 8/10. Old people listen to it, I've heard it in clubs and such before now, and everybody loves it, and they love the Beach Boys. And if they don't, they are miserable pricks, really.

Where Is My Mind - The Pixies. 8/10. I'm not massive on the Pixies really. But This is by far my favourite song by them. The guitar riff just makes me think of the skyscrapers blowing up at the end of Fight Club. Which is a powerful image.

Round Are Way - Oasis. 10/10. For a start, nearly every Oasis songs gets at least an 8 because I fucking love them. But this is a quality tune. It was the B-Side to Wonderwall, so it probably came out at their height of fame and most prolific period. The fact that this song is the B-Side is probably why its one of the more forgotten Oasis tunes. Either way, I love the tempo, the brass section. Liam's great vocal on it. How massive it gets at the end. The mix is just outstanding. Paul Weller even plays the lead guitar and Harmonica on it. Love it.

Kane Knight
07-18-2008, 09:58 PM
Of the first three on my playlist, two happen to be songs I bought through eMusic and haven't actually listened to, so I can't rate them.

The first one, however, is Brian May's Cover of the Conway Twitty number "Only Make Believe," Which I give a 9. It's hard to top a standard, but I really do love Brian's version.

I filled up my playlist with a lot of new stuff, so I'm getting my share of "random" songs I'm yet to give a single spin.

U-Warrior
07-19-2008, 12:17 AM
Well I'm not going to hunt you down and castrate you if they aren't precisely the first 3 that come up. First 3 that you can actually rate is fine.

Or maybe I'm just luring you into a false sense of security.

WATCH YOUR NUTS

Indifferent Clox
07-19-2008, 03:39 AM
Boyz II Men - Water Runs Dry 10/10
Come on, even KK likes this

Bobby Digital - Slow Grind African
Well its a fuckin interlude, so fuck you

Brandy and Monica - The Boy is Mine 7/10
shut up

R Kelly - I Believe I Can Fly 10/10
SPACE JAM

:shifty::wtf::?::rofl:

U-Warrior
07-25-2008, 06:33 PM
Dropkick Murphys- State of Massechusetts 8/10
Great song, but drags on a little too long.

Paramoure- Miracle 3/10
Dunno, not really into these guys.(and girl) Got the album for free. This song does not change my opinion, although it's not unlistenable.

Muse- New Born 9/10
One of the best songs off one of , in my opinion, their best album.

Downunder
07-25-2008, 07:54 PM
Robbie Williams - How Peculiar 5/10
Not my favourite Robbie Williams song, but the Mrs likes it and that's why it is there.

David Bowie
Space Oddity 9/10
Bowie at his overrated best

David Bowie Modern Love 5/10
Really not a fan of this song, but it's a catchy little number.

Skippord
07-25-2008, 11:39 PM
Rob Zombie - Foxy Foxy 7/10
I enjoy it but not as much as Rob Zombies other songs

Children Of Bodom - Needled 24/7 9/10
One of my favorite Bodom songs

Dark Lunacy - Defaced 8/10
Death Metal with an orchestra

Funky Fly
07-26-2008, 12:18 AM
K, shuffling this fucker up aaaaaand...

Dr. Dre - Bang Bang 7/10
Not a classic by any means, but I've always loved this album and this song in particular

White Zombie - Thunder Kiss '65 - 8/10
Dumb shit I love. Fuck you

Royce Da 5'9 - I Promise 10/10
Dude's sick

Funky Fly
07-26-2008, 12:26 AM
K, 1 more time

Vanessa Carlton - Nolita Fairytale - 7/10
First time hearing it, actually. Get the feeling this shit's gonna grow on me. Also, I'd pee in her butt.

Metallica - The God That Failed 7/10
The band that failed. Still like this song tho

Mark Morrison - Return Of The Mack 34623653567324.2/10
Retuuurn of the Mack! Yes!

Skippord
07-26-2008, 12:59 AM
Vanessa Carlton...you big gay

Funky Fly
07-26-2008, 01:00 AM
Vanessa Carlton...you big gay

I will gay rape your face off. :foc:

Funky Fly
07-26-2008, 01:04 AM
One more time

Bob Marley ft MC Lyte - Jammin' 9/10
This is the remix from Chant Down Babylon. I really dig this song, despite not usually being a fan of this type of thing.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under The Bridge 8/10
Nice mellow song that reminds me of the good old days.

