PDA

View Full Version : How can the WWE not see that they are wasting time with Vladmir Kozlov?

Sebastian
07-16-2008, 05:39 PM
This is something that really confuses me.

WWE is a multi billion dollar company, on top of the world since defeating their competion years ago and their closest competitor cant even touch them in the least (I'm referring to TNA here who are IMO #2, but far far off). Now, obviously, the company knows what they are doing.

I mean, it seems that the company has "it" together, right?

Yet, out of nowhere comes what I can only say is a waste of:

A) Talent
B) Time
C) Money
D) Airtime
E) Opportunity. (To use a different star in his position)

What is this "waste" that I am speaking of? Vladmir Kozlov, WWE's latest so called "monster".

Now, the WWE should really know their history and that they have pushed similar "monsters" many times in the past who have come to meet the face of failure after a lot of investment into them. Just to name a few that come to mind, lets remember Heidenreich, Sylvester Turkey, Bill DeMott, A-Train, Travis Tomko etc. (Snitsky too to a degree, but I will withold judgment as he is still with the WWE)

Basically, WWE takes a large wrestler and throws them on air week after week giving them squash match after squash match...when the guy is actually POOR!

How could anyone in the WWE, with all their years of experience and knowledge not see that Vladmir Kozlov can't go anywhere? He is obviously not very good in the ring, seeing as all his matches so far are squashes, the WWE doesnt seem to have confidence in putting him into competetive matches. The guy also is dangerous (as he is prone to unjuring others) and most of all, he has no mic skills because he is foreign.

Honestly, you can put ANYONE into Kozlov's role and it would be the same thing, only with other guys, you might have POTENTIAL for them to turn into something. All Kozlov has going for him is that he will probably be turned into a comedic character, jobbed out and released just like Heidenreich and the numerous other unbeatable monsters.

Wouldn't it make more sense to use the money and time to develop ANOTHER wrestler that has potential to go somewhere? I mean WWE wastes a match every week on this guy who is OBVIOUSLY not going to go anywhere in the company.

Imagine if Paul Burchill was getting his push? Now thats a guy with POTENTIAL!

It just boggles the mind how a company like the WWE could be missing this simple point.

Xero
07-16-2008, 06:52 PM
"Now, obviously, the company knows what they are doing."

I think the decline of ratings since the Attitude Era tells a different story.

Kozlov is clearly a Vince McMahon project. He's always had a thing for big, untalented men. Just look at all the giants who have come through the WWE in pushes like this yet were terrible and I think you'd see that they're (they being Vince McMahon) doing what they've always done. Pushing on looks rather than talent.

Destor
07-16-2008, 06:55 PM
Maybe you don't now whats a good idea? I mean I think he's pretty boring, but what makes you anymore right than you think they're wrong? YOu just wrote this long post that only said: "He's a waste because I say so."

You really need more backing you up here.

rojas
07-16-2008, 06:58 PM
my friends and I like to refer to this guy as "guy we don't know and don't care about"

Londoner
07-16-2008, 06:59 PM
Tbh i agree, the way they're using Kozlov sucks.Until he stops getting put in squash matches, i wont care, oh and get some fucking theme music to.

thedamndest
07-16-2008, 07:04 PM
Why would you withhold judgment on Snitsky? I think it's pretty clear he's fucking terrible.

Dorkchop
07-16-2008, 07:12 PM
WWE hasn't realized this since 19.... well ever.

I understand the need for sqaush matches for big men, but that's all they seem to get untl WWE finally takes them off tv (with the exception of Khali). I'd like to see Kozlov in a regular wrestling match to see what his skills really are. Almost anyone can look impressive if they're squashing a jobber.

Juan
07-16-2008, 07:12 PM
I dunno, his matches lately have been pretty tolerable, with the opponent getting at least some offense in. I will call this a waste of time once it's clear that this guy is a failure.

screech
07-16-2008, 11:57 PM
I agree, he is pretty bad. WWE (by that I mean Vince) doesn't seem to realize that this "push this big guy as a monster by having him squash jobbers" doesn't work. This push will continue for a few months until they figure out how bad he really is and release him. That, or he'll get a title run ala Khali and we'll never see the end of him.

Also, after looking at your list of past monsters, I have two statements. Actually, a statement and a question.

1. Tomko and A-Train actually have some wrestling ability. They don't have mic skills, but they're not awful like Heidenreich (or Nathan Jones). Plus, both have moved on and are having success elsewhere (Tomko to TNA, A-Train to New Japan Pro Wrestling). And they weren't really debuted as "monsters who squash jobbers". Tomko was brought in as a bodyguard for Christian, while A-Train was brought in to team with Droz (kind of like a bodyguard as his debut was saving Droz from a beatdown).

2. Who the hell is Sylvester Turkey?

Juan
07-17-2008, 12:13 AM
2. Who the hell is Sylvester Turkey?

He debuted on Smackdown along with Elijah Burke in late 2006 I believe. Both ended up in ECW before Turkay was eventually released... again.

Gertner
07-17-2008, 12:28 AM
I like Kozlov. Has a different offence. wish they wouldn't stop him using his ddt finisher though

Kalyx triaD
07-17-2008, 12:46 AM
Actually I liked his match with Stevie Richards.

And by the way...

Who are you?

Anybody Thrilla
07-17-2008, 02:07 AM
There is nothing wrong with Kozlov at the moment. While some people say that they would like to see him in a more 'competitive' match, there has been nothing wrong with any of his squash matches. He's intense and he's fairly crisp from what I've seen.

Also, on the last SmackDOWN!, he had theme music, to whoever said he needed some. It was just as badass as the WWE wants you to believe he is.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with the starter of this topic. I have no reason to be mad about Kozlov at press time.

Rammsteinmad
07-17-2008, 02:39 AM
I've not yet seen enough of him to judge him, but I seriously doubt someone called Vladmir Kozlov is gonna be any more than a mid-card jobber-squasher. Take that for what you will.

screech
07-17-2008, 02:48 AM
Okay maybe he isn't so bad, but by the looks of things [i.e. the direction he's probably going to go, knowing WWE] he won't be great. Like I said, it'll continue until they figure out how good/bad he is (probably when he has an actual match) and they'll adjust accordingly.

Juan
07-17-2008, 05:44 AM
:lol:

thedamndest
07-17-2008, 10:02 AM
I think he would have gotten more heat with the silence than with music.