PDA

View Full Version : The Rock and the Sharpshooter...

Johnny Vegas
07-13-2008, 11:45 PM
So we know that The Rock would do the Sharpshooter submission hold in many of his matches during/after 2001. So, was that like a tribute or something to Bret Hart (because i heard that Bret did favor The Rock alot when he Rocky was starting out or whanot) or was it for Owen Hart because of his death or any close ties?

Just curious :?:

Juan
07-14-2008, 12:43 AM
Worst looking sharpshooter ever.

The MAC
07-14-2008, 12:48 AM
bret did train him. Bret also stood up for him when the clique wanted to bury him.If michaels had his way back in 96 the rock might never been the legend he became.

Destor
07-14-2008, 12:49 AM
I agree with Juan.

I've heard a lot people say it's an F-U to HBK. No idea. don't care as the move looked like ass. I hope it wasn't an homage to anyone.

ozzman6669
07-14-2008, 12:59 AM
He started using it when the corporation did a "screw job" on Mankind I think

Zen v.W.o.
07-14-2008, 01:02 AM
The Rock was very close to the Harts.

Thus, you'll also note he doesnt quite like either HHH or HBK.

But yeah, I'm thinking he just wanted to pay homage to some guys he respected and admired.

Xero
07-14-2008, 01:25 AM
Like Ozzman said, he first used it at Survivor Series 98 if I remember correctly, and had used it sparsely until he really integrate it into his move set, but he did use it.

Crazy Nick
07-14-2008, 02:40 AM
I noticed that after Owen's death he really started to use it more, so I think it might be a tribute to him. That's what I assume, I am not sure though.

The Mackem
07-14-2008, 05:38 AM
I don't remeber anyone really using it at the time he started to use it often. Bret had left for WCW, Benoit was still in WCW and I can't remember Owen using it that much before his death as it was about that time he was tagged with Jarrett plus in the Blue Blazer gimmick.

It was a big move still as Bret hadn't been gone too long, someone going on to greatness might as well pick it up.