Space Ghost Coast To Coast Theme 10/10
It's fucking Space Ghost.

U-Warrior
07-26-2008, 01:25 AM
Never Ending White Lights (featuring Todd Kern)- Life is a Dead Scene 7/10
Really good chill, atmospheric song. Although I've heard better of that type from these guys

Gym Class Heroes- 7 Weeks 9/10
Great flow on this song. Prolly one of the best on the album.

Muddy Waters- I Live the Life I Love, I Love the Life I Live 10/10
I shouldn't have to explain anything here.

Blitz
07-27-2008, 02:38 AM
Matchbox Twenty-Disease: 7/10
Not my fave song of theirs, but close. Some grimier guitar than you'd expect from them, and a pretty big chorus.

Cobra Starship-Hollaback Boy: 7.5/10
Fun takeoff of Gwen Stefani's track.

Hope Of The States-The Red, The White, The Black, The Blue: 8/10
A forgotten gem of a track for me. Nice piano and strings, and a pretty good vocal.

Juan
07-27-2008, 02:53 AM
HorrorPops - S.O.B. 7/10
Just got into these chicks, but im diggin' 'em.

Audioslave - I Am the Highway 9/10
Fuckin' beautiful song. I hadn't heard this track in forever and now I am in love with it again.

Taking Back Sunday - A Decade Under the Influence 10/10
One of my all time favorite bands. It's a little emo, but great none the less.

El Fangel
07-27-2008, 03:08 AM
It Only Hurts - Default - 7.5/10 - One of their better songs, not anything exceptional, but I like it.

Turn The Page - Metallica - 9/10 - One of the best Metallica songs out there, pretty original, and has a very cool chorus.

Everything Changes - Staind - 7/10 - Not one of my most liked Staind songs, sounds way off for Aaron, doesnt have that haunting voice like he does in Epiphany.

Funky Fly
07-27-2008, 04:09 AM
Alpha Blondy - Yeye 8/10
Upbeat African Reggae. Great for dancing or chilling with friends.

Twisted Sister - Like a Knife in the Back 8/10
You know, these guys are so much better than "We're Not Gonna Take It", but no one ever talks about how solid their albums were.

Snoop Dogg - Ballin' 7/10
I like whoever's singing the chorus and the general arrangement, but it's not Snoop's best work.

El Fangel
07-27-2008, 04:19 AM
No Leaf Clover - Metallica - 10/10 - One of my favs, absolutely awesome song, great guitar work, enticing chorus.

Paint It Black - Rolling Stones - 10/10 - One of the best songs written by one of the best bands in the world, with one of the best intros.

November Rain - Guns N' Roses - 10/10 - There second best song, and the best written by them.

El Fangel
07-27-2008, 04:19 AM
Wow, I just gave three 10/10's

thedamndest
07-27-2008, 11:39 AM
In the previous post you gave a Bob Seger cover a 9/10. Your Metallica judgment may be suspect.

PapaGeorgio
07-27-2008, 12:26 PM
Baby, Baby, Baby by R. Kelly 6/10
He isn't too committed to this song, seems like a filler.

7 O'Clock News / Silent Night - Simon & Garfunkel 9/10
Such an awesome track. Just so beautiful.

Metal Mouth - Wazibit (AKA ME) 8/10
Did some rap songs as some jokes. Most of them were diss tracks. They are terrible but this one is like the best one I did.

Funky Fly
07-27-2008, 11:55 PM
Queen - Flash 9/10
Flash! AAAAAAAAAAHHHH! Savior of the universe! :heart:

Eastsidaz - Crip Hop 8/10
Straight up gangsta rap. Complete with badass interpolation of an 80s funk song.

Damn Yankees - High Enough 8/10
Guilty pleasure right here.

thedamndest
07-28-2008, 12:27 AM
There is nothing to feel guilty about when it comes to Damn Yankees.

El Fangel
07-28-2008, 01:19 AM
In the previous post you gave a Bob Seger cover a 9/10. Your Metallica judgment may be suspect.

The cover kicks ass? Maybe thats why.

Also

Down With The Sickness - Disturbed - 9/10 - One of my favs by them, and another song with a very recognizable intro.

