PDA

View Full Version : I was going to make a thread about Impact sucking

Dorkchop
07-18-2008, 12:42 PM
But then Booker T came on. This guy is such a great heel. I'm glad he has the belt. He's much more entertaining on the mic and in the ring than Samoa Joe.

If I remember correctly, Booker T was a heel when he first started doing vignettes with Goldust, but they were both so entertaining as an odd couple, Booker quickly became a face.

Anyone else enjoy heel, champ, Booker T? Or just Booker T in general?

BigDaddyCool
07-18-2008, 01:30 PM
Booker is a good guy to have on any roster.

Mercury Bullet
07-18-2008, 01:48 PM
Booker T is one of my favorites. I really think that even though he has accomplished alot in his career, he could have done so much more even had he not been stuck in some crappy angles and storylines over the years. He's not fantastic in the ring but he's darn solid. He's got top level charisma though as a face or a heel. Had it not been for some of the crap he's had to put up with, I think he would be wrapping up his career being considered amongst the all time greats.

TerranRich
07-18-2008, 02:00 PM
WWE misusing him as part of the InVasion angle ("Who is the blue hell are YOU?") and as the goofy comedic relief (King Booker and nWo treating him like a joke) prevented him from reaching legendary status, which he could've done given a few more years. I'm glad TNA is using him far better than WWE did throughout most of his career there.

thedamndest
07-18-2008, 02:04 PM
I agree with a lot of what Mercury Bullet is saying. I think a lot has to be said for him coming from "the other side"; just when he made it to the top of the WCW food chain he came into the WWF/E and was basically used to all of their guys over until he found himself with Goldust.

Londoner
07-18-2008, 02:08 PM
Yeah I always liked Booker T.

screech
07-18-2008, 02:44 PM
I've been off and on about him, but mostly because of the roles he's played (mainly King Booker). I loved it when he was with Goldust though. He's got great charisma and is an awesome heel. And he's so much more entertaining and better in the ring than Joe.

Ruien
07-18-2008, 03:00 PM
So is Booker the first guy to hold every major title? (TNA, WCW, and WWF)

Xero
07-18-2008, 03:03 PM
Wait, Booker's TNA champion?

Dorkchop
07-18-2008, 03:18 PM
So is Booker the first guy to hold every major title? (TNA, WCW, and WWF)

Kurt Angle won the WCW title during the Invasion angle. I don't count that because it was in WWE.

FourFifty
07-18-2008, 03:19 PM
Wait, Booker's TNA champion?

TerranRich
07-18-2008, 04:40 PM
Yes, Booker is TNA Champion.

Was he the first? I'm trying to think of other WCW/WWE/TNA champs, and I can't think of any. Was Nash ever TNA champion?

Mercury Bullet
07-18-2008, 04:55 PM
So he won the title then? That's pretty awesome. Yeh, I think that would make him the first guy to have held a world title in all three promotions then. At least all three promotions while they were functioning independently (i.e. not the WCW title while it was owned by WWE).

TerranRich
07-18-2008, 05:35 PM
My bad, I was given bad information. It was a no-contest. Sorry about that.

Super V
07-18-2008, 05:45 PM
He's not the champion. He's just being allowed to hold the belt for Samoa Joe.

thedamndest
07-18-2008, 05:47 PM
So he's a modern day Virgil?

thedamndest
07-18-2008, 05:54 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aW_EPlFr2ng&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aW_EPlFr2ng&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
So he gave the belt back?

Mercury Bullet
07-19-2008, 12:43 AM
Goddamnit!

Mr. Nerfect
07-20-2008, 04:48 AM
I don't normally enjoy Booker T as a heel. That being said, King Booker was fucking fantastic, and I've been loving him in TNA recently. That's sort of shades of his King Booker character, though. He's like the most decorated man in professional wrestling. The man is a Hall of Famer.

The time has pretty much come and gone for it, I think, but I would have put Booker T over Samoa Joe at Victory Road with some help from TNA, with some assist from Kevin Nash. I'd love to see an old vs. new feud in TNA, with Booker T leading the old guys.

TerranRich
07-21-2008, 07:53 PM
I just realized that this thread was where I got my "bad information". When you tell a non-TNA-viewer that Booker T "has the belt", it usually means that he is the champion.

Dorkchop
07-22-2008, 12:05 AM
I thought Booker T was the champion when I made this topic because TNA is really confusing at times and can't explain things.

Xero
07-22-2008, 12:22 AM
I thought Booker T was the champion when I made this topic because TNA is really confusing at times and can't explain things.

Flash back to 1999....

I thought Booker T was the champion when I made this topic because WCW is really confusing at times and can't explain things.

Impact!
07-22-2008, 12:50 AM
I was going to make a thread about Dorkchop sucking