PDA

View Full Version : I want a Ladder Match at Summerslam

Mr. Nerfect
07-22-2008, 02:58 AM
I'm not sure if I'd prefer a TLC Match for the WWE Tag Team Championship, or another Money in the Bank (seeing as Punk has already cashed in his briefcase, the WWE could say that the stipulation will live on until WrestleMania with someone else as Mr. Money in the Bank). It'd get a lot of guys on the card, and provide a great match. It's a big enough PPV to take it.

If they go the TLC route, which seems more likely, I'd go with Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins defending the WWE Tag Team Championship against John Morrison & The Miz, The Hardy Boyz and Shelton Benjamin & MVP. Shelton Benjamin and John Morrison are instant gold in Ladder Matches. The other men would all be fantastic, too. I'd go as far as to put the WWE Tag Team Championship on Shelton Benjamin & MVP, and call them The World's Greatest Athletes.

As for Money in the Bank, I'd go with eight guys in another classic spotfest. Shelton Benjamin and John Morrison would again be musts. The Hardys as singles guys would fit. That's half your match there. Chavo Guerrero seems like he would work in a match like this, and Umaga has been getting a pretty decent push recently, and he'd fit in this sort of environment. The last two guys could be Kofi Kingston and Paul Burchill.

I don't know, I just think a Ladder Match at Summerslam would be really cool.

Indifferent Clox
07-22-2008, 03:52 AM
how about Jericho v. HBK in a ladder match?

St. Jimmy
07-22-2008, 03:54 AM
Punk vs. Jericho - Ladder Match at Mania. I would mark the fuck out like a little girl for that.

Hanso Amore
07-22-2008, 07:17 AM
Mark Henry vs Tommy Dreamer

Ladder Match.

To win, one of them only has to stand on the 3rd rung without the ladder breaking under their weight.

Londoner
07-22-2008, 07:52 AM
Would rather have a last man standing match between jericho v hbk, well i would rather have both a TLC and a last man standing match on the show, but doubt that would happen.

Mister Sinister
07-22-2008, 02:46 PM
We just got TLC 2 months ago at One Night Stand, as well as a ladder match on the same card.

Unless this is your way of hoping, someone tears there Collarbone...someone namely named Batista or John Cena...

screech
07-22-2008, 03:00 PM
I like the ideas, but Chavo in MITB? I'm down with everyone else in there, but Chavo? Really? I'd much rather see Kennedy, even though he's not going to be doing much of anything for a while.

As for TLC, I like the Shelton/MVP thing. But I kinda wanna see how Hawkins and Ryder do as champs for a while. I'm interested to see how they evolve, if they do.

Xero
07-22-2008, 03:02 PM
MITB is stupid as hell. That'd be like doing another Royal Rumble during the year.

It's a good match, but it should be kept for Mania.

screech
07-22-2008, 03:11 PM
That'd be like doing another Royal Rumble during the year.

There's your SummerSlam main event.

The CyNick
07-23-2008, 09:59 AM
Yeah MITB has become a Mania tradition, no need to mess with it.

Miz and Morrison would probably have a pretty good TLC match, but I would want it built up. Maybe if they ever wanted to have the Hardys do a long term program as a team again, that would make sense.

But when I look at the potential matches for Summerslam, I dont see a big multi person gimmick match like this. Plus, I think that type of deal would be better saved for one of the secondary PPVs where you done have as strong of a main event.

With the history fo Summerslam and two of the top guys in HIAC, I think that'll be enough to do a good buyrate.

Innovator
07-23-2008, 10:02 AM
Batista vs. Kane - Bag on a Pole

CMON RUSSO BOOK IT

Mr. Nerfect
07-23-2008, 10:07 AM
I like the ideas, but Chavo in MITB? I'm down with everyone else in there, but Chavo? Really? I'd much rather see Kennedy, even though he's not going to be doing much of anything for a while.

As for TLC, I like the Shelton/MVP thing. But I kinda wanna see how Hawkins and Ryder do as champs for a while. I'm interested to see how they evolve, if they do.

Why not? Chavo's a former ECW Champion and someone who would perform well in a Ladder Match.

I wouldn't be opposed to seeing the WWE broaden the MITB concept. I mean, it's going to get old at WrestleMania, eventually.

Londoner
07-23-2008, 10:53 AM
^ I disagree, it should belong to WM only. Kinda like the royal rumble should stay on the rumble ppv.

Fox
07-23-2008, 01:53 PM
Shelton Benjamin vs. Jeff Hardy for the US Title Ladder Match

screech
07-23-2008, 03:25 PM
Why not? Chavo's a former ECW Champion and someone who would perform well in a Ladder Match.

I wouldn't be opposed to seeing the WWE broaden the MITB concept. I mean, it's going to get old at WrestleMania, eventually.

Yeah but he's gotten his push and title run, Kennedy keeps getting thrown to the bottom. He deserves at least a title opportunity, and a run with the belt eventually. Plus, I can't stand watching Chavo.

Destor
07-23-2008, 03:27 PM
They need to stop MinB all together just for the record. We don't need an annual spotfest.

Fox
07-23-2008, 03:30 PM
Seconded.

Money in the Bank is lazy booking. This is especially obvious at WrestleMania 23. They couldn't find matches for Randy Orton, Edge, the Hardys, King Booker, Kennedy, Punk or Finlay? Yet they have room for Khali vs. Kane, a bullshit Women's Title match and Umaga vs. Lashley?

Rated RKO vs. The Hardy Boys would have been a more than acceptable WrestleMania match, especially if it were for the WWE Tag Team championship (which was not defended).

Throw in King Booker vs. CM Punk and Kennedy vs. Ric Flair and you have a full card.