Nothing Else Matters - Metallica - 10/10 - Way up there in my list of favorite songs ever, nothing I dont like about this song at all.

Crank Dat - Soulja Boy - 1/10 - I forgot this was on my computer, I think because I wanted to show someone how much better the Travis Barker remix is.

Funky Fly
07-28-2008, 02:13 AM
Ren & Stimpy - Happy Happy Joy Joy 10/10
Fuck you, no explanations needed

Busta Rhymes - Touch It (Remix) 8/10
Beat is ehh, but the rhymes are tight

Michael Jackson - Thriller 10/10
It's Fuckin Thriller, I don't care how many little boys he touched

MCEazy
07-28-2008, 02:25 AM
Love Me Do - The Beatles 9/10
It may be one of their older tracks, but it still kicks ass. (Especially the harmonica riffs)

Evil Women (Don't play your games with me) - Black Sabbath 7/10
An alright track, some pretty good guitar work.

Hot Blooded - Foreigner 10/10
A true classic.

Downunder
07-28-2008, 07:10 AM
Funky Fly and I could go on a road trip and never once argue over the music .

thedamndest
07-28-2008, 11:59 AM
Strength Beyond Strength (live) - Pantera 6/10
Not one of my favorite Pantera songs, but they can't all be winners

Trouble in Paradise (live) - Huey Lewis & the News 8/10
I wish it were still socially acceptable or encouraged to pick-up chicks with Huey Lewis songs because I would be rolling in pussy.

Amsterdam - Van Halen 8/10 One of the better songs from Sammy's last album. This poor album never gets mentioned in the reunions because it isn't "classic VH" but there are a few gems here. Oh well.

ct2k
07-28-2008, 01:39 PM
Funky Fly and I could go on a road trip and never once argue over the music .

Nunder you've shown utter disdain for 'blick' music on numerous occasions

Downunder
07-28-2008, 08:27 PM
You know nothing of me ct2k

Skippord
07-28-2008, 08:42 PM
I will gay rape your face off. :foc:
I'll try not to like it

El Fangel
07-29-2008, 12:48 AM
Perfect Enemy - Dry Kill Logic - 8/10 - Like the singers voice, and the bass work in this song. Props to whoever recommended them to me.

God Hates Us All - Slayer - 6/10 - I dont know why but I just dont like this song, the lyrics, the guitar, barely anything...

Angels - Enya - 8/10 - Love Enya, so relaxing to listen to.

Funky Fly
07-29-2008, 01:54 AM
William Bell - I Forgot To Be Your Lover 10/10
Classic. Been sampled to hell, though.

Common - Payback Is A Grandmother 9/10
About as gangsta as Common gets

Notorious B.I.G. - Machine Gun Funk 10/10
Smooth, could listen to this all day.

El Fangel
07-29-2008, 02:04 AM
We Will Rock You - Queen - 9/10 - Of those rock classics, that will never die.

Burn in Hell - Dimmu Borgir - 9/10 - One of those covers that are as good, if not better then the original

Angels Dont Kill - Children of Bodom - 10/10 - I love this song, best by COB In my opinion.

ct2k
07-29-2008, 10:43 AM
Slayer - Altar of Sacrifice - 8.5/10 on its own, 10/10 combined with Jesus Saves

Raekwon - Incarcerated Scarfaces - 9/10 didn't like Cuban Linx a whole lot when I was younger, mainly because I listened mostly to G-funk, but goddamn have I come to adore it more than almost anything else produced by the Wu

Keyshia Cole - I Remember - 9/10 Her voice makes me want to have Richie Sexson

LaLa
07-29-2008, 12:35 PM
Pussycat Dolls - Buttons 9/10
It makes me feel sexy :$

Usher - Nice & Slow 10/10
My Favorite song from him

Fall Out Boy - Dance, Dance 9/10
Love this song

thedamndest
07-29-2008, 01:02 PM
This thread should replace the "What are you listening to RIGHT NOW" thread.

Chuck Jones
07-29-2008, 01:24 PM
Citizen King-Better Days (and the bottom drops out)- 7.5 out of ten.
Pretty catchy song about hard working people.

Van Morrison/Pink Flotd- Comfortably Numb (live)- 8/10
Simply amazing.

Arcade Fire- Rebellion (lies)-8/10
I really love this song.

thedamndest
07-29-2008, 01:43 PM
Forgiven - Disturbed 6/10
Filler track. They showed they were better than this on this album

10,000 Days (Wings Part 2) - Tool 10/10
Excellent. I love both of these together, but part 2 is actually my favorite of the two.

Waitin' for the Bus (live) - ZZ Top 10/10
I love their sound. From the vocals to the tone to how tight the rhythm is, it's no wonder these three guys have stood the test of time by pretty much doing the same thing over and over again.

El Fangel
07-30-2008, 03:41 AM
All She Wrote - Default - 7/10 - Generic, over-played, but Hey, I like it.

St. Anger - Metallica - 5/10 - Hate the fucking drums in this, omfg ARGGHHHH!

Serenity -Godsmack - 9/10 - I love the way this is song by Godsmack, it seems so entrancing I guess.

thedamndest
07-30-2008, 03:21 PM
What album is Serenity on?

jindrak
07-30-2008, 08:34 PM
The Lemonheads- "Mrs Robinson" 9/10
Catchy, fun song.

Jane's Addiction- "Superhero" 8/10
The theme song to one of my favorite shows. Love it.

JoJo- "too little too late" 8/10
I like it, so fuck you.

El Fangel
07-31-2008, 03:12 AM
What album is Serenity on?

... I can fucking believe I mistook Disturbed for Godsmack....

I didnt actually even look at the song name that popped up, it sounds like Disturbed so I typed it in. :-\

Funky Fly
08-01-2008, 02:01 AM
Busta Rhymes - Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Can See (Rayza Remix) 10/10
Fuck, this shit is better than the original, and that's hard to top

Missy Elliott - One Minute Man 7.5/10
Nice danceable song from 8 years back. All the girls like, and thus so do I. :naughty:

The Simpsons - Sibling Rivalry - 8/10
Off the classic "The Simpsons Sing The Blues"

Danny Electric
08-01-2008, 06:00 AM
How many times has Funky Fly done this :)

The Used - Circles 8/10
Probably one of only two songs that I really like by them.

The Bronx - Oceans Of Class 9/10
Anything by them is awesome.

Some Girls - The DNA Will Have It's Say 8/10
Possibly one of the most brutal bands I've seen live.

thedamndest
08-01-2008, 11:04 AM
Gary Hoey - Feliz Navidad 7/10 This is an entire album of instrumental rock guitar Christmas music. It was a gift one year, and it's some of the only "holiday" music I tolerate because, well, it rocks. I rated this a 7 because I don't like Feliz Navidad that much.

Sammy Hagar - Your Love is Driving Me Crazy 6/10 An alright Sammy song, mostly for the chorus.

Stone Temple Pilots - Vasoline 9/10 Awesome

Funky Fly
08-02-2008, 02:02 AM
How many times has Funky Fly done this :)

The Used - Circles 8/10
Probably one of only two songs that I really like by them.

The Bronx - Oceans Of Class 9/10
Anything by them is awesome.

Some Girls - The DNA Will Have It's Say 8/10
Possibly one of the most brutal bands I've seen live.

4. 5 now:

Dilated Peoples - Worst Comes To Worst 8.5/10
Sweet lyrics, sweet beat

R.E.M. - Everybody Hurts 9/ 10
I don't even like R.E.M. but I love this song.

Outkast ft. Rosario Dawson - She Lives In My Lap 10/10
Fucked up, but in a good way. Just like the rest of the album.

Fox
08-02-2008, 10:53 AM
Ben Folds Five - "Video" - 5/10 - Too poppy and a bit boring.

Modest Mouse - "Novocaine Stain" - 7/10 - A bit slow and depressing, but good lyrics as usual from MM.

Led Zeppelin - "Good Times Bad Times" - 8/10

ct2k
08-02-2008, 11:41 AM
Mobb Deep - Bloodsport 8/10 - pretty tight album all in all, not as hot as the Infamous but still RZA-sharp

Mariah Carey - We Belong Together 9/10 - what

Pearl Jam - Dissident 9/10 - my favourite PJ album:heart:

Kane Knight
08-02-2008, 08:34 PM
Did...Did Fallen Angel just praise Travis Barker?